Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gran Turismo 4!

chrisb

It is takigna while to download... but from playing tha game and driving on the actual track.... it is uncannily close!!!!

I think the GT4 recreation of the ring is very good but im sure those of us who has been to the ring will agree that the game doesnt look or feel anything like the real thing.

The sence of danger, speed and depth is missing from the game and dont get me wrong - i dont think is a badly designed game but i dont think it quite captures the feeling of the track entirely.

:thumbsup:

I think they have re created it as much as you can ona computer game....

the sense of fear is not there because if you crach ont eh game, A you do not destroy your pride and joy.... B yo do not get a colossal track repair bill (probably more costly then replacing your pride and joy) C its funny to bounce or barriers at 200+ in the game....... in real life its a bit dofferent!!!!!!

I thing GT-4 is fantastic.... when I first played it I was suprised when I drove my car on the game, it indersteered....

WTF is this I said... in real life they OVER STEER at every given opertinity!!!!

WEll they do.... on the road... but fast, on a track, my car had a very mild and manageable understeer -just like on the game- which actually made it very easy to drive on a track!!!!!

Cheers fella!!!!

I'll bet you like the no. plate on the black one too ;) ;)

Freakiness, I was looking at that very vid yesterday.

Anyone fancy trying to get some GT4 online action happening? I've been wanting to get a game going using XLink Kai, but any time I'm on, the Europe arena's are always empty, so I haven't gotten to try it yet. We could get a few folk from here in for a game.

I can provide links to Xlink Kai, and setting it up to play GT4 online, for anyone who's interested.

Hey that is spot on there mate. The PS2 does a fine job recreating the ring :thumbsup:

jerry!!

How would I play it online?????

that sounds good to me!!!!!!

I'll be in This!!!

Hey that is spot on there mate. The PS2 does a fine job recreating the ring  :thumbsup:

jerry!!

i have to disagree

i can bounce my 900bhp Zonda C12 happily off every wall unscathed, if i tried that in the 2 id die :lol:

i really dont think its that realistic, take carousel for instance, anyone whos been round that for real will know the game is complete pants!

100yards of bumpy concrete at 45 degrees at full throttle, and then jump out of it? no game can recreate that

Nice find,

I always go on 'the ring' on GT4, by far the best circuit on there :yes:

How would I play it online?????

that sounds good to me!!!!!!

I'll be in This!!!

You need to grab Xlink kai. It runs on your PC, and fools the PS2 into thinking it's playing over a LAN:

Link

You need to set the PS2 up using the details in this thread:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65171

If you're using a router, you can ignore step 3. You may have to disable DHCP on the router though, and assign static IP's, although you may just be able to reserve an ip adress for the ps2. Depends on the router.

And this is a sort of follow on from that previous link. It skims the basics of setting up, and then goes onto detail how to set up a game over Xlink:

Link

Cheers smate... I'll look into setting it up later (looks complicated!!!!!)

I don't think my PS2 has a LAN port ('tis a very early one), so I'll have to get one of the add on ones :(

Still looks likea good idea!

The 'ring is accurate within 15mm on GT4.

Best way to play it is, if you go on the grass, re-start (I now know the first 3rd very well, and the last 3rd not so well :lol: )

Cheers smate... I'll look into setting it up later (looks complicated!!!!!)

I don't think my PS2 has a LAN port ('tis a very early one), so I'll have to get one of the add on ones :(

Still looks likea  good idea!

I had an old style PS2 previously, and managed to pick up a network adaptor for it from eBay for a fiver.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links