Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3s-fe To 3s-ge

hei93

Hi Guys

I wonder anyone in here could help me please. I have an import Celica ST202 with an 3S-FE engine. I would like to replace an 3S-GE engine in it which can give me more power. Would it compatable? If possible, what other parts i need to convert? I know that i need a new ECU, what else is essential to beware of? clutch, gearbox....??

thanks very much if you can help

Ben

It is possible .. but why not go for a GTE ..

The FE-> Ge conversion would probably only be a head swap and an ECU.

interesting topic here, hei93, can you tell us what u've found so far. I am looking to transplant my 3sfe to 3sgte. I got a quote of £1800 not including labour fees.

to be fair the swap is fairly straight forward as they are all from the 3S family (ie they share the same block casting ). an average price for conversion would be around the £2000 mark for a 3S-GTE transplant (labour only)

you should be able to source all req parts for around £1500. you will need a 3S-GTE engine from a GT4 celica along with loom, ECU, fuel pump and all anciliarys (best to go for the rev 3 engine) and an MR2 turbo gearbox.

for a 3S-GE you will need the head and manifolds and engine loom/ECU. you should get everything for about £300+fitting but as the head was the main difference between the 3S-FE and 3S-GE its only realy a head swap + wiring

Good topic. I have a 3s-fe which I am happy with but if anything goes wrong with the head this is good to know the gte would be an option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links