Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto (ignition) Door Locking, This Procedure Worked.

prince

1) Start with Car Alarmed and your outside the car:

2) Push the “unlock” button of the remote control the Indicator lights will flash 2 times.

3) Step in the vehicle and make sure that all doors are closed completely.

4) Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder.

Wait for more than 5 seconds.

5) After turning the key to the ACC position, turn the key from the ACC to the

ON position 5 times within 10 seconds (Last position : ON) and the Status Monitor LED will illuminate for 30 seconds.

6) While the LED is illuminated :

Open and close the driver’s door 5 times.

And then turn the key to the ACC position. LED will continue illuminating and the Indicator lights will flash 5 times.

7) To put the Ignition controlled door lock ON :

While the LED is illuminated:

Open and close the driver’s door 1 time.

Turn the key ACC-ON-ACC 1 time (Last position : ACC). the Indicator lights will flash 1 time and the LED will extinguish. END

When the procedure is done come out of the car and arm the alarm wait about a minute so the car is alarmed then un-arm it, get in the car close the drivers door and turn the ignition the car should lock and then unlock when you turn off again.

If you want to switch off the function then repeat steps 1- 6, but then do the following:

To put the Ignition controlled door lock OFF:

Open and close the driver’s door 2 times.

Turn the key ACC-ON-ACC 1 time (Last position: ACC) the Indicator lights will flash 2 times and the LED will extinguish.

Notes:

The door lock will be overruled by operating the “central lock button” or manual door knob operation.

If the Ignition is turned ON a second time the “ignition controlled door lock” will NOT operate again.

• Like 2

On the toyota techdoc under Accessory Group then Vehicle security system at the bottom of the results there is a document labelled ‘TVSS V Setting Guide except Belgium’.

take it you didn't find this out "by accident" ..

On the toyota techdoc under Accessory Group then Vehicle security system at the bottom of the results there is a document labelled ‘TVSS V Setting Guide except Belgium’.

take it you didn't find this out "by accident" ..

Got some time to kill tomorrow.... Will give this a go... :D

All sorted and working a treat :thumbsup:

Handy feature to have...Missed this from my last car (RenNO)....

Awesome!! WOrks on mine too, its odd that they have so many different systems, I'd not yet got to reading through the instructions on the tech site....

wonder why they make it so a/ hard to find out how to turn this on and b/so hard to actually go through the settings to enable!!

anyhow, it works now so excellent!!!

with this feature is there any safety, say in a bad accident do the doors unlock or does the ignition need to be turned off, just a worry if passengers are not able to turn off ignition, how do people outside get in through the locked doors, i can understand the need for this feature it was nice to have in hired cars in the states.

with this feature is there any safety, say in a bad accident do the doors unlock or does the ignition need to be turned off, just a worry if passengers are not able to turn off ignition, how do people outside get in through the locked doors, i can understand the need for this feature it was nice to have in hired cars in the states.

If I or the Wife are driving the RAV4 in built up areas we keep it on. On longer journeys on motorways etc we turn it off.

Agree in what you say, has good points and bad. Mine unlock when keys turned off.

Same function in Renaults etc. Theres works when the car goes over 5mph. But does not unlock when slowing down. Have to open the drivers door to overide...

I would suspect that this feature only locks the door rather than dead/double locking them.

Therefore, in the event of an accident, the window can be broken and the door open from the inside.

Most cars these days automatically switch on the hazzrd lights in the case of an accident. I would suspect the doors would unlock if this happened as well, would be nice if some one can confirm that though?

Most cars these days automatically switch on the hazzrd lights in the case of an accident. I would suspect the doors would unlock if this happened as well, would be nice if some one can confirm that though?

Anyone willing to plough into a brick wall in the name of science? :D :D :D

Anyone willing to plough into a brick wall in the name of science? :D :D :D

I think the wife tried the other day but missed :D

I think if you have an accident where you need emergency services to get you out of the car, haveing unlocked doors probably will not help, as you'd need to be cut out in a modern car. as the doors probably wouldn't open any way :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

2) Push the “unlock” button of the remote control the Indicator lights will flash 2 times.

ON position 5 times within 10 seconds (Last position : ON) and the Status Monitor LED will illuminate for 30 seconds.

And then turn the key to the ACC position. LED will continue illuminating and the Indicator lights will flash 5 times.

Turn the key ACC-ON-ACC 1 time (Last position : ACC). the Indicator lights will flash 1 time and the LED will extinguish. END

When the procedure is done come out of the car and arm the alarm wait about a minute so the car is alarmed then un-arm it, get in the car close the drivers door and turn the ignition the car should lock and then unlock when you turn off again.

If you want to switch off the function then repeat steps 1- 6, but then do the following:

Turn the key ACC-ON-ACC 1 time (Last position: ACC) the Indicator lights will flash 2 times and the LED will extinguish.

Notes:

The door lock will be overruled by operating the “central lock button” or manual door knob operation.

If the Ignition is turned ON a second time the “ignition controlled door lock” will NOT operate again.

Mods........

If your in on this one Giddlepin. Can we have this item Pinned to the top of the RAV section please. Another helpful topic to add to our library

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Notes:

Mods........

If your in on this one Giddlepin. Can we have this item Pinned to the top of the RAV section please. Another helpful topic to add to our library

Thanks

Do you know if this procedure works in "no alarm" ravs? thanks

One way to find out :lol:

I would think it would work on the cars fitted with central locking even if they do not have an alarm. Follow the instructions EXACTLY if you try it, I got it very slightly out in the sequence the first few times and it didn't work, but when I followed it exactly, it did it.

I think is a very useful feature.

One way to find out :lol:

I would think it would work on the cars fitted with central locking even if they do not have an alarm. Follow the instructions EXACTLY if you try it, I got it very slightly out in the sequence the first few times and it didn't work, but when I followed it exactly, it did it.

I think is a very useful feature.

:( Just tryed it and no can do, the only led i have is the imobilizer one and i tryed several times and can´t seem to make it lightning.......

Rave, do you have the led in the centre console like the one in this photo?

Heated_Seats-1.jpg

There is this one as well as another one by the mirror control (at least in UK cars) - I *think* the one that flashes is the one on the centre console.

IIRC, I turned the ignition key one more time when I shouldn't and the whole process didn't work - had to read it very carefully and do it again before I sorted it (probably just me :D )

Rave, do you have the led in the centre console like the one in this photo?

Heated_Seats-1.jpg

There is this one as well as another one by the mirror control (at least in UK cars) - I *think* the one that flashes is the one on the centre console.

IIRC, I turned the ignition key one more time when I shouldn't and the whole process didn't work - had to read it very carefully and do it again before I sorted it (probably just me :D )

No, i only have one on the dash that says: security ....

Tell you in a bit!

I'm off to change all the discs, pads, calipers and shoes on a 4.2 so piccies will arrive soon!

No, i only have one on the dash that says: security ....

Sorry - you did say that in the post before :blush:

I just repeated this procedure and it IS the light that is in the centre console that illuminates, so I guess this process only works on those vehicles with the Toyota Alarms fitted.

I believe all UK RAV4s have the alarm as standard.

I assume you do have standard Toyota central locking? It may be possible that there is another procedure that enables the same auto locking feature on thoses cars without alarms :g:

It may be worth printing off the instructions and going to your Toyota Dealer and ask them to check for the procedure for YOUR version?