Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Next Car?

ozzy666

starting to save for a new car but can't make my mind up which to get :P its not gonna be till next summer but i'm thinking bout it all the time :P

celica gt4 'v' mitsubishi fto

i love the look of both of them ,

wat u reckon ?? any body no owt bout the fto's??

B) :thumbsup: B) :thumbsup: B) :thumbsup:

please buy a st205 gt4 , forget washing machine transmission of the fto .v6 power that dont equate to 4 cylinder gt4 power just aint right, also check out the rear arches everyone i have seen is either bubbling or has been resprayed allready , they dont have the zinc galvanising of the toyota , if they fail you are limited to the dealers as no one knows much about them , please please go gt4 , 185 or 205 you know it makes sence.

if 0-100 in less than a few gear changes is good buy a gt4 -- watch the gt4oc intro it makes you wanna wee with excitement - gt4 ownership is an honour and all who undertake it will know and feel from the heart what its all about - "BRILLIANT"

please buy a st205 gt4 , forget washing machine transmission of the fto .v6 power that dont equate to 4 cylinder gt4 power just aint right, also check out the rear arches everyone i have seen is either bubbling or has been resprayed allready , they dont have the zinc galvanising of the toyota , if they fail you are limited to the dealers as no one knows much about them , please please go gt4 , 185 or 205 you know it makes sence.

if 0-100 in less than a few gear changes is good buy a gt4 -- watch the gt4oc intro it makes you wanna wee with excitement - gt4 ownership is an honour and all who undertake it will know and feel from the heart what its all about - "BRILLIANT"

Ah-ha. I know lots about FTO`s. My mates got one and i`m the poor sod thats got to keep fixing it.

He bought it in May last year. To date we`ve replaced the gearbox ecu £200 S/H The gearbox & the torque converter £500 S/H. The exhaust. The standard one had had it. £300. Changing the plugs was a laugh. You have to remove the exhaust manifold to get to the back 3.(V6) And watch out for the coils. 6 of them little devils. The front anti roll bar bushes. (Remove front subframe) Rear anti roll bar bushes (Easy) The alternator had to be replaced after he drove through a puddle (The stupid thing hangs down under the engine damn near) And a few other jobs besides. Oh yeah. Had to dismantle, realign and refit the front nose cone/spoiler/foglights after he hit a badger. Very brittle plastics and the fixings aren`t that clever. Thats about it so far, more or less. Incidentally he now wishes he`d bought a GT4. :yes: Oh i forgot the rattle in the boot. Still there. :o

well :D you've put me off already :P we it being japanese i would of thought that they would of been on the same par as toyota :o they do look nice though :drool: but so do the gt4, i will be be going for gen 6 if i manage to get one :thumbsup: think i'll be wanting a newish one wat reg do they go up to? and wat price i am roughly looking at ? may have to getting loan :crybaby:

also dude at work trying to talk me into a probe :!Removed!: :D

cheers rob

Stick with the gen 6 GT4. Probes are @rse. Nothing but a glorified mondeo. And they rust........ The gen 6 was available to `99 iirc. :unsure:

probe lmao . mazda engine rot box - dont bother - listen my gt4 is a 1994 from japan with 72k on it now , i paid 5.5 k for it last november , its now 12 years old .its rust free from drive shaft , to brake disc .drives perfect and makes gains on most modern day coupes of its class.( non of which are only 2 litres , well maybe the seat leon turbo ) embrace the love right here.these guys shift like a rocket forget st202 .st182 . go go turbo st205 .the camels conkers

gt43.jpg

until you own can you believe the extent of the full power of these babies , even through divorce the car stays with me to guarantee a powerfull comfortable and safe ride.

Not keen on Gen6's but GT4 Booster - that looks the knackers!! :thumbsup: :D

It`s even grown on me.... And THATS sayin something :lol::thumbsup:

How can a Probe be in the same class as a GT4? :laughing:

And i've said this before, but GT4 Booster, your ST205 is amazing! :drool::drool::drool:

Just hope i get one thats in that kind of condition :)

:thumbsup:

i may sell it soon if the price is right

i may sell it soon if the price is right

hmmm :D

I cant buy till September anyway, not 21 till then :unsure:

ahh. I see. Fed up with the corsa auto and you want to upgrade to an SRi. :wacko:

gotta love this guys humour :yes::lol::lol:

starting to save for a new car but can't make my mind up which to get :P its not gonna be till next summer but i'm thinking bout it all the time :P

An FTO is not a fast car... GT4 is in a different league! :yes:

An FTO is not a fast car... GT4 is in a different league! :yes:

I agree. I tailed an FTO down the A249 Detling Hill in Kent about 6 months ago. Whatever the guy did, he couldn't get away from me. The car looked mint and it looked like he'd really looked after it and seemed convinced he could beat me.

Now, up until last week when I was reading Evo, "Knowledge" and saw the stats for the GT-4, I hadn't appreciated just how blisteringly quick it is as a stock car!! :eek: I assumed it was around the mid-6secs sprint and therefore with age, I'd be able to keep up, but the stock times are barmy. It almost made me think about getting one!! :lol::thumbsup:

Also you have trouble finding a manual FTO most of them have the Tiptronic auto box which adds 2 seconds :eek: to the 0-60 time. maunual does it in about mid 7s if i recall correclty auto is 9-10s 0-60. Plus their tiny compaired to a celica.

i was told the fto's were scary fast!?!?! the v6 one

Well they`re not slow as such. Just not a patch on tht GT4. :thumbsup:

i was told the fto's were scary fast!?!?! the v6 one

Well they`re not slow as such. Just not a patch on tht GT4. :thumbsup:

It was the V6 I was following.........must've been a manual as he did put up a good fight!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links