Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speckled Yaris

Demonic Angel

Finally got round to cleaning my Yaris today - and noticed something strange....

On the drivers side, I've found some tiny little red spots, I've not noticed them before...

They look a bit like paint splats, but its hard to say exactly what they are, but I can safely say my car has never been near any red paint of any description....

Here's the evidence (bear in mind the flash makes them appear much larger, they are in fact quite small and you can barely see them!) They are mainly in the nooks and crannies of the doors and rear passenger window but there is even some of it on the rubber seals round the doors as well, but its only on the drivers side of the car....

specks004.jpg

specks003.jpg

specks002.jpg

specks001.jpg

I do have some Carlo Blue touch up paint I could use to cover them.... but I'm really wondering if there is anything else I can do? I dont think I can really turn round to Mr T and say that they have gotten red paint on my car (thats the only explanation I can think of) as I've only just noticed it and the last time I was there was my service in December.... :unsure:

But I know my car has never been in the vicinity of any paint products, so I know its not my fault!

I mean, its not like its harming the car, red goes very nicely with blue and as I say, hardly noticeable unless you look for them, but still, I'd like something to be done.

Does anyone think I stand a chance going back to the dealership to tell them? I do get on well with them there, but its been so long since my car was there, I'm not sure they'll do anything about it!

t-cut will take them off, looks like contamination from somewhere, you could have just drove past somewhere thats been painted etc...

dont use touch up paint, itll look even worse, just buff them off :yes:

remeber to re polish the car afterwards as T-Cut takes it off ;)

How bizarre! My car's picked up all kinds of filth this winter, can't wait to give it a good clay and polish! Like Ian and Rob said, they should buff out easy enough! :thumbsup:

Just think, if you had a Chili red yaris, you might never have noticed!! :lol:

Well red does go really well with dark blue.... so I might just keep them as a unique feature.... my spotty car! :lol:

But my idea is that maybe they were spraying something red at the dealership (I dunno if they do it there actually) and my car got caught by a few specks??

Who knows, but I'll work to get rid of them! :thumbsup:

Or maybe I should spray it Chilli Red? :lol:

Well red does go really well with dark blue.... so I might just keep them as a unique feature.... my spotty car! :lol:

Nah, it looks diseased, I wouldn't want my car anywhere near it in case it was contagious

Wash your mouth out for that remark! :o

TOC has never outlawed the naughty stick you know.... ;) :lol:

Hmm certainly makes it unique :lol:

See how it goes with the T-Cut, it did a good job on the Yaris T3 when I scraped it on the garage door in a moment of panic!

Also with something like that it could've happened anywhere so I doubt Toyota would take liability for it :thumbsup:

And when you've done Em, you can come and do mine where i touched up a few little chips! Needs a darn good buffing while you're in the mood hun!! :thumbsup: :P

And when you've done Em, you can come and do mine where i touched up a few little chips! Needs a darn good buffing while you're in the mood hun!! :thumbsup: :P

Hey - you havent cleaned my roof yet! :lol:

frankie had this on his car when he got it magnolia speckles everywhere, wasnt quite a paint effect against the red tho

Try polish first (Auto Glym) as T Cut is like liquid sand paper.

I went through a tin of blue paint that was on the road and had splashes up the door, the polish brought the blue paint off with no problem.

Cheers Jane, I'm sure Rich has some of that in the garage, will try that first and if no joy, I'll get some T-Cut! :thumbsup:

:lol: If I wanted a red car I'd have bought 1, I don't want my car catching Car Pox or Japanese Measels or something :bye:

I'd try polish, or clay before T-Cut.

T-Cut is evil stuff if your not too careful :P

sucks you have red paint splashed on there, I hate washing a car as you see all the latest scratches and stuff where other people haven't been careful :ffs:

Cool :P

Try polish first (Auto Glym) as T Cut is like liquid sand paper.

I went through a tin of blue paint that was on the road and had splashes up the door, the polish brought the blue paint off with no problem.

Yes indeed, T Cut is the Devil's care care product. Don't get me wrong, I once T Cutted an entire white car and the difference after waxing was stunning. Thing is though, in these days of micro thin paint sprayed on electrostatically, the paint is very thin. More to the point, your car is mica, it'll have an equally thin coat of clear lacquer over the colour and you don't want to go through it. Use the special T Cut (assuming you need it at all after trying polish) designed for metallic paints. It's much less abrasive.

T-Cut for metallic paints.... gotcha...

Bloody paint, more hassle than its worth! Oh well, I'll pick some up from Halfrauds and get cracking next weekend - and if that doesnt work.... I'll go for the total body Chilli Red re-spray! :lol::lol:

Yes young man - he who is tall enough to reach.... :lol::lol:

I'll buff yours if you clean my top half.... ;) :lol::lol:

I cleaned my own roof this morning :lol: Can't even see a join mark between the two sides!

Ah the joys of being 5"8 :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links