Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Speakers To My New Corolla!

Timo

I have ordered Phase Evolution CFS series (link below) kits to my car.

Both the 6.5" for the front and 4" rear.

I think I will install the tweeters rear aswell.

What do you guys think about that?? :rolleyes:

Hope it sounds much better :D

I'm going to try with the fitted headunit first. Then I'll see if I need a new one. Or a amplifier...

I will post some pictures of the install when I get the kits. :thumbsup:

http://www.phase-evolution.de/produkte.asp...w=serie〈=EN

Cheers!

you have of course checked that they will fit depth wise ?

the OEM headunit doesn't give out that much power... it think 30w was quoted somewhere.

you have of course checked that they will fit depth wise ?

the OEM headunit doesn't give out that much power... it think 30w was quoted somewhere.

Yes I bought some speaker adapters. If they don't fit I will make them fit! :thumbsup:

I guess I have to buy a amplifier too then. Someone who knows any that can be connected to the fitted headunit??

Or do I have to buy a new headunit to make it sound good?

It's no problem with that, just want the wheel controls working.

Just ordered a headunit fascia from USA that looks very good! :) It was $19.90 + shipping.

Does the headunit have build in crossovers for the Speakers?

Wondering that if I connect a aftermarket unit with a adapter, can I just connect the new Speakers to the fitted cables or do I have to place the new crossovers in between.

Maybe easiest way is to do a new allover installation, what do you think?

Thanks guys!! :D

the OEM headunit does not have an pre-outs.. so you should get a new headunit too.

i have just done this - headunit, sub, amp.

however i could find no wheel control adaptor for toyota corolla anywhere.

ok, did you install new cables or did you use prefitted ones?

kind of annoying that there's no adapter for corolla but for avensis 04-> :ffs:

but I guess someday I'll find one and buy it! then that problem is over. I guess the problem is in my head... :rolleyes:

thanks for your replies chenks! :thumbsup:

i haven't done anything with the original Speakers yet... but when i do i will just be using the existing cabling.

ripping out the side panels to get to the Speakers to just replace the cabling is just not worth the effort.

you dont need to have pre outs to run a sub, i am going to be wiring in 2 x 12 polk audio subs weighing (5.7 in total) all you do is convert speaker into phono and find a suitable power supply to run an amp

with the standard OEM headunit though.. it's fairly low power.

yer but the amps will boost the power so it will sound ok, might not sound as good as some aftermarket headunits but it won't be far off.

the main reason i want to use the original toyota headunit is because it shows me the average fuel etc

I think that most effective is the speaker replacement!

this is the first what I'd do. I don't want to remove origo headunit mostly because is is not attractive for thieves.

yer but the amps will boost the power so it will sound ok, might not sound as good as some aftermarket headunits but it won't be far off.

the main reason i want to use the original toyota headunit is because it shows me the average fuel etc

where would you connect the amp to on the OEM headunit ? there are no outputs on it to plug an amp into.

It is very easy to locate which cables are the speaker cables in the headunit adapter.

Then you take these high level outputs and connect them to a amp that has high level input! :thumbsup:

From amp, do what system you want.

I think I will fit the amp under the drivers seat and connect crossovers and Speakers to it.

I don't think Toyota has installed crossovers, just the tweeter to the midbass with a resistor.

That's why the prefitted tweeters "shouts"...

i tried to fit my amp under the seat.. but sadly there wasn't enough room.

well the amp would fit (just)... but the cables would have been close to where feet would be, therefore i didn't think it was a good idea.

There should be how do they connect the toyota amp if there is no output for it?

what toyota amp ?? i know toyota do a little active sub that goes under the seat, but if you have seen the spec of it.. it's little more than a "loudness" box.

OK, thats not good if you always touch the cables with your shoes in the backseat.

Have to find out a better place...

Yes, I guess that's a good (and easy) place to put it!

Doesn't the amp dislike when the subbass kicks hard on the amp?

Or is it build so strong that the components in the amp doesn't take damage?

I know many put it on the sub and it works just good, but in the end?

Thanks for support!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links