Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Fuel Pump

andy_moza

HI

JUST WANDERED IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM....ON THE WAY TO WORK TODAY MY POWER STERING FAILED, I PULLED OVER TURNED THE ENGINE ON AND OFF AND IT WAS FINE, THEN AFTER 30 SECS FAILED AGAIN. I MANAGED TO GET TO WORK AND PARK IN THE MULTI STORY, HOWEVER JUST AS I GOT INTO THE BAY THE CAR CUT OUT AND WHEN I RESTARTED IT, THE CAR WAS JUDDERING AS IF THERE WASNT ENOUGH FUEL GETTING THROUGH, EVEN THOUGH I HAD PLENTY.

ANYWAY.........RAC CAME AND WAS REALLY SUPRISED CAUSE YARIS' ARE EXTREMELY 'RELIABLE'. AFTER INVESTIGATING FOR 45MINS HE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE WAS NO LIVE FEED GOING TO THE FUEL PUMP MEANING NO FUEL WAS GETTING THROUGH. THEREFORE HE HAS HAD TO TOW MY CAR TO TOYOTA AND I HAVE LEFT IT THERE FOR THEM TO LOOK @ TOMORROW.

THE MECHANIC @ TOYOTA WAS FLUMOXED WHEN THE RAC BLOKE WAS EXPLAINING IT TO HIM, AND SAID THAT IT WILL NEED A PROPER GOING OVER.

SO......HAS ANYONE ELSE SUFFERED A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THEIR YARIS...POWER STEERING AND FUEL PUMP FAILING???

PLEASE GIVE ME INFO!!!

THANKS

ANDY

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Not heard any problems like that before, what reg and how many miles have you done in your yaris?

Hopefully Mr T can sort it out for you - hopefully not to expensive either*!

*But we know that's not going to happen :(

BTW next time can you take the 'caps lock' off as writing in capitals is used for shouting.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 years later...

when I open cap fuel tank I hear air high pressure,  and the canister collects gasoline not vapor then send it to vsv solenoid.
anybody help me, please

I changed the canister, vsv, cap fuel tank but still the problem there.

my car is Toyota Yaris 2007 162000 km

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links