Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easter Clean

chatman

As the weather is improving of late... gave the RAV a nice clean....

(well until it rains again) :angry:

53ca6c4a.jpg

B) B) B) B) B)

Well done, :thumbsup: nice shine you've got there.

What products do you use?

Turtle Wax carwash (green bottle)

Supagard Polish

ArmourAll Wheel gel (good stuff, comes with small aplication sponge)

As it goes ,i done the same thing :) , ( sorry no photo's ), i was given a polishing buffer for christmas and this was the first time i've used it.....what a great tool :eek: , no more elbow grease, just put the polish on the mop head and switch it on, absolutely effortless to use and quick ( so unusual to get a useful christmas present :D ),it was so quick i went on to do my VW transporter van afterwards :thumbsup:

car_portal_pic_20624_t.jpg

Jitsu,

Where did you get the rear chrome tail pipes from... Been after one for my RAV

Exhaust on mine is big though and all the one's I find are not big enough to fit the end.... :blink:

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Chatman, the Tailpipes I found by accident after searching everywhere for them :) (I did find one in Halfords but no way would I pay £36 for it!) .

I came across a small Car Accessory shop about 12 miles away from me and he had a rack full of them ranging in price from £3.00-£10.00 in slash cut and straight cut types. The ones that fitted my RAVs were £5.95 each.

If you let me know the size of your Pipe I'll try and pick one up for you ;)

And another one for jitsu!

How do you keep that side plastic looking so nice on your Ravs? Mine is starting to fade, and i've tried black trim wax, but obviously it don't work properly cause it aint black!

Cheers!

Like yours Chatman! I fancy a Mk2 when I can afford it, especially in that colour!

That's easy Stuart :) ,Halfords EXTERIOR trim Spray (£3.99 for a large Spray Can). Spray it on and wipe it around with a cloth. It leaves an almost greasy finish on the Panels but it does last and looks alot better than faded Grey Panels.

Cheers, Andy.

And another one for jitsu!

How do you keep that side plastic looking so nice on your Ravs? Mine is starting to fade, and i've tried black trim wax, but obviously it don't work properly cause it aint black!

Cheers!

Like yours Chatman! I fancy a Mk2 when I can afford it, especially in that colour!

Stuart, I use Mer trim gel on my side mouldings.. Again it leaves a grease type layer but dries and makes them look great...

Parked up next to a three door GX model, same colour as mine today... Looked good in the sun B) B) B)

• 1 month later...

Well look what all our cleanings done to the Weather!,!Removed! Rain and Wind :(

Bob,where did you get your Polisher from??,I quite fancy getting one of those.

Cheers, Andy.

Well look what all our cleanings done to the Weather!,!Removed! Rain and Wind :(

Cheers, Andy.

Andy i've had a word with the wife and she said it came from Argos :D.

Its marketed by the RAC ,part number MVO11, see this Autoexpress test.....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/...st_buffers.html

Cheers, Andy.

Nice and sunny last night coming home from work...managed to cut grass forest and clean RAV and wifes car but this morning was like driving through the Amazon, now RAV looks like It had taken part in the trek challenge, good fun though watching every one dodge the big puddles and me going through them :drool::drool: :D floods every where and all the puddles joining up to make rivers down the roads.....

It's what a Bank Holiday is all about....Spending time indoors homing my skills on the xbox360 & PGR3 B) B)

There's certainly nothing like giving the car a good clean to absolutely guarantee an unseasonal shower!

I have ordered the Electric buffer that Autoexpress rate as being the best, from this seller

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/

It costs £27+ £5 shipping.

I'll let everybody know if it is as good as Autotrader claim!

....when it stops raining that is!!

:)

There's certainly nothing like giving the car a good clean to absolutely guarantee an unseasonal shower!

I have ordered the Electric buffer that Autoexpress rate as being the best, from this seller

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/

It costs £27+ £5 shipping.

I'll let everybody know if it is as good as Autotrader claim!

....when it stops raining that is!!

:)

Well if the Cosmo one was better than the RAC model because it had more power, you should have plenty of Battery power in reserve.

I done my 3 door RAV4, and my VW T5 Transporter van all on one Battery :thumbsup:

Thanks Gents.

I'm spoilt for choice now and dont know what to buy! :lol:

I've just bought another 4x4 (not a Toyota though :( ) so some Polishing will be needed soon no doubt :)

.....well it finally stopped raining - and what a glorious day we enjoyed in North Kent on Saturday!

Gave me an excellent opportunity to give the RAV its first wax and polish with the new Cosmo gizmo.

Happy to report that it worked a treat - very nice shine in a matter of minutes.

My only 2 reservations -

1) you need to keep your finger firmly pressed on the trigger whilst using the polisher/buffer, otherwise it cuts out. There is no provision for continuous operation, like an electric drill for example.

2) it is quite noisy for a relatively small device

.....but plenty of power and a full recharge takes just 5 hours.

All-in-all; quite impressive.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links