Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Distributor For Gti Needed!

vanillaice

cant you buy 1 from a normal spares place, i bought 1 from from Nyanza in coventry, oscotts here also sell it

Are you talking about the cap or the distributor itself? I'm talking about the distributor.

If you are too, are new ones expensive?

Cheers,

ICE

Are you talking about the cap or the distributor itself? I'm talking about the distributor.

Cheers,

ICE

Hell they aint cheap.. £268.56+vat 19100-16250..

BoB

Cheers,

ICE

Hell they aint cheap.. £268.56+vat 19100-16250..

BoB

Hell they aint cheap!!!

Might have sourced one locally for £50.

Thanks for the price tho BoB.

I'll let you know how I get on!

ICE

Different distributor didn't help - unless it's a duff aswell, but i doubt it.

What else could be causing the firing to be all over the place? It's as if the rev limiter has been set to 1000rpm. As soon as you rev the engine stalls? :ffs:

Cheers,

ICE

Check HT leads, coil, map sensor to start with.

Ht leads are magnecor and were replaced around Nov '05 so I doubt they are at fault.

I'm trying to locate a coil.

Not sure what to do about the MAP sensor at the moment.

Cheers,

ICE

coud be a dodgy connection on the dizzy as this is where the ecu gets it reference from for crank position. inspect all the wiring round the plug as they can go brittle

coud be a dodgy connection on the dizzy as this is where the ecu gets it reference from for crank position. inspect all the wiring round the plug as they can go brittle

Cheers matey, i'll give it a try.

ICE

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

I just spoke to fensport (been waiting for Gold card beofre buying a second hand coil and map sensor from them) and they doubt that its the coil.

They suggest that I get it to a garage that can read the fault codes, or even my local dealer.

Thats sounds expensive! :o Should it be?

Cheers,

ICE

is it a 4age i have spares if required

u can get a fault finder on eBay for £15 at least then u can check it yourself

is it a 4age i have spares if required

u can get a fault finder on ebay for £15 at least then u can check it yourself

Cheers sparco_blues,

Have just bought one off eBay - hope it works!

I'll let you know if I need spares.

Cheers,

ICE

IT'S ALIVE!

Fault tester brought up 3 errors! Ignition, Air temp and MAP.

Did a bit of poking around under the bonnet and a wire into the MAP sensor had snapped (fatigued I guess). Had to cut all 3 wire and replaced the ends with crimp on connectors. Took it for a blast and all seems in order. Will try and make the repair more permanent at a later date.

When I get it home I will look into the other 2 errors, hopefully they are just knock on's from the MAP.

Thanks for all the advice lads, you've been much more helpful than Fensport :censor:

Cheers,

ICE

exellent news dude. i have seen this type of fault beforeand they can be very hard to find. glad shes sorted. send me a pic of the plug in question (detailed if poss) and ill see if i have a spare on some old looms i have. toyota tend to use generic plugs so there is a fair chance

exellent news dude. i have seen this type of fault beforeand they can be very hard to find. glad shes sorted. send me a pic of the plug in question (detailed if poss) and ill see if i have a spare on some old looms i have. toyota tend to use generic plugs so there is a fair chance

Cheers matey. I think I will need to do something more permanent as when I got home (7 mile trip) I checked the new connectors I'd put on, they'd started to work themselves loose again. I don't think it's a major problem, but will need looking into for the long term. I will try and PM you details and pictures of the plug over the weekend.

Sure felt good driving her again :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Cheers,

ICE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links