Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nokia Ck-7w Kit On 04 Corolla

Jonathan Lynch

Could anyone tell me where to locate a power source to hook the phone kit up to in the corolla ?

I was rooting around behind the dash and noticed a free connector and a lot of cables to the airbag unit.

Does anyone know what this connector is for and if it can be used ?

Also I was wondering how to set up the mute facility to my radio. It says 58807 on the front of the radio and is

made by Matsushlta and has a model number of 86120-1A180

Photos of the radio: back, top and front

any help is appreciated

Jonathan

• 4 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me where to locate a power source to hook the phone kit up to in the corolla ?

Hi,

here is all the info you need. For power you just have to connect the handsfree kit to the existing cables (12V, ACC, GROUND). If you have a CD Changer, it is the same for tel mute. if not, just connect somehow to the terminal at the headunit.

back

Just got that sorted. Bought a telemute cable by autoleads from carcommunications which allowed me to connect the radio power cables into the telemute box and then from the telemute box it provided a power connection for the phone kit and the lead to go into the back of the radio. Its a more expensive solution but is easier to fit.

It routes the sound of the car kit through the radio and also mutes the radio on incoming calls.

www.dashmount.co.uk do leads that i have used in both my yaris'

Plug and go, unplug the radio leads, plug the carkit in, plug the whole lot together and it mutes the radio, puts the sound through the Speakers and draws power without cutting a wire

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links