Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dension Ipod Link

keithb62

Hi

I'm new to the site but a proud owner of a Yaris T3 which I've had for a few months.

Anyway I want to use my ipod in the car through the factory fitted head unit and as far as I can see I've got two options. I can either get a lead which connects to the port which would be used for a cd multichanger (my dealer tells me my car has this facility) or I can get Halfords to fit a Dension unit for £100.

Any help or advice as to which option is best, cost doesn't matter, and which will give the beat sound.

Thanks and now I've found the TOC site I will return regularly

Keith

The ice-Link uses the port for the cd changer!.

I bought the Dension ice-Link plus and are very pleased with it.

It charges the iPod and you dont need any lose cabels.

Cheers Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know of any other way to link the ipod apart from a wireless transmitter.

My sister just got a Connects 2 kit installed in her Yaris, connects to CD Changer output on standard headunit, cost about £55, quality is amazing! Use search to find it - there is lots about it. Fairly easy to install yourself, just follow the instructions for replacing the headunit to see how to get your dash apart.

My sister just got a Connects 2 kit installed in her Yaris, connects to CD Changer output on standard headunit, cost about £55, quality is amazing! Use search to find it - there is lots about it. Fairly easy to install yourself, just follow the instructions for replacing the headunit to see how to get your dash apart.

Hi Just wondering where your sister bought the Connects 2 kit for that price?

I bought the Denson kit for my GF and to be honest, it hasnt been that good. Every now and again i have had to disconnect and reconnect the kit from the back ofthe radio because it fails to reconise the iPod.

Got it from - Here.

They were out of stock, but ordered it in, took about 4 working days from order to delivery?

HTH :thumbsup:

Got it from - Here.

They were out of stock, but ordered it in, took about 4 working days from order to delivery?

HTH :thumbsup:

Not what i was expecting as that is just a std aux input and will not control the ipod like this one

Here.

I thought that the price was too good to be true!

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

FA you said

"I bought the Denson kit for my GF and to be honest, it hasnt been that good. Every now and again i have had to disconnect and reconnect the kit from the back ofthe radio because it fails to reconise the iPod."

Did you fit it yourself or was it done "professionally"?

I know Halfords do a supply and fit for £99 but I don't know if they are any good.

Anyone had experience of Halfords? Good or bad

Cheers

Ah sorry f.a., didn't realise you wanted something which controlled the iPod.

But, its not too bad to just keep the iPod in a cupholder or something and just control it like that, besides which, make a playlist for when you are driving, and sorted.

FA you said

"I bought the Denson kit for my GF and to be honest, it hasnt been that good. Every now and again i have had to disconnect and reconnect the kit from the back ofthe radio because it fails to reconise the iPod."

Did you fit it yourself or was it done "professionally"?

I know Halfords do a supply and fit for £99 but I don't know if they are any good.

Anyone had experience of Halfords? Good or bad

Cheers

Hi

I fitted it myself. Its a really easy job to do once you have removed the centre console. All you have to do is take out the plug in to the cd player, replace that with the dension plug then plug the plug which went into the cd player into the wiring harness that comes with the dension. So you cant really go wrong.

I have sent an email to dension about the problem i am having, so hopefully they will reply soon

Do you have the ice-link or the ice-link plus? Make sure if you have the ice-link plus to have the new firmware and that the iPod has the latest update aswell. This should take care of the problems...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links