Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Headlight Seals

edamduke

Hey all,

I've fixed those so**ing seals around the outer headlamps. If your prepared to take the units out to do it you can do a good job of it and they should never come loose again.

e9117af4c1937b9bc738b506cbde6869.jpg

I began by removing the bumper which was a bit tricky to get off. (make sure you have a bung ready (or a biro :lol: ) to block the headlamp washer jets) Then unbolt the headlamps, remove and clean up the rubbers and the lights.

b749dd35c38c3adaa1cfb804219dba4c.jpg

I then put a beading of clear silicone sealant around the edge of the glass with intermittent gaps for hot melt glue gun glue to hold it instantaneously while the 48hr silicone dried. I also used the 4 metal clips to secure the rubber where possible. Put it all back together and it all worked a treat! :D

It's definitely worth it if you have the time.

Ben

Good Job , well done :D

or as i did just pull the rubber out , coat it in silicone sealant and put them back in ! saves a lot of f**king about tbh :)

Good Job , well done :D

or as i did just pull the rubber out , coat it in silicone sealant and put them back in ! saves a lot of f**king about tbh :)

exactly. super glue is as good as owt !!

if you go to that much bother, buy new rubbers and put all the clips back on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links