Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Warning Light - 51 Plate Rav4

malcolmrs2000

Light came on tonight on wife's RAV4. Car seems to be running fine. All manual says is take to Toyota dealer....any ideas??

Light came on tonight on wife's RAV4. Car seems to be running fine. All manual says is take to Toyota dealer....any ideas??

It is the only way to find out what error code is in the ECU that made the sevice light come on. Most Toyota garages have quick service centres so you can drive in and get them to check it out....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is the only way to find out what error code is in the ECU that made the sevice light come on. Most Toyota garages have quick service centres so you can drive in and get them to check it out....

Thanks.....nearest one is 30 odd miles away!! :crybaby:

Thanks.....nearest one is 30 odd miles away!! :crybaby:

You could try calling other nearer garages to see if they can plug there dianog tools into Toyota's ECU, but I found most cant read the software :ffs: so had to use Mr T....

My light came on earlier in the year, i booked it in at Toyota but a few days later the light went back out, I cancelled the appointment and the light never came back on again :rolleyes: .

recently i've had the vehicle serviced and asked them to check the fault codes....not fault found or recorded ;) !.

The oxygen sensors on the catalytic converter can get dirty, your problem could well fix itself, the trouble is the engine management light covers several different engine faults, so for piece of mind, get you dealer to check it over :thumbsup: ..

My light came on earlier in the year, i booked it in at Toyota but a few days later the light went back out, I cancelled the appointment and the light never came back on again :rolleyes: .

recently i've had the vehicle serviced and asked them to check the fault codes....not fault found or recorded ;) !.

The oxygen sensors on the catalytic converter can get dirty, your problem could well fix itself, the trouble is the engine management light covers several different engine faults, so for piece of mind, get you dealer to check it over :thumbsup: ..

Booked in for tomorrow and they are picking it up and dropping it off....£40 to run it through the fault checker..plus whatever they find wrong!!

Fingers crossed they find something :unsure: :) .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links