Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall Of Corolla?

orangezorki

Hi,

Long time no post, but I wondered if any of you had seen about the recall of recent Corollas, built up to the end of last year. Here's a link:

http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=222570

The Prius is affected as well - there's a thread in that section.

So have any of you got a letter about the recall, or had the work done? It's a steering issue, which apparently isn't that bad, but it is the steering...

David

FWIW - I called Toyota UK this afternoon, and first they didn't know what I was going on about, then they said that the recall does go up to the end of '05 for the Avensis, but ends in '04 for the Corolla. So, that's me out of the equation, but others with slightly older ones might want to search further.

David

My sister had her 02' Corolla T3 estate steering rack thing done today - they gave her a bottle of champagne for the trouble....

She got the letter by recorded delivery about 2 weeks ago, not had any letters regarding mine.

My sister had her 02' Corolla T3 estate steering rack thing done today - they gave her a bottle of champagne for the trouble....

She got the letter by recorded delivery about 2 weeks ago, not had any letters regarding mine.

Me neither and mine's an 04 :huh:

Mine going in again on monday so i'll ask then :thumbsup: !

Needs to have the steering wheel re-aligned anyway :rolleyes: !

You got anymore info/some official?

they gave her a bottle of champagne for the trouble....

My previous T-Sport had a recall a few years back and I got a bottle as well :thumbsup:

You don't mind those recalls :lol:

Hi All

If your car is in the affected chassis range you will get a letter calling you in for a check. This is the same steering shaft check as the Prius. See the Prius steering recall thread for full details. Regards Ray

I bought my 03 CTS second hand from my (inconveniently located) local dealer about 10 months ago, am I likely to get a letter from them or shall I just phone up and hassle them?

More info here: Linky

You might need to do a new search for Corolla, but it's listed on there with all the details such as VIN numbers etc :thumbsup: !

Vehicle Id :

SB1#R5#L#0E001005 to SB1#R5#L#0E145507

JTDKB2#U#03000017 to JTDKB2#U#03139876

JTD#X2#E#03000010 to JTD#X2#E#03005194

JTDKB2#U#00001083 to JTDKB2#U#00133153

JTD#Z2#E#00002615 to JTD#Z2#E#00016809

JTDKB2#U#07000039 to JTDKB2#U#07059085

Mines not listed so it must be okay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links