Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Ingress

Simonmac

I am really pleased with my new Aygo Black so far. It's doing exactly as it said on the tin.

However, Two weeks ago after a considerable amount of heavy rain the night before I noticed the carpet in :crybaby: the footwell behind the passenger seat was saturated.

I have taken it to Toyota in Newport and after a strip out and 'days water test' they say there is nothing getting in!!!

Has any one else had this problem?

I'll wait for the bad weather now I guess and hope they are right and well I dunno, I'm 99.9% sure that the windows and doors were all shut!!

ATTENTION My car has now been in twice since this, first time they replaced the door seals, (It took them 19 days to do this !!!) It is now in for the third time, (15 days so far)- They agree that water is getting in but cannot find out where!!!) I'm starting to get a bit worried now as dealership have asked Head office whjo have exhausted known possibilities on where to check next)

My 18 week old car has been in the garage with a floor full of water for 6 of them.!!

I am really pleased with my new Aygo Black so far. It's doing exactly as it said on the tin.

However, Two weeks ago after a considerable amount of heavy rain the night before I noticed the carpet in :crybaby: the footwell behind the passenger seat was saturated.

I have taken it to Toyota in Newport and after a strip out and 'days water test' they say there is nothing getting in!!!

I'll wait for the bad weather now I guess and hope they are right and well I dunno, I'm 99.9% sure that the windows and doors were all shut!!

Just take it for a jet wash and see if any water gets in. If its a 5 door then you might have left the back window uncliped shut properly.

I don't have an Aygo but there will be drain holes under the car. These can get sometimes get filled with mud and after it has dried it blocks them keeping any water that has got in from draining.

Mr T would have checked this (I hope!). You should still be able to check yourself pretty soon as the winter weather seems to be upon us but don't be afraid to pester them if not happy. It is under warranty after all. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. You are not alone with leaky Aygo! I thought I was the only one. I got my 5 door Aygo in Dec last year. The 1st time the leak was in the boot. Took it to the dealer, got it back the next day apparently fixed. Then a week later, another downpour and the boot and the back passenger seats were totally wet. There is now permanent water damage to my back passenger seat! Took it back to the dealer again - took them 2 days before they found the leak and fixed that. I had to take the car back again the next day to get my parking sensors put right after the repair to the leak! :crybaby:

Over the weekend, another heavy downpour and now the leaks are found streaming in both the back windows!! The passenger wing mirror doesn't go and the A/C on/off switch sometimes doesn't work! What next???? I am losing faith in the Toyota brand. I bought the car new thinking that this kind of problems would not exists but I guess I was wrong! :(

If there are more people with this experience please put it on this forum. I was told by the dealer that I was the only one with a leaky Aygo!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

New to this, as we have just bought a six month old Aygo last week, and at the weekend put the tailgate up, after the wife complaining of a damp smell, and found the rear carpet wet on the righthand side and where the spare wheel sits was like a mini swimming pool, I dried it all out and it hasn't rained lately so I don't know where the water ever came in!!!

If it happens again it will be going straight back to Toyota

Hi ,

I have a 5 door Aygo plus registered in My 06.

In relation to water ingress,I have just found my rear offside footwell soaked through.

I have noticed small amounts of water coming through the pop out windows at the rear but not to the extent that would soak the floor.

Any ideas on cause?

I will contact Toyota over the holidays to express my disappointment with the brand.

Goodness knows what reaction i will get from them?

I have had Hondas for many years and fear i should have stuck with them,

Cheers

Paul

Hi ,

I have a 5 door Aygo plus registered in My 06.

In relation to water ingress,I have just found my rear offside footwell soaked through.

I have noticed small amounts of water coming through the pop out windows at the rear but not to the extent that would soak the floor.

Any ideas on cause?

I will contact Toyota over the holidays to express my disappointment with the brand.

Goodness knows what reaction i will get from them?

I have had Hondas for many years and fear i should have stuck with them,

Cheers

Paul

They'll probably just replace the window seal, just a few things, is the window shut so that it clicks shut fully and also does the hinge that shuts the window feel as strong as the other side, if not, that could possibly at fault. My car was wet on the offside and all in the spare wheel area, traced a small leak running in from the rear of the car just behind the side/rear carpet trim, it then goes into a double skinned seam and out somewhere behind the rear bumper, booked in for the 5th January I'll post the outcome.

Might be worth looking there just in case.

Paul

Paul ,

Thanks for your post.

I believe the hinges are pretty slack and have always thought so,this may well be a factor.

I am booked in for the 8th January.

I may well lift the carpet and have a look myself,

Pretty poor whichever way you look at it,between the water leak and the annoying click when the clutch is depressed.

Cheers

Paul

Paul ,

Thanks for your post.

I believe the hinges are pretty slack and have always thought so,this may well be a factor.

Pretty poor whichever way you look at it,between the water leak and the annoying click when the clutch is depressed.

Cheers

Paul

Finally, after pouring about eight pints of water over the back of the car, I've found the leak into the boot (both sides) behind the rear bumper each side has a large vent/clip which you can just see through a hole on the inner back panel, if you remove the two side carpet trim parts. Put the tailgate up, and pour water straight over the rear lamp, and then shine a torch through the small hole on the inner rear panel, the leak is visible!!

Took me time, but I got there in the end, so if anybody else has a swimming pool where the spare wheel sits, check out behind the rear bumper through the small hole on the rear panel. :yahoo:

Well found........although it's a shame you had to look in the first place really !

It will be interesting to see if there's an official fix brought up in light of this problem.

Well found........although it's a shame you had to look in the first place really !

It will be interesting to see if there's an official fix brought up in light of this problem.

Thanks Matey, spoke to Toyota today and they said that they hadn't had any complaints of water leaks into the Aygo, and that I was the first as with the security issues(different discussion), so I told them about this website forum, they didn't seem that impressed, but at least they were polite :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem (water through rear light), and I only noticed it quite late (already a swimming pool). It really had me baffled, but finally, me and an bottle of water found the leak, and had it fixed by the dealer in no time (took a Yaris for a day for free, to travel back and from work).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. You are not alone with leaky Aygo! I thought I was the only one. I got my 5 door Aygo in Dec last year. The 1st time the leak was in the boot. Took it to the dealer, got it back the next day apparently fixed. Then a week later, another downpour and the boot and the back passenger seats were totally wet. There is now permanent water damage to my back passenger seat! Took it back to the dealer again - took them 2 days before they found the leak and fixed that. I had to take the car back again the next day to get my parking sensors put right after the repair to the leak! :crybaby:

Over the weekend, another heavy downpour and now the leaks are found streaming in both the back windows!! The passenger wing mirror doesn't go and the A/C on/off switch sometimes doesn't work! What next???? I am losing faith in the Toyota brand. I bought the car new thinking that this kind of problems would not exists but I guess I was wrong! :(

If there are more people with this experience please put it on this forum. I was told by the dealer that I was the only one with a leaky Aygo!

Hey, believe me your not the only one. My aygo has had water getting into the boot and the rear passenger footwell since I bought it eleven months ago. Dealer has had it in six times to try and fix, has apparently replaced all the seals and water damaged carpets and still its getting in. They also said they had other clients with 06 models with the same complaint and toyota gb said they are aware of the design fault and will issue a fix at some point, but apparently we all just have to wait and leave our cars to suffer increasing amounts of damage. :angry:

Hey, believe me your not the only one. My aygo has had water getting into the boot and the rear passenger footwell since I bought it eleven months ago. Dealer has had it in six times to try and fix, has apparently replaced all the seals and water damaged carpets and still its getting in. They also said they had other clients with 06 models with the same complaint and toyota gb said they are aware of the design fault and will issue a fix at some point, but apparently we all just have to wait and leave our cars to suffer increasing amounts of damage. :angry:

I had this leak into the rear boot, if you read above I found the leak to be the two vents behind the rear bumper, you can go to the fitment instructions for the parking sensors print the picture off where it shows where they are meant to thread the wire through, and show the dealer what part is leaking, I did this and they sealed it and fixed it.

see link

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61715

good luck

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently noticed wetness in the rear passenger footwell of my March 2006 Aygo+ 3 door. I picked up the road atlas which was lying there to find it soaked and mouldy! Anyway, it's off to Toyota in Newport (South Wales) on Friday so I'll let you know how I get on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, problem is all sorted now with no questions asked. They've replaced the seal for the boot, and recent heavy rain has brought no more problems. Sorry to be so boring!

• 5 weeks later...

I have just given my brand new 07 Aygo, delivered two weeks ago, its first wash with plenty of water. I hosed it down for a good half an hour including a several prolonged jets of water straight into and near the door cracks etc.

I had been worried by the reports of leaks, but I was pleased to see that there was no evidence of water ingress inside. Hopefully the problem is sorted on the new cars. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

The window in my Aygo black reattled when I got it. This was more evidant at high speed. It was the drivers window in this case. They were able to fix it.

ATTENTION My car has now been in twice since this, first time they replaced the door seals, (It took them 19 days to do this !!!) It is now in for the third time, (15 days so far)- They agree that water is getting in but cannot find out where!!!) I'm starting to get a bit worried now as dealership have asked Head office whjo have exhausted known possibilities on where to check next)

My 18 week old car has been in the garage with a floor full of water for 6 of them.!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone suffered water ingress in cars supplied since May this year?

Toyota Service Bulletin B-7014 dated Apr 2007 would suggest that they've resolved the issue by 'optimizing' assembly of the suspect vents.

• 1 month later...

Toyota Service Bulletin B-7014 dated Apr 2007 would suggest that they've resolved the issue by 'optimizing' assembly of the suspect vents.

any solution found for the leaky Aygo? mine leaks a lot trhough the rubber seals i guess, it has gone back and forth around 10 times now - with no success....

cheers

Paul ,

Thanks for your post.

Cheers

Paul

Finally, after pouring about eight pints of water over the back of the car, I've found the leak into the boot (both sides) behind the rear bumper each side has a large vent/clip which you can just see through a hole on the inner back panel, if you remove the two side carpet trim parts. Put the tailgate up, and pour water straight over the rear lamp, and then shine a torch through the small hole on the inner rear panel, the leak is visible!!

Took me time, but I got there in the end, so if anybody else has a swimming pool where the spare wheel sits, check out behind the rear bumper through the small hole on the rear panel. :yahoo:

Well done - its a known problem with the aygo's . According to TGN Technical "We are currently looking into this matter, please await and update via TOTTS!"

Wkd

• 2 weeks later...

any solution found for the leaky Aygo? mine leaks a lot trhough the rubber seals i guess, it has gone back and forth around 10 times now - with no success....

cheers

I've just bought a 56 ex demo aygo sport. Great car does everything but is also leaking. Passenger side door underneath is leaking. Seals replaced but still leaking. Another seal has now been put on. I'm now waiting for the next down pour. If it leaks it'll be going back and replaced with a Yaris. Not good on a car that costs a fair amount! Dealer says they've had a lot in. The service is good but the car is starting to lose credibility. They say it's because the parts need to be 70% european because of the Czech factory site. There may be quality issues.http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_e...ault/unsure.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I am from Denmark, Copenhagen so you must excuse my bad english ;) I bought an Aygo last year in september. I discovered water problems on the floor at the passengers side, in the front. I had my Aygo at the dealer 4 (four!) times where they changed the door seals. But it was still leaky. The last time they told me that they had these special and new seals which were also brider so that the problem will now be resolved. But... two days ago it was raining the whole day and the floor in the passenger side is again leaky, a little bit less but leaky anyway. I am getting desperate because they don't seem to have any solution for that problem. Do anybody knows if this problem only occur in 2006 models? I have a colleague who has a Peugeot 107 and she also had problems with water on the floor at rear but these were resolved when they changed the seals. Do I have to get used to water inside my Aygo forever ?? :o

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Now we have established there IS a leaking problem.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue through their local dealer (without loading the car with silicon!!!)

I appreciate your response asap

Thank you all for your support

All,

Now we have established there IS a leaking problem.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue through their local dealer (without loading the car with silicon!!!)

I appreciate your response asap

Thank you all for your support

Oh God! What have I done?

Just bought a 55 plate Aygo sport and have noticed a damp smell. During heavy rain the other day I actually saw water dripping down from both front doors - about in-line with the door handles. It turned out the rubber door seals were kinked and were replaced with no quibbles at my local dealership. They also adjusted the front passenger door to make a tighter fit against the seal. Don't know if it has cured the problem though.

Haven't dared to feel the carpet in the rear foot wells yet - or look in the spare wheel well!

I trust that the dealership will sort any water ingress problems out - and I'm glad for the tips you guys have given me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links