Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Future Scottish Meets....

cfc1

Ok.. 1st of all, i know it's a bit rich coming from someone who hardly manages to make them... but, i have to work at weekends. This is where planning ahead can help.

If we can organise a set day for each month, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday.. whatever, then that way we all know when a meet is coming up, this way I personally have time to arrange swapping my day off work so I can attend.. I would suggest a Sunday, the roads are quieter, most people are off work, and its the easiest day for me to swap :lol:

Lets here your suggestions or ideas... lets get the Scottish meets something to be proud of, something one or two of the Car Magazines might be interested in covering again.

ideas..

1. Last Sunday of each month

Edit: It doesn't have to be EVERY month.. even every 2nd month.. and also.. if anyone has a "mini meet" organised.. could it be worth posting about it?.. maybe others can turn up.. as long as the mini meet isn't of a private/personal nature, there would be no harm in it... just a thought.

No-one has any money left on the last Sunday of the month! Therefore I'll go for the 1st Sunday of the month! :thumbsup:

No-one has any money left on the last Sunday of the month! Therefore I'll go for the 1st Sunday of the month! :thumbsup:

I'll second that - better at the begining of the month than the end , but working where i do getting a sunday off isnt very easy :( early shifts are possible for later meets thou , although i dont expect the day to be changed cause i cant make a sunday :thumbsup:

We could even have a toyotaownerclub at the cruise.. kind of thing.. local cruises???

Yeah... it would be better if it was a set d ay of every month.

Every 1st Sunday would be ok. I wouldn't be able to make every meet as I work every second weekend, so some sundays would fall in my weekend in.

But it seems like a plan anyway!!

me and mikey are always up at falkirk cruise on 1st thursday of every month... not sure if anyone else from here actually goes to that aswell??

East Kilbride cruise is the 16th November - I shall more than likely be at this, there usually is an EK cruise every month or 2nd month...

Glasgow cruise - is held once in a blue moon... but defo the best one in my opinion :)

to be honest guys... a sunday sounds as though it doesn't suit half the crowd which makes it rather pointless in my opinion! would be better picking another day, where more are likely to attend??

Right... what's going to happen here is that everyone is going to say that there's a date/day that won't suit them and there will be no conclusion (sorry, just working from experience).

I will try and fit in with whatever's decided and will do my damnedest to be there.

A

Tbh i dont wanna start hanging about "cruise's" cause to me thats just not fun , meeting some TOC'ers and actually doing something is more appealing . Alans right not everyday is going to suit everyone , in fact most days won suit most ! We just need some time to sort shifts and make free time .

Thats the whole point of setting a regular time/day.. people can organise their time and could possibly make the meets more often.

Andie.. as i said, i have to work every weekend ans its not possible to swap shifts at the last minute.. so if we have a regular monthly type thing, then i can at least attend some of them.

The venues and activities can be an influence too.. Carting for instance isn't that expensive if you are single and attending yourself.. but if you are part of a couple with kids.. then it can be a lot of money... even if kids only get ice cream and watch (wouldn't want them giving the TOCers a showing up you know) :lol:

okay okay... fair point...

now putting the kids against us lot... now that sounds like a challenge!! :lol:

off topic... how many kids you got? what ages are they?

3 kids.. all boys.. 15, 13 and 10.

All for sale at a good price... house trained and err... errr.. errrr.. *runs away*

oooo you've been busy!!! 3 boys... all at competive stage i imagine... i take back inviting them to compete against us... i think we would lose!! lol

Leave the kids at home Davy, you gonna bring them to the night out in the city?? lol

Sounds like you guys need to arrange a week night thing.

Doesn't need to be a cruise or anything, just meeting in a pub or something for a catch up would be good

and it gives you all a better chance to arrange other events like karting etc.

st185 are nice, i'm sure there's one that kicks about town sometimes!

oh and yeah, folks from down south coming up.... now that would be cool!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links