Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jemca Toyota In Colindale

campioni06

My girlfriends MR2 now been there for a month.

Changed 1 oxygen sensor

Changed another oxygen sensor

Then engine starts making rattling noise

4 different technicians say nothing wrong

5th technician says leave it here I'll road test it

3 weeks later car has only covered 1 further mile !!

Technician then says you need a new engine (fortunately under warranty)

Complain to manager last week.

Call to speak to him yesterday and he "left" on Friday.

Meanwhile 4 weeks later still no car, still no new engine.

Great cars s**t service.

Any ideas what to do, who to turn to??? :help:

Oh and...DO NOT take your car to Jemca in Colindale, bunch of cowboys.

maybe they are waiting until the car goes out of warranty so they dont have to replace the engine :)

i would firstly get it in writing that your car needs a new engine and it is covered under warranty

BBC watchdog and rogue traders and a video camera in reception and send a copy of video to whatcar mag

have you spoke to toyota uk and toyota japan

toyota japan do notlike the bad press

its simple maths why pay for adverts when a customer will do more if pleased

i would go in on saturday and tell any potential customers about your problem and i bet the new car and used car sales manager will try and help you out

xmas is quiet for sales and with another 0.25 % inc base ratedue in feb and 0.25 in april

SHOUT OUT LOUD ABOUT THE BAD SERVICE

Did the shouting in the showroom two saturdays ago, and as you say suddenly the never previously available manager popped his head out and invited us to his upstairs office.

Part 2 will be tomorrow when we go back to supposedly pick the car up and see what compensation they're giving us. My mobile phone will be set to video-record mode B)

Have spoken to Toyota UK and they havent done much, they say as its a Jemca garage not a pure Toyota garage. Looks like might be Toyota Japan next stop. Shall let you know, cheers.

take a pocket recorder from argos money well spent and inform the manager tou are keeping records

this means you can use the tape in court if you have to !!!!!

email toyota japan they are more interested than toyota uk

I tried to tape the conversation with my mobile phone but hasnt come out too good.

The manager was very much on the front foot and tried convincing us they'd done everything right BUT...he's never taken written consent for the new engine to be fitted. Called AON today and they've never been contacted re changing the engine so now we're getting a litigation team involved, and also as you suggested Toyota Japan. We've had too many lies from them and its been going on too long. Theyre definitely trying to cover something up that theyve done wrong.

I had a faulty 1.4 vvt-i corolla engine, theres posts in the avensis forums and corolla ones so i wont bore you with small talk. Anyway when the car went to have engine changed toyota admitted my engine was at fault, so they changed the whole unit. 1000 miles later that engine let go due to the keyway being over torqued. So i understand how poor toyota's dealerships are, great cars very poor service, i've found them worse than mg-rover customer service. I've had another toyota simple reason being the car was sound until the cowboys at local dealership tried to put a new engine in my corolla due to high oil use. It was a task that nobody there was trained in doing, if so mine would of not gone bang spinning me out on a dual carrage way. Stick with toyota but keep away from dealers like i have.

what car and bbc watchdog

toyota claim number 1 but we can see problems keep the pressure on service dept and toyota customer service

letter to what car will make toyota uk pull adverts for a few months

local trading standards have a duty to investigate poor car service etc

toyota claim number 1 but we can see problems keep the pressure on service dept and toyota customer service

• 4 weeks later...

Ok after 7 weeks of my car being at Toyota EDGWARE ROAD I finally get it back with a new short block. Guess what drive it to work and a colleague says your engine sounds really rough. Opens up the bonnet and guess what the tappetts sound terrible. Speak to Jemca again and they advise there is nothing wrong and the whole car has been checked. Guess what take it to another Toyota approved garage and they advise that there is no engine oil in the car. Hence the tappets are not getting any oil pressure and the NEW ENGINE IS BEING WORBN......EDGWARE ROAD ADVISE they cannot and they quote provide copies of job cards of work that they have checked or supposedly have carried out. This is now getting ridiculous any ideas to help out....

go to toyota uk head office and leave the car in front of the gates and then ring and ask for toyota help !!!!!!!

any body had good service from this dealership????

any toyota garage will be able to check the warranty work that has been done

???? another dealership and small claims court

definitely leaning more and more to legal action isn't it.

It's such a shame that so many dealers seem to fall down with the service side.

Surely it's this part that keeps the customers loyal !

Ok after 7 weeks of my car being at Toyota EDGWARE ROAD I finally get it back with a new short block. Guess what drive it to work and a colleague says your engine sounds really rough. Opens up the bonnet and guess what the tappetts sound terrible. Speak to Jemca again and they advise there is nothing wrong and the whole car has been checked. Guess what take it to another Toyota approved garage and they advise that there is no engine oil in the car. Hence the tappets are not getting any oil pressure and the NEW ENGINE IS BEING WORBN......EDGWARE ROAD ADVISE they cannot and they quote provide copies of job cards of work that they have checked or supposedly have carried out. This is now getting ridiculous any ideas to help out....

My corolla after an engine replacement had a top end rattle turned out the dealership had over torqued the keyway resulting in that snaping off and dropping the valves on the pistons. Get it checked out When mine let go it resulted in me losing control of the car on a dual carrage way.

This just goes on and on. Not only do they screw my car up, they scratch it so I have made them re-spray my door. How stupid. AFTER 7 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS. All goes wrong. I have now been told I am not able to go back to them as they say there is nothing wrong and not only that they will not let me see the job cards. The Genral Manager has advised his Service Manager under no circumstances am I to get copies or to go into the showroom and look at the job cards. Has anyione had any experiences where they are not allowed to see paper work of their car.

I was not allowed to see the paper work on my corolla engine replacement, my dad to on his avensis engine replacment was not allowed to see the paper work. We was both told that all the paper work was sent to toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links