Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smelly Clutch ?

g3m xr

does anyone else rolla suffer fromt his ? seems the slightest slip or hill start etc i get a proper horrid smell

Yes mine does, been changed twice under warranty and still does it!

mine only did it when my gf drove it... :D

then she started using the clutch with her toes instead of the ball of her foot and she sussed it.... :thumbsup:

Mine does it too!

Especially in reverse up a hill. Its how much power your putting on while bringin' it up on the clutch.

Did have a funny experience once of the clutch sticking altogether, however having it @ 6 to 7k reving and bringin' up the clutch probably isn't a good idea!!! :lol: Smelt good though!!!

My CTS smells if you over-rev it (simple solution is just not to over-rev it or put the aircon on circulate!).

She's always done it since I bought her over two years ago and nothing seems to be wrong with the clutch. I was told once that the input for the aircon on the CTS is low down so it catches the smell a bit more.

Just the smell of you burning your clutch, if you get it alot, expect to replace your clutch after about 50k miles. Oh, and better start saving now! It cost me £600 for my old Celica's clutch, mind you that was after 80k miles.

thanks guys lol what a nice trait to have huh !

and another smell , my air con stinks , i think ill get them to change the gas when she goes for her service !

• 3 weeks later...

Smells like burnt cheese? Seems to be one of those things. :rolleyes:

quote name='g3m xr' date='Jan 13 2007, 07:21 PM' post='605964']

does anyone else rolla suffer fromt his ? seems the slightest slip or hill start etc i get a proper horrid smell

• 3 weeks later...

thanks guys lol what a nice trait to have huh !

and another smell , my air con stinks , i think ill get them to change the gas when she goes for her service !

Might be worth changing your A/C filter Gem as it might just be the bacteria in there giving you the nasty Smell (FYI - filter is behind the glove box - instructions on accessing it in your owners manual).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links