Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Vs Sportivo Engine Bay Differences

MarcTS

Are there any significant differences in the layout of the engine bay between a UK T-Sport and an Aussie Sportivo? I am interested in the mount points for the strut brace and then anything that would interfere with the location that the strut would end up occupying.

I ask because the TTE strut in the UK is pretty expensive and I can get a Cusco strut for a Sportivo delivered from Australia for over £100 less than a TTE one from Mr T.

strutbartoyotacorollafront.jpg

corolla tsport , corolla runX ,corolla Sportivo all have the same engine bay .

where did you see it and is there anymore these struts left for sale.

where did you see it and is there anymore these struts left for sale.

eBay Australia and with postage (2-3 days to the UK) the price comes to £131.62. The guy only had one listed on eBay but he looks like a pro seller (1500+ feedback) so I would assume that another one will be listed very shortly.

Here's a link to his eBay Shop for Toyota parts >> Linky <<

I'm currently trying to Source a strut Brace from Whiteline which is also in Oz.

Demon Tweeks will get one for £104.

I'm waiting for a reply form another Jap Specailist about Strut Brace and some Dampers.

Will Keep you posted.

Suspension (Damper) mounts are identical

That's a spot of luck because it'll be here at the end of next week :lol::yahoo:

Oh and to T128: I just checked his shop on eBay again and he has another listed so looks like he has a large supply of em :thumbsup:

Suspension (Damper) mounts are identical

That's a spot of luck because it'll be here at the end of next week :lol::yahoo:

Oh and to T128: I just checked his shop on eBay again and he has another listed so looks like he has a large supply of em :thumbsup:

thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

Cusco strut are very good but if you add the price + shipping charge and custom tax would be about £180-£200,in my opinion on that price tag is not worth me buying.

if i had £200 to play with i would go for c-one stuct or trd.

theenemywithin fensport sell Whiteline strut about the same price i think they are really good for the money.

Hopefully it'll be here in the next 2 days so I'll let you know what the final cost is.

ok thx hope you dont get caught by custom tax i will have my finger cross for you.

Cheers, I've just left a pile of cash in the hallway as I'm hoping to see it arrive tomorrow but obviously at work so won't be in myself to receive it.

From memory I only got hit for about 12% duty on an order from Singapore and as the actual strut comes in at £100 ex delivery I am hoping that if i do get stung, it won't be for that much.

Cheers, I've just left a pile of cash in the hallway as I'm hoping to see it arrive tomorrow but obviously at work so won't be in myself to receive it.

From memory I only got hit for about 12% duty on an order from Singapore and as the actual strut comes in at £100 ex delivery I am hoping that if i do get stung, it won't be for that much.

Hey MiniMarc did you get the strut brace?

What was the cost in total?

Think its a good price for it and it does look the dogs nads!!!

Thanx

Rolley

Hey MiniMarc did you get the strut brace?

What was the cost in total?

Think its a good price for it and it does look the dogs nads!!!

Thanx

Rolley

Still not arrived. The guy contacted me on friday asking how it was and I had to tell him it hadn't arrived. It's very frustrating as I'm still waiting for a new front lip to arrive as well - and that was ordered well over a week ago :crybaby:

I'm currently trying to Source a strut Brace from Whiteline which is also in Oz.

Demon Tweeks will get one for £104.

I'm waiting for a reply form another Jap Specailist about Strut Brace and some Dampers.

Will Keep you posted.

ADDRESS:

Whiteline Automotive UK

Merlin House

5 Cross Way

Hillend Industrial Park

Fife. Scotland

KY11 9JE

PHONE:

01383 820820

int+44 1383 820820 (international)

FAX:

01383 820 111

EMAIL:

sales@whitelineautomotive.co.uk

Give them a call and ask for Job or Sandy :thumbsup:

OK guys as requested, it arrived today (I almost kicked down the neighbours door to get it) and I asked them how much they had to pay and the fool said "they didn't ask me for any money". So I grabbed it and ran (the front lip was also next door :yahoo:

I took a pic of it as I thought it was going to have a circular bar but its actually oval in shape....

Cusco01.JPG

So the total cost was £131 which in my book is an absolute steal.

I'll hopefully be able to fit it tomorrow and I'll update you with a few more pics.

well done it looks very nice :thumbsup:

i've made a mistake on the price i converted from US dollars to pounds :but looking at that price i have just order one too i will be so in debt this month and the next all thanks to you MiniMarc :D

hahahaha I got G79 swearing at me too because of his bank balance. I guess I'm just gifted at convincing people to part with money. Shame it's always going to someone other than me :'(

looks really good actually....

let us know of any differences you notice

Well I can give it a good test on Friday when I head up to Oxfordshire as there's a beautiful long, sweeping left hander at Jn 16 of the M25 as you come on to the M40. Before I had the new springs fitted I would take it at about 47/8mph, now it's been lowered I do it at just shy of 60mph so with the strut in place I'll be hoping for a bit more speed around it because at the current speed I do it, I can really feel the car shifting.

OK here's a pic of it fitted to the car. You'll notice it looks a bit tight to the left where the pipes are. I had to bend the pipe down as it was interfering with the strut. And even though those pipes are small, they sure are tough suckers.

Cusco2.JPG

OK here's a pic of it fitted to the car. You'll notice it looks a bit toght to the left where the pipes are. I had to bend the pipe down as it was interfering with the strut. And even though those pipes are small, they sure are tough suckers.

Cusco2.JPG

looks ok to me it is the best strut i've seen on any tsport so far :thumbsup:

you know the metal pipe you bend couldn't you just screw the strut on and let the strut bar press down on the metal pipe?.

when you try out your new toy becareful just dont go crazy the strut will NOT turn tsport into a corner machine it just make the car more stiffed .

i purchase and pay on monday and still waiting but i am not in a hurry for it as i am busy fitting other thing at the moment having a stuct is the last thing on my mind. :lol:

looks ok to me it is the best strut i've seen on any tsport so far :thumbsup:

you know the metal pipe you bend couldn't you just screw the strut on and let the strut bar press down on the metal pipe?.

when you try out your new toy be careful just dont go crazy the strut will NOT turn tsport into a corner machine it just make the car more stiffed .

i purchase and pay on monday and still waiting but i am not in a hurry for it as i am busy fitting other thing at the moment having a stuct is the last thing on my mind. :lol:

I might have been able to get away with it, but the mounting holes barely went over the screw threads and I didn't fancy damaging the strut by forcing it to bend the pipes when I could just bruise the palm of my hand up instead :D

Don't worry I won't be hitting corners at 90mph or anything I'm just looking forward to going round corners without looking at the world on a diagonal ;)

Well I ordered mine on the 25th Feb and it didn't arrive until the 5th. You might get yours quicker as mine involved 2 weekends when the delivery world obviously went to sleep.

what are those pipes you had to bend for? is there any risk of damage by bending them? thanks

dont you have a e12 corolla ? they are metal brake pipe's coming from the abs unit he only bend one of these pipe a tiny bit, it will course no damage at all and if minimarc didn't mention no one would even notice on the photo's.

With the amount of movement you need the one pipe to achieve you are very unlikely to damage anything. The pipes themselves are incredibly tough. The only thing I was wary of was what the pipe was connected to so I was trying to bend the bend in the pipe downwards rather than move the entire pipe as it could have damaged other areas as it was shifted. Honestly the chances of damaging something doing this are incredibly remote. :thumbsup:

MiniMarc i had nothing to do so all the other parts wont be here till late next week i am bored so i went out to the cts and have a go at bending the pipe and you are right,the little "barstud" are really hard to bend i stop now cos my hand hurts:D :D i give it another go when the lovely cusco strut arrive :P .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links