Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Change The Vvtl-i Screws

juan-1

os tornillos,el coste son 1.5 € los 4

15022007194xe5.jpg

15022007195nf2.jpg

retiramos la tapa

15022007196hf9.jpg

vamos quitando cosas...todo con la 10

15022007197bm4.jpg

ese agujero no se para que sera..

15022007198ww6.jpg

15022007199hz1.jpg

15022007200ia5.jpg

15022007201ce6.jpg

estan un poco fuertes los cabrones..

15022007202wm5.jpg

15022007203yg1.jpg

15022007204gw3.jpg

la freidora!!

15022007205br4.jpg

15022007206sc0.jpg

los arboles de levas...el primero que se ve es de admision y el del fondo escape...se puede observar el sistema vvti

15022007207ab6.jpg

15022007208ng4.jpg

y alli los tornillos..

15022007209oa4.jpg

15022007210mh7.jpg

llevan un par de apriete,pero no los he querido apretar mucho,estan bien apretados...

15022007211ew6.jpg

15022007212sw8.jpg

metemos la freidora y listo..

15022007214xu1.jpg

aqui los tornillos para que veais su desgaste...

como veis se a empezado a comer hacia adentro un poco por donde termina el chaflan del tornillo comiendo hacia adentro...tambien el de admision es 2 milimetros mas corto..

15022007215lu8.jpg

15022007220zg0.jpg

15022007227qn4.jpg

15022007229gf5.jpg

Good, one is the screws of vvtli .

one is a motor with 48.000km and to verify the wearing down of the screws

the first screw of the left is of admission and the one of the right is of escape

the one of admission is the one that worse was with a wearing down in I circulate very rare

it is very easy to change seeing it mainly the images, I recommend its verification to you

Many thanks for posting that up !! :D

l was wondering how to change those screws.

One question does anyone know with the cover fully off, can you change the liftbolt from there ?

How u doing lads???

I'm an aircraft technician by trade and that doesn't look too dawnting but.............. how many of those screws are there??? only 2 or four? What do they do and is it important to keep them in top condition. And where is that lift bolt???

Would really like to know as my engine has done 113,000miles and would like to check these out if they are very important to the engine cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How u doing lads???

I'm an aircraft technician by trade and that doesn't look too dawnting but.............. how many of those screws are there??? only 2 or four? What do they do and is it important to keep them in top condition. And where is that lift bolt???

Would really like to know as my engine has done 113,000miles and would like to check these out if they are very important to the engine cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 2,but i buying 4;2 for me and 2 for my friend...

this is the olds...

15022007208ng4.jpg

and this is the new

15022007210mh7.jpg

I recomended to change,it is a oficial problem of TS (2zz-ge)but is not recognized by toyota

and other comparation in High milleage...

dibujo_207.jpg

what do these bolts do. are these bolts the bolts that give u the llift?

i have no ideaa about these engines

So is it both camshafts that move or just the one?

God i'm so curious to find out what exactly happens when lift is engaged is there any more info available on the tinterweb...

Cheers

Colin

So is it both camshafts that move or just the one?

God i'm so curious to find out what exactly happens when lift is engaged is there any more info available on the tinterweb...

Cheers

Colin

Some nice info on it here. :thumbsup:

Just have to say many thanks juan

Today i followed your pictures they are spot on and took the top half of my engine off nothing to it really easy to follow only took 15 minutes.

My screws are worn not too much from the end but they are marked around the bolt so going to order some new ones and replace them!

Again thanks as i would never in a million years look there!

Cheers again

Jamie :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

This is a ridiculous observation and nothing whatsoever to do with the topic in general, but the town shown on the satnav in the first picture - Watermael Boitsfort - is twinned with the town I grew up in, small place called Annan in the South of Scotland, populated by 8000 inbreds!

I left the place as soon as I could.

This is a ridiculous observation and nothing whatsoever to do with the topic in general, but the town shown on the satnav in the first picture - Watermael Boitsfort - is twinned with the town I grew up in, small place called Annan in the South of Scotland, populated by 8000 inbreds!

If you guys are interested, check out my post titled "Changed my lift bolts today" and see a pic of what came out of the engine...

???

???

Is there any torque settings? or do you just screw them as far as it goes?

Is there any torque settings? or do you just screw them as far as it goes?

I think Juan is the only one here who has changed them himself, so I guess he'd have to come back and let us know.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links