Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get My First Avensis In A Week!

ukjamesy

Hey folks. Thought I'd say hello. I bought myself a new Avensis T3-X 1.8 Auto in Decuma Grey last Friday and hope to collect it on 7th April. Bought it to replace my 10 year-old Rover 416 SLi Auto. Can hardly contain my excitement about getting this car.

I've been enjoying dipping in and out of the forums over the last couple of weeks and look forward to being a more regular visitor/contributor once I get the new car!

Hey folks. Thought I'd say hello. I bought myself a new Avensis T3-X 1.8 Auto in Decuma Grey last Friday and hope to collect it on 7th April. Bought it to replace my 10 year-old Rover 416 SLi Auto. Can hardly contain my excitement about getting this car.

I've been enjoying dipping in and out of the forums over the last couple of weeks and look forward to being a more regular visitor/contributor once I get the new car!

Welcome to the club ukjamesy. :)

I know how you feel, I traded a 6 year old 1.8 Mondeo in for my new T3-X 2.2 D4-D last September...I was counting the days until I got the new motor. Almost 7 months on, I am still glad I did and still enjoy the car as much as on day 1.

Good luck with your new wheels :thumbsup:

Absolutely gutted. Just had the dealer on the 'phone saying there was a problem putting a hold on my car at the Toyota depot and that another dealer got there first. It has take them two weeks to discover this so can't help but feeling I'm being given the run-around.

They are now quoting 5th June for my T3-X, albeit with an updated spec that they can't tell me anything about. Do you think its unreasonable to expect them to try and do me a good deal on a T4 instead if they can get one, or to take my trade-in now and give me a courtesy Avensis until June?

I'm so disappointed.

Absolutely gutted. Just had the dealer on the 'phone saying there was a problem putting a hold on my car at the Toyota depot and that another dealer got there first. It has take them two weeks to discover this so can't help but feeling I'm being given the run-around.

They are now quoting 5th June for my T3-X, albeit with an updated spec that they can't tell me anything about. Do you think its unreasonable to expect them to try and do me a good deal on a T4 instead if they can get one, or to take my trade-in now and give me a courtesy Avensis until June?

I'm so disappointed.

Sorry to hear that, must be incredibly annoying.

Don't know about them giving you a loan car, but I do think it's reasonable for you to request something as compensation. I guess the (originally agreed) delivery date is on the order paperwork so they have broken the contract?

Maybe push for a T4 or threaten to cancel the order; if you can find online quotes cheaper than you are paying, wave them under the salesman's nose and ask why you shouldn't cancel and order online. Or ask them to fit an extra (good saving for you, minimal cost to them) such as DAB/bluetooth or a CD changer.

If they have broken the contract, and you have a right to cancel, I am sure they would do something to sweeten the deal.

You are in a good position for a bit of bargining. You can try a whole class upgrade, ask them if there are delays on the T4 or T-Spirit models, or even the 2.0petrol engine if you wish .

I doubt they will give you them for free but you could get a serious discount on a whole trim upgrade. I know Toyota have delays on the Avensis at the moment, tonnes of fleet cars going out too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links