Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3. Yaris Radio/ Dash Removal

Roweow

Ok I know that there are a few things around on how to get the dash out but I thought that i'd add some clarity...

So the first thing to do is to remove the black strips down the side, start at the bottom by the cigarette lighter and pull the strip forwards, then work your way up to the top, the top ones are stubborn, pull them hard put carefully towards you straight out from the dash not at an angle.... Unclip the clips to the cables.

You then need to remove the speedo surround. I took some photos to try and help with this....

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

I hope it all makes sense and helps you a little, the radio is then simple, undo the 4 screws and pull!

Actually i'm pretty impressed with the HU thats in there! Its a nice unit and the WMA & MP3 CD compatibility is nice! I took the unit out to try and get at my bluetooth handsfree that the guy who installed it missed a cable out.... I keep giving up because it requires too much effort!

I'm not being picky, but there's actually no such thing as a Mk3 Yaris. There's the phase 1 & phase 2 of the old shape (see here for the differences) & the new shape is the Mk2 :thumbsup:

Great 'How To' though, should be very useful, well done for making it, hopefully a mod will put it with the other 'How To's'

It won't let me change it! I just assumed that it was MK1 for the original, MK 2 for the facelift and MK3 for the new one!

The dash is completely different to the older yaris' its so much simpler than my old MK1.