Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Silver Metallic The Best Color For A Car?

Alberto Michelatti

I wolud like to explain because for me white but above all light grey metallic (silver) are the best choice.

1) white and silver metallic are two neutral classical colors that don't suffer the fashions, so you have more possibilities to earn more when you sell your car;

2) with white, but above all with silver metallic, dirt is less noticeable and you can avoid to wash the car also for a month, while with black and dark colors in general your car will be always dirt and you will have to wash it two times a week, drying it by hand with a cloth;

3) in summer white and silver metallic reflect very well the hot sunny light beams and the car is more fresh inside, the air conditioning works less and so fuel consumption is lower; the opposite happens with black and dark grey;

4) white and silver metallic are two bright colors and with sunny light little scratches, dents and notchs are less visible, while with black you will always notice every small defect, also in the twilight.

5) at the twilight a car in black or in dark grey is less visible on the road, because it mix up with grey tarmac, while with white and silver metallic you will never have this problem;

6) silver metallic is the color that bring out the lines and the design of the car and is the color preferred by the designers to show their concept cars. For example, silver metallic is the preferred color of the Car Designer of the Century, the Italian Giorgetto Giugiaro;

Shortly, I would reccomend firstly silver and secondly white and I would absolutely advice against firstly black and secondly dark grey.

t7_pri06_car_gal_01_800_tcm281-359603.jpg

nofear.gif

Alberto.

P.S.: please don't say this to anyone, but this is the untold reason why to never buy a black car...

You can't beat Black for a good deep shine. ;)

Gunmetal for a daily driver (silver is too common ;)) Black for a weekend/show car :D

Silver is great as it doesnt show up dirt as much as other colours... also i wasnt that fussed about silver till i got a silver car myself.

gt4023.jpg

I loved the fact that even when it was dirty, you couldnt tell till you were up close where as my blue MR2 was a pain to keep clean but.... when it WAS clean.. you couldn't beat the shiny colour...

IMG_2319.jpg

Silver is way too common, my next car will be good old red

You can't beat Black for a good deep shine. ;)

Damn straight, I've seen pictures on here of people's cars after they've spent a whole Sunday applying layer & layer of wax etc & I go out, it gets jetwashed, shampooed, jetwashed again & looks miles shinier than the silver car with all the wax. The same applied for my dark blue Yaris, it was great

Agreed on the black... Ive had 2 black Celica's and once cleaned with even just turtle wax shampoo it came up a treat.

Only problem is that within a couple of hours you could start to see dust on it!!! :(

IMGP0117.sized.jpg

I agree about black shine! soop2.JPG

(Apoligies this pic was posted recently!)

None metallic black is shinier still, but shows up imperfections even more.. Silver is great for masking muck/dents, but not as good as Gun metal!

To Me silver is a very post recession 90s colour, its "safe" its good for resale etc, its also smart and no one can really object, which is why so many rep cars are silver... (yes I have had silver cars myself, including my old Soarer TT! -and we currently have two in our family fleet)

Black and silver will never go out of fashion, white I would say has, but is comming back.

Red is a pain in the ****! :thumbsup: Looks great when new... but its high maintenance! (my Porsche is red lol)

Red is good but after a few years requires maintainance as fade kicks in!

Think mine is getting painted Green or Orange next.

I disagree with white - silver is good for not showing dirt and dust but white is awful and generally has the lowest resale value.

My red Celica has been the easiest car to keep clean - never faded and always looks polished - the rain makes it looks like it's been washed - not sure if a Previous Owner had it protected or something but it's fantastic.

Silver sucks, i wish i could have had black, once on a motorway all i saw was silver cars....

Silver car = GREY car!

Stop calling GREY cars silver! call a spade a spade and admit you have a GREY car! Silver is a shiny shiny metal, silver IS NOT GREY!

Thanks! I really really needed to get that off my chest...

White makes any car rock :lol:

White would even make a Fiat Multipla look pretty :lol:

i would say that metalic silver is the best i have got a yaris and that is metalic silver and it looks nice

White would even make a Fiat Multipla look pretty :lol:

PrettiER you mean, they're already pretty ! :thumbsup:

Fiat Multipla.

1Immagine%20021.jpg

:yes:

nofear.gif

Alberto.

Silver's great, but I wish I had a black car when it comes to road tar............................ :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links