Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble Dual Mass Flywheel - Probleme Volant Moteur

YTPO

For french people :

J'ai eu un probleme de volant moteur sur mon Avensis D4D de 2000 et 120.000 kms.

Le concessionnaire m'avait suggéré d'écrire à Toyota. C'est ce que j'ai fait mais ils n'ont rien voulu savoir.

J'ai donc négocié avec la concession.

Résultat : remise de 25% sur le volant moteur et de 15% sur l'embrayage. Soit quand même une facture de 1900 euros sur un devis initial de 2300 euros !

Je suis dégouté par l'attitude de Toyota qui ne veut pas reconnaitre le défaut de conception/fabrication de cette pièce surtout qu'il ne s'agit pas de cas isolés.

Autoplus en a parlé dans son numéro 969 d'Avril 2007 et de nouveau dans le n°979 du 12 juin 2007 dans le courrier des lecteurs.

Il faut faire pression sur Toyota par tous les moyens : en écrivant chez Toyota France (service Relations Clientèles), en diffusant l'info sur un maximum de site et en écrivant aux associations de consommateurs aux magazines Autos ....

volantmoteurpage1hu9.jpg

volantmoteurpage2wf9.jpg

For french people :

J'ai eu un probleme de volant moteur sur mon Avensis D4D de 2000 et 120.000 kms.

Le concessionnaire m'avait suggéré d'écrire à Toyota. C'est ce que j'ai fait mais ils n'ont rien voulu savoir.

Résultat : remise de 25% sur le volant moteur et de 15% sur l'embrayage. Soit quand même une facture de 1900 euros sur un devis initial de 2300 euros !

Je suis dégouté par l'attitude de Toyota qui ne veut pas reconnaitre le défaut de conception/fabrication de cette pièce surtout qu'il ne s'agit pas de cas isolés.

Autoplus en a parlé dans son numéro 969 d'Avril 2007 et de nouveau dans le n°979 du 12 juin 2007 dans le courrier des lecteurs.

Il faut faire pression sur Toyota par tous les moyens : en écrivant chez Toyota France (service Relations Clientèles), en diffusant l'info sur un maximum de site et en écrivant aux associations de consommateurs aux magazines Autos ....

volantmoteurpage1hu9.jpg

volantmoteurpage2wf9.jpg

For English people

Had a problem of driving wheel on my Avensis D4D of 2000 and 120.000 kms. The dealer had suggested me writing to Toyota. This is what I did but they did not want anything to know. I thus negotiated with the concession. Result: handing-over of 25% on the driving wheel and 15% on the clutch. That is to say nevertheless an invoice of 1900 euros on an initial estimate of 2300 euros! I am disgusted by the attitude of Toyota which does not want rectify the defect of conception/fabrication of this part especially which it is not a question of an isolated cases. Autoplus in spoke in its number 969 about April 2007 and again in the n°979 about June 12, 2007 in the letters to the Editor. It is necessary to make pressure on Toyota by all the means: while writing at Toyota France (service Relations Customers), by disseminating information on a maximum of site and by writing with associations consumers with the magazines Cars....

For french people :

volantmoteurpage1hu9.jpg

volantmoteurpage2wf9.jpg

For English people

Had a problem of driving wheel on my Avensis D4D of 2000 and 120.000 kms. The dealer had suggested me writing to Toyota. This is what I did but they did not want anything to know. I thus negotiated with the concession. Result: handing-over of 25% on the driving wheel and 15% on the clutch. That is to say nevertheless an invoice of 1900 euros on an initial estimate of 2300 euros! I am disgusted by the attitude of Toyota which does not want rectify the defect of conception/fabrication of this part especially which it is not a question of an isolated cases. Autoplus in spoke in its number 969 about April 2007 and again in the n°979 about June 12, 2007 in the letters to the Editor. It is necessary to make pressure on Toyota by all the means: while writing at Toyota France (service Relations Customers), by disseminating information on a maximum of site and by writing with associations consumers with the magazines Cars....

Hi timson, just for your information, I saw one of these advertised on eBay for an Avensis the other day for about £250, you might want to check it out!!! Dont know if it helps you now though!

Thank you for the translation !

I hope the post can be help some of them

these are fitted to the hilux surf 3.0 td also. you can get a kit to replace it with a solid standard fly wheel.

Not really BABELFISH Rules! :thumbsup:

Is there some reason it's for English people not English-speaking people? We non-English Brits feel a bit left out timson! :(

• 15 years later...
On 6/17/2007 at 5:52 PM, GT4 BOOSTER said:

these are fitted to the hilux surf 3.0 td also. you can get a kit to replace it with a solid standard fly wheel.

Sorry to survive a 15yrs old post ,but is this still valid nowadays? My dad's t22 D4D has an issue, when going to reduce speed ,car will tremble, rpm will go down to 700 and after some seconds (10?) Will go back to 900 once the car stopped. He had the clutch changed about 7-8 yrs ago and hasn't done more than 50k miles on it ,so probably might be the issue of the clutch again,and changing it to a solid one would solve more problems?  Is pretty hard to find info regarding this model ,and even parts ,I guess

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links