Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Avensis Will Be Much Better:)

Venkat k

Hi everyone, I’m a total fan of the Avensis and all my cars have been from the Toyota family. And I have some hot information that will keep us waiting for the 2008 version of the Avensis. I have a friend who works in Toyota design n he has spilt the beans about the all new 2008 Avensis. He couldn't reveal its final shape or either give me a glimpse of the picture but did say it’s going to rock the market. For starters the things that would change from the current model (like the T180) could be called T180-4xSport.

1. Keyless entry and start button like the Auris

2. Paddle shift gears in the high end range with cruise control and sports suspension

3. Advance colour displays for the Speedo n rev (like the new Ford Mondeo)

4. Sunroof as standard and parking sensors both front n rear with image displays

5. Built in camera in the font like the Verso and Distance tronic as optional & LED rear lights as optional

6. New stat nav system with all controls built into a Joystick. All your AC settings n tire pressure monitor will be built into this MMI system.

7. And lastly a 4-wheel drive model would be available in the Estate version where the suspension can be altered according to the terrain with twin silencers which adds a sporty look and also throws in an additional 150 lb ft of Torque to the current 295 lb ft (400 Nm).

And of course a new shape and design.

I can’t wait for this new version which could be out sometime early next year. If i get hold of some pictures i will post them.

Cheers

Ven99

I work for Toyota UK and build the Avensis, the new shape will rock the market specially the sunroof area ;)

I'm sure it will and I am looking forward to seeing it. However I won't be remotely tempted to buy one for at least 2 years. Twice I've bought new Toyota models in the first few months after release and twice I've suffered from design faults that were fixed on later models. The ride and tyre noise issue from the Avensis 17" wheels on the 03 to 05 models is a good example.

Hi everyone, I’m a total fan of the Avensis and all my cars have been from the Toyota family. And I have some hot information that will keep us waiting for the 2008 version of the Avensis. I have a friend who works in Toyota design n he has spilt the beans about the all new 2008 Avensis. He couldn't reveal its final shape or either give me a glimpse of the picture but did say it’s going to rock the market. For starters the things that would change from the current model (like the T180) could be called T180-4xSport.

2. Paddle shift gears in the high end range with cruise control and sports suspension

4. Sunroof as standard and parking sensors both front n rear with image displays

5. Built in camera in the font like the Verso and Distance tronic as optional & LED rear lights as optional

6. New stat nav system with all controls built into a Joystick. All your AC settings n tire pressure monitor will be built into this MMI system.

7. And lastly a 4-wheel drive model would be available in the Estate version where the suspension can be altered according to the terrain with twin silencers which adds a sporty look and also throws in an additional 150 lb ft of Torque to the current 295 lb ft (400 Nm).

I can’t wait for this new version which could be out sometime early next year. If i get hold of some pictures i will post them.

Cheers

Ven99

Sounds very interesting and I might consider a new avensis when I come to part company with the Corolla!

Cheers

Ven99

Sounds very interesting and I might consider a new avensis when I come to part company with the Corolla!

Another thing. Will Toyota ever bring HID xenon Headlamps to any of their vehicles here in the UK????

• 2 weeks later...
I work for Toyota UK and build the Avensis, the new shape will rock the market specially the sunroof area ;)

I'm writing from Italy (sorry for my bad English...): I have a question for you.

I've got an Avensis 2.0 D4D m.y. 2007 (126 hp with DPF filter), I'm worried for the engine oil to use in my car: toyota reccomends to use JASO DL-1 oil for engine with DPF filter, but the toyota oil 5w-30 is not JASO approved (as I can know here in Italy)... I hear somebody that suggest to use Mobil1 ESP Formula or Castrol SLX c3 or Shell Helix Ultra Extra (5W-30), what do you think about it ??? Have you got some information about Toyota Syntetic Oil 5w-30 ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Ven99

It seems very unlikely that a completely new Avensis would appear next year. If that was the case, shouldn´t it be shown at the Frankfurt Auto Show next week??

Cheers

Ven99

It seems very unlikely that a completely new Avensis would appear next year. If that was the case, shouldn´t it be shown at the Frankfurt Auto Show next week??

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/newcar/abroad/toy...705/445072.html

I Hope It will not Look Like This

newavensis.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Ven99

Another thing. Will Toyota ever bring HID xenon Headlamps to any of their vehicles here in the UK????

erm both the avensis and auris have HID xenon lighting available as std

• 1 month later...

Cheers

Ven99

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/newcar/abroad/toy...705/445072.html

I Hope It will not Look Like This

newavensis.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

it is substantially bigger than the Corolla, Now Avensis is available in England and most of Europe; the Toyota UK web address is correct as given.

used 4x4 trucks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links