Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzer

pink.41

Has anyone a link to an article describing how to disconnect seat belt warning buzzer, it's driving me mad!! :censor:

Has anyone a link to an article describing how to disconnect seat belt warning buzzer, it's driving me mad!! :censor:

How to switch off the seatbelt beep? B)

When you don't have your seatbelt on and you drive faster than 15km/h you hear a warning sound, the seatbelt beep.

The seatbelt beep will sound softly for 30 seconds and very hard for 90 seconds after that the beep will stop.

After this modification the seatbelt beep is set OFF and you will no longer hear the seatbelt beep again.

I want to remind you that the seatbelt beep can be set ON again at any time.

Just use the instruction and reverse the setting of the seatbelt beep.

Disconnecting the Battery of the car will also set the seatbelt beep ON again.

When you set OFF the seatbelt beep and you drive without your seatbelt on,

the beep will not sound but the red indicator on your display will still flash like it does normally.

Setting the seatbelt beep OFF will not affect or change anything to the other safety systems in your car.

Although this modification is completely save, I can't take any responsibility for it.

Instruction to set OFF the seatbelt beep:

• first set the ignition ON

• set the distance counter to ODO by pressing the distance counter knob

• set the ignition OFF

• set the ignition ON again

• press the distance counter knob again for 10 seconds

• close the seatbelt and keep the distance counter knob pressed in

• the display of the distance counter will show the text: "b - on"

• release the distance counter knob again

• press the distance counter knob again shortly to switch between:

"b - on" and "b - off" and set it to: "b - off"

• set the ignition OFF again

• Job done, No more manic bleeping... :thumbsup:

How to switch off the seatbelt beep? B)

When you don't have your seatbelt on and you drive faster than 15km/h you hear a warning sound, the seatbelt beep.

The seatbelt beep will sound softly for 30 seconds and very hard for 90 seconds after that the beep will stop.

After this modification the seatbelt beep is set OFF and you will no longer hear the seatbelt beep again.

I want to remind you that the seatbelt beep can be set ON again at any time.

Just use the instruction and reverse the setting of the seatbelt beep.

Disconnecting the Battery of the car will also set the seatbelt beep ON again.

When you set OFF the seatbelt beep and you drive without your seatbelt on,

the beep will not sound but the red indicator on your display will still flash like it does normally.

Setting the seatbelt beep OFF will not affect or change anything to the other safety systems in your car.

Although this modification is completely save, I can't take any responsibility for it.

Instruction to set OFF the seatbelt beep:

• first set the ignition ON

• set the distance counter to ODO by pressing the distance counter knob

• set the ignition OFF

• set the ignition ON again

• press the distance counter knob again for 10 seconds

• close the seatbelt and keep the distance counter knob pressed in

• the display of the distance counter will show the text: "b - on"

• release the distance counter knob again

• press the distance counter knob again shortly to switch between:

"b - on" and "b - off" and set it to: "b - off"

• set the ignition OFF again

• Job done, No more manic bleeping... :thumbsup:

A much simpler method of turning off the seatbelt bleep..................................................................................................

WEAR THE SEATBELT :thumbsup: ........................why would you not want to??

[

A much simpler method of turning off the seatbelt bleep..................................................................................................

WEAR THE SEATBELT :thumbsup: ........................why would you not want to??

Not yet collected my new Toyota I was getting worried about driving with a buzzer buzzing thank goodness for sanity.

Check my website for the seatbelt beep instruction.

Link: The CityBug Website

Beep04.jpg

Turning off the seatbelt warning bleeper takes away one of the basic safety features from the Aygo and should only be done in cases where the driver has a medical exemption certificate to allow them to legally not wear a seatbelt.

ALL other drivers should wear a seat belt................It might just save your life. :thumbsup:

I cannot see any real reason why most people would need to remove this safety feature :rolleyes:

My Audi has a similar warning. On my first A3 the beeps activated at 5mph - this was a pain as whenever you were manouvering the car at low speeds it used to go off. For example when entering the works car park I need to undo my seat belt to get my keys out of my pocket to open the barrier before driving in. I would then be driving at low speed for a while, but the beeper kicked in and it drives you mad. It also activated when reversing and we spend a lot of time shuffling cars around our drive so everytime I did this the warning went off!

On my replacement A3 the warning is still present, but sensibly they have upped the speed at which it activates from about 5mph to 15mph, so no more annoying beeps when manouvering. IIRC the Toyota has quite a high speed too as it never went off while I was using it for 12 weeks, despite not wearing a seatbelt to enter the car park.

Beware, if you de-activate the seat belt buzzer, you also de-activate the buzzer that warns you that you've left your car lights on (when the engine is off an the driver's door is opened)

hmm, i have no intention of driving without my seatbelt, but need to do some manoeuvering around my property without belt on as its easier. cant i just join the wires together on the stalk fixed to the seat? i assume when you put the belt buckle in, it makes or breaks a contact inside.. ?? the headlight buzzer is useful as my last car had a very cunning device which turned off the lights when the ignition was turned off.. please note mr T.. lol :thumbsup:

Do NOT override the buzzer by connecting the wires on the belt buclke together.

I've been told the airbag is deployed differently (faster, earlier, I don't know)

depending on whether you're wearing your seatbelt or not...

The beep only goes off when driving at more than 10mph and

only does so for 2 minutes, so I'd just "stick it out" if I were you...

Also, concerning loosing the lights warning; I just tested this (then reset

te beep "on") and on my Aygo the warning for the lights still works...

Funny thing is that on the Dutch forum we get mixed results; some claim

it stops working, some say it still works (like mine does)...

OK boys, i'll try turning off the beep, if it turns off the headlight beep as well, i'll revert to normal and put up with it, can't be worse than being nagged.. lol.. :censor:

Turning off the seatbelt warning bleeper takes away one of the basic safety features from the Aygo and should only be done in cases where the driver has a medical exemption certificate to allow them to legally not wear a seatbelt.

ALL other drivers should wear a seat belt................It might just save your life. :thumbsup:

I cannot see any real reason why most people would need to remove this safety feature :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand how a beeper is a safety feature? The seatbelt is the feature - a beeper isn't going to save you from anything. I don't know anyone that needs reminding to put their belt on, its just second nature surely?? this thread was started by someone wanted to turn it off, not someone who doesn't want to wear a belt.

My wife has only had her Aygo for a few days and already the beeper is driving her mad. We live in a flat with a small and tight car park. As she is under 5 1/2 feet tall, she finds it easier to remove her belt when entering the carpark, but the time it takes to safely park means that the beeper is well into its "loud" phase. Switching it off, for her, would mean she can concertrate on driving safely :)

I'm not sure I understand how a beeper is a safety feature?

The beeper is SO annoying that it makes you actually WEAR the seatbelt.

At least that's the filosophy... This is so highly regarded that Euro-NCAP

(the crash-test-agency) even rewards an extra point for having the beeper!!!

As for manouvering in a carpark; as long as you don't exceed 10mph/15kmh

it will remain silent. Only after you've gone faster than said speed (be it forward

or reverse) is will keep beeping the full 2 minutes, the last half minute being even louder...

I'm not sure I understand how a beeper is a safety feature? The seatbelt is the feature - a beeper isn't going to save you from anything. I don't know anyone that needs reminding to put their belt on, its just second nature surely?? this thread was started by someone wanted to turn it off, not someone who doesn't want to wear a belt.

My wife has only had her Aygo for a few days and already the beeper is driving her mad. We live in a flat with a small and tight car park. As she is under 5 1/2 feet tall, she finds it easier to remove her belt when entering the carpark, but the time it takes to safely park means that the beeper is well into its "loud" phase. Switching it off, for her, would mean she can concertrate on driving safely :)

Precisely my point................If you wife wears the seatbelt, (and you say that putting the belt on is second nature), the beeper will not sound...................so, if the beeper does not sound, it will not drive her mad. Driving below 10MPH in a tight car park will not set it off!

The beeper is definately there for a purpose, (To remind her to put on the seatbelt).....................so it is therefore a basic safety feature of the Aygo and just about every other modern car produced.

It is not a good idea to remove the feature....................Just WEAR THE BELT :rolleyes:..........(Or drive slowly in the car park ;) )

As I said, the car park is small and space is tight. She doesn't get to 3 or 4 mph let alone 10, but I've heard the beeper play as day as she's parking. Maybe there is a problem??

Look no argument. Sometimes people want the warning and some people don't. Just leave it that way. I always wear my seatbelt but my preference is to have the beep disabled as my garage is located down a back alley where you exceed the beep speed and it activates but you also have to get out your car to open the gate the the alley. I'm sure the people living next to the gate don't want to hear my beep at 1:30 AM as I drive down the alley slowly.