Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Question, Does The Red "d" Mean Anything.

dmacdou1

Hi all.

I've noticed that on some d4D avensises(or should it be avensi?), my own included, the second "D" is red, while on others it is silver like the rest of the letters. Is there any significance to this, like the red "i" on vw/audi, or is it purely cosmetic?

Also, I have been unable to find a Haynes manual for this car (2003 new shape avensis), only the older model. Looks like they dont make one as its not even listed in Halfords. Anyone know where i could get hold of one, or alternatively, a similar maintenance manual?

Haynes do not make a manual for the current avensis. Has for the red D i'm pretty sure it does not indicate power difference. It may just mean diesel, has the 2.0 vvt-i petrol is a 2.0d4 vvt-i the d4 meaning direct injection. All d4d stands for is 'direct injection four stroke diesel' And D-cat is 'diesel clean advanced technology. I'd guess the d on that Badge is green due to it being fitted with a DPNR filter (partical filter) so its kinder to the enviroment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links