Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis Clutch

epaulthomas

Hi there i am new to this but have a 2002 Toyota Avensis that has done 108,000 miles.

Recently had to have the clutch and flywheel replaced at a cost of over £1,000. My warranty company refuse to pay out as they say it is wear and tear.

I have had a number of cars over the years and the clutch has needed to be replaced but never the flywheel. Does anybody know if this is a comon occurance or if it is general manufacturers fault.

I read somewhere that this does occur and it was a manufacturers fault which has since been remedied.

Hi Welcome to the club

Ì havent heard of the flywheel being doe thats unusual to me

You might get more luck asking in the avensis section mate :thumbsup:

If your car is the 2.0 d4d diesel, then yes there was a fault with the flywheels. There are of the dual mass type and were known to fail at around 100k give or take. It was only for a short period of time and i belive the problem was sorted when the 2003 avensis was introduced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links