Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Programming New Key Fob

kingtut

I recently bought a toyota yaris 2000 998cc 3 door hatchback.. The key fob was missing I have the Master (black) key and the subkey (grey). I bought a two button fob from eBay and is desperate to know how to get a blade cut and to program it.

Thanks

hi the blade can be cut from any key cutting place, the thob that was bought from eBay will more than likely not work as they are made to key code which toyota will have to order for you, they will then need to programme it into your car

I recently bought a toyota yaris 2000 998cc 3 door hatchback.. The key fob was missing I have the Master (black) key and the subkey (grey). I bought a two button fob from ebay and is desperate to know how to get a blade cut and to program it.

Thanks

I read in the forums of people programming there new fobs.

You mean you never got a remote key (transponder?)?

my old 2000 yaris gls had 1 remote key, 1 black key, and 1 grey valet key (can't open the boot with that one?)

My bro lost my black key so i went to get a replacement, my remote key wasn't working so well at the time so i asked to get another remote key

(ended up with 2 remote and 1 grey)

Back to the point...

I had this all done at toyota they said i was lucky i didn't lose the remote key, as it is very hard to program without it

Some cases they said they had to change the whole remote transmitter thing in the car (dont ask me whats it called)

Should take it in to Mr T to see if it can be done

Looking back the remote key and Mr Toyoyta man programming it was only £60 (bargain!), plus they did it while i waited

Think i've seen a thread here somewhere about losing keys.....

I recently bought a toyota yaris 2000 998cc 3 door hatchback.. The key fob was missing I have the Master (black) key and the subkey (grey). I bought a two button fob from ebay and is desperate to know how to get a blade cut and to program it.

Thanks

From new, you get 2 remotes and 1 grey key. Can be expensive getting new remote keys and having them coded!

Worse case scenario is a whole new ecu, ignition switch, doorlock set etc. £500 plus.

Thanks

From new, you get 2 remotes and 1 grey key. Can be expensive getting new remote keys and having them coded!

Worse case scenario is a whole new ecu, ignition switch, doorlock set etc. £500 plus.

Don't go to Toyota, there is a lock smith on North Road in Darlington that can do it for a fraction of the price. My father in law bought a 2002 plate d4d yaris and it only came with the grey key. Toyota quoted a £1000 for a new ecu and two keys. It wasn't a remote key, just one that was chipped and he did it for £70. Toyota said it couldn't be done. I am sure if this is not near to you there will be somebody.

I got on to this via the local car aution place called Manheins. They receive all kinds of cars with no keys when they have been taken back by the baliefs and this fellow can make keys when he hasn't got any key.

Toyota are again attempting to rip off the customer - the fellow in Darlington does mailorder but prefers to try the finished key.

I have just looked andI think this is the fellow.

S & S Auto-Locks: Darlington Motor Factors

160 North Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 2EJ

Telephone: 01325-353798

Locksmiths. Repair services

Regards Rob

Thanks

Don't go to Toyota, there is a lock smith on North Road in Darlington that can do it for a fraction of the price. My father in law bought a 2002 plate d4d yaris and it only came with the grey key. Toyota quoted a £1000 for a new ecu and two keys. It wasn't a remote key, just one that was chipped and he did it for £70. Toyota said it couldn't be done. I am sure if this is not near to you there will be somebody.

I got on to this via the local car aution place called Manheins. They receive all kinds of cars with no keys when they have been taken back by the baliefs and this fellow can make keys when he hasn't got any key.

Toyota are again attempting to rip off the customer - the fellow in Darlington does mailorder but prefers to try the finished key.

Regards Rob

Thanks Rob,

I have the black and grey key but no remote key. Can I program any fob I buy from eBay? I will contact your locksmith.

Regards Kingtut

Thanks

Regards Rob