Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

neilf

Just had to replace the front tyres after 15,000 miles. I am not impressed. Why would such a lightweight car (lightest petrol production engine) give such appalling mileage? We also have an Audi A3 1.8 turbo and we got 35,000 miles out of the front tyres. Comparing what I paid for top of the range tyres for the Audi, with the Aygo Continentals, I reckon the Audi is cheaper. I was so hoping that the Aygo would be a much more efficient car to run. OK, cheap road tax but the tyre wear is criminal and I have never achieved 61mpg.

I still like the Aygo but not sure if the next car will be a Toyota.

Rant over.

Underinflation is the biggest cause of premature tyre wear. The tyre heats up over it's usually operating temp, and it allows more rubber to be worn off.

I've got conti Ecocontact3 on mine and routinely over inflate by 1-2 PSI (for those colder days) and my tyres are still good at 26,000 miles

I think it's more to do with how fast you drive it and the lack of traction control...

I replaced all four (I rotated them twice) at 17500miles.

Underinflation is the biggest cause of premature tyre wear. The tyre heats up over it's usually operating temp, and it allows more rubber to be worn off.

I've got conti Ecocontact3 on mine and routinely over inflate by 1-2 PSI (for those colder days) and my tyres are still good at 26,000 miles

The thing is, I understand it's down to a lot of variables, driving style, pressure etc. but I don't drive this car any differently from other cars I have had but this car, with Ecocontact tyres, has returned the worst mileage I have ever experienced. I did think of replacing these tyres with Michelins but I remember reading somewhere, that they were no better than what I had already. 26,000 would have been perfectly acceptable but I don't overinflate tyres and never have.

Not sure how you can control 1-2PSI?

The thing is, I understand it's down to a lot of variables, driving style, pressure etc. but I don't drive this car any differently from other cars I have had but this car, with Ecocontact tyres, has returned the worst mileage I have ever experienced. I did think of replacing these tyres with Michelins but I remember reading somewhere, that they were no better than what I had already. 26,000 would have been perfectly acceptable but I don't overinflate tyres and never have.

Not sure how you can control 1-2PSI?

Driving like a loony is excessive not premature tyre wear. No-one who drives like Schumacher can claim their tyre wear is pre-mature, can they?

I use a calibrated digital tyre pressure gauge and the garage forecourt air line is 500 metres from my home.

The stock Aygo tyres are quite soft. Check the wear rating on the side of the tyre.

You could put something harder on, but your grip and handling would be worse. You could put wider rubber on, but then your fuel economy would go down. Depends where you want to compromise really, but I don't think Aygo tyres are all that expensive.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links