Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Type Your Reg In

Pat2u

i have put it in twice now and apparently i drive a renault clio dynamique s!!! eh no, better ring my insurance co then

So does it just tell you what car you drive then?.. I can do that from my logbook!

Once your details "REG" is put into the check box .. For checking your vehicle is on the MID and Confirm that this vehicle belongs to you.

I never got make or model of my vehicle i just got confirmation that my ins company had provided the details.

For private individuals it is the responsibility of the insurance provider to get details of a policy or changes on MID within 14 days of the effective date.

if the vehicle is not on the mid the driver is at risk of being stopped by the police and having there vehicle inpounded.

I dont get a make or model, just a massive upwards arrow.

However it seems Jim Bowen has downgraded to a MERCEDES S 320 CDI......

b_Imgp3404.jpg

Some of our cars just come up as insured, but no model info.... others ok, one doesn't.... Best look into that!!!

lol when i get insurance quotes two cars come up for my registration number LOl

Corolla Express

and a

corolla XLi

seen as it is the XLi Express does it matter which one i choose? (I've seen Normal XLi's but not another "express")

Corolla Express

and a

corolla XLi

seen as it is the XLi Express does it matter which one i choose? (I've seen Normal XLi's but not another "express")

Your express model is a feature model based on the XLI Gaz, both details are true! I wouldnt worry too much about the model details, that is something you can get changed if its wrong, I would be more worried if it said "Not insured"

Kingo :thumbsup:

Both mine and wife's cars came up all details correct....Phew....... :P :P :P

Corolla Express

and a

corolla XLi

Your express model is a feature model based on the XLI Gaz, both details are true! I wouldnt worry too much about the model details, that is something you can get changed if its wrong, I would be more worried if it said "Not insured"

does that explain why i have manual windows yet an electric sunroof? or a spoiler?

So does it just tell you what car you drive then?.. I can do that from my logbook!

Once your details "REG" is put into the check box .. For checking your vehicle is on the MID and Confirm that this vehicle belongs to you.

I never got make or model of my vehicle i just got confirmation that my ins company had provided the details.

For private individuals it is the responsibility of the insurance provider to get details of a policy or changes on MID within 14 days of the effective date.

if the vehicle is not on the mid the driver is at risk of being stopped by the police and having there vehicle inpounded.

Are you sure, the vehicle can be impounded because the owner who is not responsible to update the database can have their lawful car impounded, that is difficult to believe.

Has the law changed or something, the country I live in the police give you a producer, which gives 5 days to submit your information. What happens after that if you do not produce the documents I dont know but would imagine the first scenario is not enforceable

According to that system my Celica's a "TOYO CLC CRLS SNZ"

I can't believe that they couldn't afford to leave enough room in the database to describe the make and model properly.

They presumably only included the O's from Toyota because the sans vowels alternative would have been TYT.

Corolla Express

and a

corolla XLi

does that explain why i have manual windows yet an electric sunroof? or a spoiler?

Yes, its common practice to produce "feature models" they are usually base models or lower spec'd cars that then have "extras" fitted to them when they arrive at the import centre, or when they go to a distribution centre. In you case Gaz, the xli base model had a few extras added to become an "Express", the modern version is Auris TR, an up spec'd base Auris

On the theme of impounding your car. The Police will not impound your car on the basis of the MID data alone, sure you will be stopped, but they would do further data checks available to them before impounding your car. North Wales Police are red hot on using number plate recognition cameras around here, they regularly have a van parked on a major junction leading into N Wales (Shotwick lights for those interested), it reads your plate, and if anything dodgy comes back, there are a fleet of Police cars parked on an overhead roundabout ready to race after you and give you a pull. Last New Year, they had a week long campaign, in conjunction with customs and excise, and VOSA, something like 250 cars were impounded because of tax, insurance, licence problems. In fact a customer of mine had a Hiace that ran out of tax in December, he had to get it taxed, travel to Llandudno (about 40 miles) to get the van, and pay for recovery, storage totaling nearly £300, plus he was reported for the no tax offence and fined for that too! Happy New Year N Wales Police :angry:

EDIT N Wales Police are consistant, they have just "Done" one of their own :D Story here He is to appear before the Wrexham magistrates soon, how embarressing! One thing that concerns me is it happened last May??? How come he got away with it for that long???

The vehicle did get stopped serveral times by the police, been driving it for three weeks

2229CBR is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today

By allowing someone to drive this vehicle, the driver is at risk of being STOPPED by the police and having their vehicle impounded, and possibly DISPOSED OF, if proof of insurance cannot be provided.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

For private individuals you must contact your insurance provider.

For company vehicles you must report this to the person within your company who has responsibility for company vehicles. They must contact the insurance provider to find out how they can get the vehicle onto the MID

well my yaris comes up correct and insured, but my new corolla isnt insured apparently. but i suppose thats prob down to me only having the car since friday

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links