Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Track Experience T180

Sinttruijen

Just wanted to share my first track experience with my beloved T180 on the famous Nordschleife in Germany :toast:

The TMS lowering springs & adjustments to the Camber toward 2" negative gave a good cornering improvement. see : wheel alignment.

On the Saturday, I had a dry track & for this the suspension setting is still a bit too soft. But very neutral steering behavior. Slightly over steered, but that's OK with me.

Sunday was a different story. It was raining, raining... :o So i had to go on a wet track * think* hmmm :huh: I had some seconds thougts........ But Woooow. What was i in for a suprise. The overall soft setting in combination with the Dunlop SP Sport tires makes the T80stick like glue. :P

I was overwhelmed & surprised of the amount of grip compared to a lot of other more sporty cars. I have almost no words for it. Great job Toyota !! :thumbsup: It was almost more fun int he rain then on a dry track. the VSC only kicked in once.

So, i am satisfied with my current setting of the T180 which is a good combination setting for road & track use. So no more adjustments needed on this part.

Only the stalling of the engine between 4.200 & 5.000 rpm, with lack of power as result I am still working on.

On the Dutch Corolla forum ,the even found some pictures of me.

So, to share my 2 days of Auris fun, enjoy the pictures as much as I did driving the T180 :yahoo:

post-40532-1194293658_thumb.jpg

post-40532-1194294999_thumb.jpg

post-40532-1194295028_thumb.jpg

post-40532-1194295050_thumb.jpg

ps.

All my tuning I try to do within the current allowed settings of toyota & using only original parts (except the P-tronic powerbox)

So, current result are reached with a original, but not standard T180 with adjusted settings.

Greetz,

Why can't i see the pictures?

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Edit: It works now. Or some admin saw this or i had to post a message first. I dunno.

Hi,

Your auris looks really good

Are there any major mods needed to fit the twin exhaust?

The stock exhaust looks pretty ugly. I have the Australia version by the way.

Just the exhaust system and the rear skirt - quite expensive

He's chip tuned it too

He's chip tuned it too

How much are the exhaust + rear skirt?

These are now performance exhaust right? They have no change to performance and sound. Am i correct?

He's chip tuned it too

How much are the exhaust + rear skirt?

These are now performance exhaust right? They have no change to performance and sound. Am i correct?

You can ask kingo for the prices or your local dealer. They are original Toyota prices, but indeed not cheap :unsure: .

Second, the exchaust doensn't give no extra performance by itself. In my case with chiptuning, the exchaust pressure was getting too high above 3.200 rpm with the standard muffler. This was costing me some whp & torque.

The double TMS exchaust gave some relief on the exchaust pressure and gave me the complete advantage of the chip without loosing whp & torque.

Greetz,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links