Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: Engine Management Light Failure

Tardis

When did your Warning light come on?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. At roughly what mileage did your Warning light stay on?

• 0 - 10k
    • 10 - 30k
    • 30 - 50k
    • 50 - 70k
    • 70 - 90k
    • 90k +
  2. 2. Which year was your Previa / Estima made?

3. 3. What fixed the problem?

• Left it long term, not fixed, living with it
    • Stayed off after Catalyst AND Llambda (Oxygen) sensors change
    • Stayed off after Catalyst change
    • Stayed off after Llambda (Oxygen) sensors change
    • Stayed off after other work (specify below)
    • Hasn?t been on long, yet to decide what to do (post updates below)

The long-running Engine Management Warning Light thread has shown that lots of forum members have suffered similar problems and at similar mileage / age. Please vote when you suffer this problem and tell us when you had the problem and at roughly what mileage? This may help us understand if there is a pattern to these failures.

:(

The long-running Engine Management Warning Light thread has shown that lots of forum members have suffered similar problems and at similar mileage / age. Please vote when you suffer this problem and tell us when you had the problem and at roughly what mileage? This may help us understand if there is a pattern to these failures.

Light came on at 41000 miles, then turned itself off after a couple of days (approx 300 miles). Same has occurred 3 more times, at the last my Previa (2002) was in for a service (70000 miles) when the light was on, and the main dealer said that the code was indicating a fault with the catalyst. They reset the light and said that if it comes on again they will upgrade the ECU (apply software update). The light is now on again - I am waiting to see if it goes out soon!

Cheers, Rob

• 2 weeks later...
:(

Light came on at 41000 miles, then turned itself off after a couple of days (approx 300 miles). Same has occurred 3 more times, at the last my Previa (2002) was in for a service (70000 miles) when the light was on, and the main dealer said that the code was indicating a fault with the catalyst. They reset the light and said that if it comes on again they will upgrade the ECU (apply software update). The light is now on again - I am waiting to see if it goes out soon!

Cheers, Rob

Well the light has finally gone out after 2 weeks (I was on the point of booking the car in at a main dealer - for a possible ECU software upgrade). In that two weeks the car has done about 700 miles. I live in a rural location and normally each trip is a minimum of 10 miles, and the car is used ever day.

Hope this information is of interest.

Cheers, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what, the light came back on again yesterday. Just driving along on a straight level road at about 55mph.

Very odd.

Will wait and see if it goes out again, otherwise a trip to the main dealer.

Cheers, Rob