Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Back Box For Ae 92 Gti

Twincam.GTi

I'm considering an aftermarket/stainless steel back box/rear silencer for my Corolla GTi for when my standard one blows itself to bits with rot (usually inside).

Standard back boxes seem to last 2-3 years (and yes some I've had replaced under guarantee) -although latest one is now 5 year old and in the past when they only cost £30-£40 approx I didn't mind, but recently I've been enquiring and the price now seems to be around £70 - £90 !!! So I'm thinking why not get a nice stainless/show type one. Naturally a 'so-called performance back box' is going to be the route but I don't wan't louder noise! Hence I do not wish to fit a complete Mongoose or Scopion system (and anyway rest of system seems to last so for me would be wasteful to replace all) like a couple of friends did to theirs 10 year ago as interior noise was just too much for me (especially when on long jaunt in Europe).

So people any sugestions/recomendations as to back boxes only - Janspeed, Peco, Remus etc.? - and are they available for Corolla AE92?

Powerflow made up one - NO Thanks! - friends experiance on various cars has been bad fit and bad quality. :censor:

Cheers for any help

Iv got full scorpion systems on both my gtis.

There just right noise wise and sound even better with cone shaped filters.

If you put your foot down you get a grunty sound, if your not a fan of noise you'd be best sticking with the standard exhaust although the aftermarket pipes look better and adds some more power

Ah right thanks for recommending original system as regards noise

Reason I was thinking of stainless backbox was because of long life and cost (in view of some places now charging £90 for mildsteel backbox alone).

I admit the Scorpion system was well made (thinking back 11 approx year ago when we fitted one to mates GTi) but for long distance driving (e.g. sat for a day on a German Autoban) the interior 'drone' would have been to much for me.

Thanks once again for advice.

I'm also vary wary of fitting the aftermarket backboxes available for the Ae92 Gti. Seems like most of the filtering/noise reduction work is done by the backbox alone.

I fitted a MAGNEX. Woo it was loud!! So i modded a Porche one.

Woo!! That was loud too. :crybaby:

Careful choosing is what you must do. Too loud, you will find most backboxes is.. HaHa(Gone all Yoda)

Oh yeah, beware the darkside...

EXHAUST TOYOTA COROLLA 1.6 GTI 16v SERIES AE92 (TY283)

E-bay £34

^

Thanks for that (yep TY283 is patten part No. in all the Banbridge/TI-Max catalogues).

Saw that on eBay but the picture makes it look quite dented so am just a bit wary that it might have been 'kicking about' in storage so to speak. But thanks for thinking all the same - so looks like a prowl on eBay will be best option when time comes.

Didn't realise most of noise reduction was done by backbox (most systems/car design tends to be the middle section); thanks for that warning.

:)

Iv got full scorpion systems on both my gtis.

There just right noise wise and sound even better with cone shaped filters.

If you put your foot down you get a grunty sound, if your not a fan of noise you'd be best sticking with the standard exhaust although the aftermarket pipes look better and adds some more power

ive also got a scorpion system on mine and it sounds the nuts but i may get a smaller exit when my new engine arrives as its going to be loud lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links