Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

53 Plate 2003 D-4d Rav

PinkMinkee

On similar lines to a previous post........me n me respective uvver have just purchaysed the above said vehicle, n already I am getting it wrong, its an 04 plate :)

the ad stated it had a radio/cd player, but the headunit ses different.......it ses look at me I am a radio with a cassette player......A CASSETTE PLAYER!!!

I mean this is the 00's here, can you still BUY cassettes lol. Anyway the sales guy, said he would look into this for me cos its quite possible it has a cd changer under the seat or summat, and altho i tried putting thr cd button to the test, nowt happened. anyone shed some light on it........oh yes ITS A 5 DOOR!!!! :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• bothwell_buyer

• chatman

• PinkMinkee

Do you mind if I call you pinky for short?

Nice sounding vehicle but a picture says a thousand words!

Has it got round foglights in the front bumper as I thought they should all have CDs (but could be wrong).

Have you had a look under the passenger seat or in the back for the changer? A genuine one goes under the seat.

Regards

Gies a break. CDs?

Last century technology.

Get yersel a new unit what can take a USB stick; various Mp things and an ipod link and then sit in a layby an fiddle wi the knob.

5 doors? I'd weld 2 up and use the back space fur yer CD collection........

Have ye found the TV /LCD screen yet? Dinna tell me ye havnae!!

me young brithers cawd simon so ahm wunnering if he's arrived back tae England aifter his travels ????? :unsure: :unsure:

An as I said in anither post whit peeps took the wrong way, gies a pictur of said vehicle!!

On similar lines to a previous post........me n me respective uvver have just purchaysed the above said vehicle, n already I am getting it wrong, its an 04 plate :)

the ad stated it had a radio/cd player, but the headunit ses different.......it ses look at me I am a radio with a cassette player......A CASSETTE PLAYER!!!

I mean this is the 00's here, can you still BUY cassettes lol. Anyway the sales guy, said he would look into this for me cos its quite possible it has a cd changer under the seat or summat, and altho i tried putting thr cd button to the test, nowt happened. anyone shed some light on it........oh yes ITS A 5 DOOR!!!! :P

Jan if your's is an 04 plate then it most certainly will have the round fog lights and CD player (or should have this unless the last owner removed and swopped for the old style) mine has square fogs as it's an 02 plate.. and the cassette player but I also get the 6 disk cd player under passenger seat....

Funny when my 10 year old daughter asked ne what a cassette was. :lol::lol::lol: well supose she only knows about dvd's movies.....or anything high school musical at the moment..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gies a break. CDs?

Last century technology.

Get yersel a new unit what can take a USB stick; various Mp things and an ipod link and then sit in a layby an fiddle wi the knob.

me young brithers cawd simon so ahm wunnering if he's arrived back tae England aifter his travels ????? :unsure: :unsure:

An as I said in anither post whit peeps took the wrong way, gies a pictur of said vehicle!!

Bothy

Not seen Simon :unsure:

I thought you were asking for pinky's photo (der) you old smooth talker.

PS how do you stop the LP's from skipping with that stiff suspension?

its got the round spots ladz, but the headunit is defo a cassette jobbie, guess we shall have to have a lookie under the front seats :)

like the one chatman's posted in this thread http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67920 :)

cant post a piccie yet cos aint got it yet, and its gomne off marsh toyota's site and autotrader :)

Gies a break. CDs?

Last century technology.

Bothy

Not seen Simon :unsure:

I thought you were asking for pinky's photo (der) you old smooth talker.

PS how do you stop the LP's from skipping with that stiff suspension?

dear anchorman and all

I am whit is kent as an early adopter (a marketing term). My radio/CD player/ USB/various other connections is able to replicate various sound situations from Jazz to Concert hall etc. It doesn't replicate being in a train or the likes. If I want tae listen to ma 78s' I record them onto the computer and shove them on a 4GB USB stick. Its lighter and smaller than carrying a 6 CD changer and as I have more than 1 USB stick I have a large choice of what music I play.

The best music I play is that written and produced by my Uncle Fred who is an ardent Scottish nationalist and at the age of 87 is still writing stirring music fur when we invade englanderland.

I widnae mind a photo of pinky only cos it helps tae ken whit audience yer writing tae. Fur example, i imagine Dave.M is a tattood gorilla living in a hovel somewhere in Motherwell and drinks in the Tavern in the 'city' centre. 2 pints says I'm right!!

Hooever in the age of anonynimity, and data protection then I unnerstaun whit folk may feel. Course, as most of yer drive 5 door RAVs a get-tae-gither wid be pointless cos naebidy kens wha's who! Barring some criten thieving ma RAV, it kind o is recognisable as a wee bit different.... ;)

you are more mad than the bunch of window cleaners of this other forum i visit, and equally as nuts as the bunch off the mark4 supras forum.......mad, all mad, the lot of you ;)

Fur example, i imagine Dave.M is a tattood gorilla living in a hovel somewhere in Motherwell and drinks in the Tavern in the 'city' centre. 2 pints says I'm right!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: P M S L

Hi Pinky,

I had a look at Parkers guide on their web site and according to them radio/cd was standard equipment on XT3 from 00 - 06

Have a look yourself http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/De...spx?deriv=26420 especially when the trader advertised as having a radio/cd.

Try to get them to give you some accessories to compensate for their mistake in selling a substandard car.

Regards Jim.

you are more mad than the bunch of window cleaners of this other forum i visit

There's a forum for window cleaners !!!!!! :o :o :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

you are more mad than the bunch of window cleaners of this other forum i visit

There's a forum for window cleaners !!!!!! :o :o :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

If the Nissan Kumquat's got a forum .......why not the window cleaners! :unsure:

its a forum for the cleaning industry.....just so appens to be mostly populated by window cleaners....well it is winter innit.

as for the headunit, the previous owner decided to have a cassette headunit installed instead...i mean...CASSETTES...even my dad (whose 77 btw) transfers all his music from cassettes to cd's!!

Anyway, moving on, can anyone recommend an excellent aftermarket headunit that plays mp3's or takes a usb drive, no stupid prices tho pleez :)

its a forum for the cleaning industry.....just so appens to be mostly populated by window cleaners....well it is winter innit.

Go on give us a clue........what do window cleaner's talk about on a forum? :blink:

as for the headunit, the previous owner decided to have a cassette headunit installed instead...i mean...CASSETTES...even my dad (whose 77 btw) transfers all his music from cassettes to cd's!!

Anyway, moving on, can anyone recommend an excellent aftermarket headunit that plays mp3's or takes a usb drive, no stupid prices tho pleez :)

Just one thing to remeber when doing this. The standard Toyota head unit is a double din (bigger than normal) you can get adapters for the whole left if removing this unit (I cant find my link to show you one) other members may pip in on this.

Once you've adapted this the choice is huge for this size units...most new units will play mp3's...I would go for a combination unit that incorporates a card slot...rather than having some usb stick hanging off it...work friend has one and uses his 8gig card in it and has not reached the end of his extensive play list for the last couple of months....

this kenwood7200.jpg is what i have. B) look at the side panels, bought them in the us for £15 incl p&p.

I had a cracking Aiwa (Sony second line) in my Corolla (daughter still has it). It had aux input, cd/mp3 data display, auto time set etc. I can't remember the number but one feature it had that I think is important was that it could be switched to light up orange and anything else is OK but won't look as well integrated. They were only £79.99 new so will pop on eBay for much less.

Of course if you get a double DIN like bt's then it doesn't matter.

Just found the number. No longer available but do pop up second hand;

http://www.inest.co.uk/products/Aiwa_CDC-R104_Cd_-_Radio.asp

Go on give us a clue........what do window cleaner's talk about on a forum? :blink:

blinkin trains like everyone else!

blinkin trains like everyone else!

infectious innitt?

fraid not, no trains...mostly politics and dirty jokes lol :)

See - ah telt ye - same as train drivers. Cos they've nuthin tae dae noo the trains steering wheel has been removed. Sit back n chat wi the signalman aboot the latest pay-deal n wots on page 3. Ah ken!!

ivor the engine, look there e is comin up over the ill ;)

Pinky as time goes on my impression of your character improves and I get the feeling you can be intermittently bonkers.

You should do well here :thumbsup:

I hope you can come to Warrington to talk with the rest of us about all things mostly trivial and irrelavant.

Besides we need some gals to go to the bar!

Kidding kidding kidding - incoming - take cover!

We really want our cars valeting :rolleyes:

Now I know you will come only if its to kick me in the crown jewels.......

can i wear my sharpened toed stilettos.........they pack a sharp kick in the oojameebits ;)

tis ok jest all you like i have me fair share of testosterone in ma brain cells, but i have to disappoint you as i am unfortunately NOT intermittently bonkers, i am bonkerz ALL the time :fishyface:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links