Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gutted

dave.m

OMG Dave :eek: :eek: What you do....Let the wife drive again.... :crybaby: :crybaby:

Good advertisement their for not fitting the rear parking sensors.... :wacko: :wacko:

Last note you sent said you had reversed into wall and marked the spare tyre cover...

What happened now............

Oh FF sake that is sickening.

I can't see any damage from the pics to other than the 1/4 bumper. That comes off dead easy so you can get one off kingo (even get Lindops to paint it) and just swap it yourself to save the insurance getting involved. If that is a crease at the bottom of the door it might bend back in with your hand if you are careful.

Keep your chin up mate and you can justifiably drop kick that cat for crapping in your garden and claim immunity for it.

Keep us informed mate.

Geeez, has that tailgate taken a bash too? If it has, or if the spare has taken a bump, just have a look at the spare wheel mounting bracket as well, as they very often "absorb" some of the impact and bend the spare wheel mounting bracket :mellow:

Let me know if you need anything sending

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think anger management classes are in order here as this was a direct result of road rage. :angry::angry:

Last night I had to pick up the old in laws from train station, they were down south for christmas. My wife managed

to persuade station staff to let us right on to platform, as mother in law can barely walk. While waiting for the slowest

operating security gates in the world to open, another car pulled up behind me, trying to do the same. (turns out he

was a train driver late for work). As things are not happening fast enough for him, he starts tooting and gesticluating

behind me, red mist at this point is now purple. We both get through the gates, and as I am stopping to get out and

flatten the :censor: the wifes hauling me back in while reminding me I will get arrested and convinces me to move

and let him past. This I did and the :censor: speeds by still tooting. By this point my blood is boiling and while trying

to find a suitable stopping place without going over the platform edge I reversed into a :censor: wall. At this point

blood pressure so high I am risking a stroke. Anyway as you can see the 1/4 bumper is :censor: and the wheel arch

extension has popped out, dont think there is any other damage but its hard to tell. So before I proceed with insurance

I will get a price from Kingo. Now seriously hacked off, driving for 28-29 years never had a crash or claim, now had 2

in 8 months. Think when its sorted, me and the Rav will be parting company.

Deep breath's Dave. Nice and calm........OK!

Very sorry to read your very sad story and see the resulting damage. I hope it can all be fixed very soon. You have a wonderful RAV, that is a credit to you even when you are taking pictures of unfortunate damage.

All the best mate :thumbsup:

Dave ma man.

Mitherwell station is no exactly friendly whither yer oan foot oar in ra car.

However it jist goes to prove that 5 doors have distinct disadvantages as that would never have happened wi a 3 door!!

Dinna try an tel me it wis yer diesel engine either cos theres plenty o diesels aroon Motherwell station that dinnae crash intae walls. Mind ye, they run on rails :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cannae trust these angry train drivers - in a wuruld o there ain!!

Seriously, I hope you're able tae fix yer 5 DOOR RAV bumper etc easily so ye can trade i fur a Chinese 3 door model....?? :o

Dave ma man.

Mitherwell station is no exactly friendly whither yer oan foot oar in ra car.

However it jist goes to prove that 5 doors have distinct disadvantages as that would never have happened wi a 3 door!!

Dinna try an tel me it wis yer diesel engine either cos theres plenty o diesels aroon Motherwell station that dinnae crash intae walls. Mind ye, they run on rails :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cannae trust these angry train drivers - in a wuruld o there ain!!

Seriously, I hope you're able tae fix yer 5 DOOR RAV bumper etc easily so ye can trade i fur a Chinese 3 door model....?? :o

Bothy such kind and sincere words....Sure Dave will take comfort in them... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now Dave Listen....Get the RAV sorted..it's only superficial damage...I would have probably flattened the driver and sending this reply from the police cell....Don't sell it....

Think of the get together next year and the laugh we can all have...What with you being the DJ for the evening and SHCM doing the entertainment with his sock puppets....All the RAV's parked in the furthest corner of the car park with massive gaps between them....We need to align ourself's in a landing strip formation to light up the runway, ready for Wing Commander Bothy and his Phantom Jet RAV ..... B) B) B) B)

wot was the number o the thread fur rear radar sensors when reversing 5 door ravs???

Dave - I'll offer ye the chance o driving ma minibus so ye can get uised tae the length...an dinna worry aboot the rear bumper cos it has the same damage - probably frae the same wall!

Think of the get together next year and the laugh we can all have...What with you being the DJ for the evening and SHCM doing the entertainment with his sock puppets....

That should be wild! :lol::lol::lol:

Dave

Now that bothy's counselling has helped you part way through this trauma I have a plan for the rest;

1. Get the bumper from Kingo and have it painted.

2. Have it sent to me.

3. Take Wifey M to see grandson.

4. Drop her off and continue south to the anchorcave (about another 30 miles) and I will fit the bumper for you and provide you with plenty of brews and you can pet Flossie. Don't worry about that bit of trim I will sort it out. It takes about one and a half hours from Preston so for half a day you/wifey can see the lad and get your car sorted for nowt (other than Kingos bill).

You will need a passout to get past the wall but just go to the gate and ask for Mickey the fish (he isn't actually a fish) who will let you through. The wall runs up to Carlisle which everybody knows is in Scotland but what they don't know is we recaptured it and put it back in England.

Now having sorted it all out we can stop this talk of ditching the RAV which gives you so much pleasure. Its not the car it is down to the train driver and I think Duncs will agree that it was probably one of the old hand BR men who have the worst attitude on planet earth. They don't know what it is like in the real world because they have been pampered for so long. There is nothing worse than somebody sounding off with the horn and your holding back from decking the @sshole is commendable. In fact if you had got out and said "boo" he would have probably gone sick for 6 months - he was probably only hacked off because he had been asked to drive a train instead of sitting on his butt watching telly in the mess room.

Remember what we told chatman when he had a calamity?

Chin up mate we'll sort it out.

Ow :( accidents suck.... hope it gets sorted quickly and at little cost.

I personally automatically react to being beeped by sticking my middle finger in the air.... fortunately havn't done it to anyone I know yet or police. Too many impatient stupid people on the roads today, worse still many don't even appear to know how to overtake sensibly....

I hope the one that bugged you gets his much deserved comeuppance real soon....

Just seen this Dave, my Sympathies.

My advice would be try not to over react about getting rid of the RAV. We all feel a bit like that (well I do anyway), if we get a scrape.

I also hate the idea of body shops "fixing" it. However, the offers of a certain kind gent on here means you shouldn't have that worry and I'm sure when it's fixed you'll soon feel much better about it.

Yes, there are some impatient (and dangerous) a*seh*les about. Makes you want to buy a second hand tank (but it would be a diesel I suppose and I couldn't afford the gallons per mile).

Cheers

Think of the get together next year and the laugh we can all have...What with you being the DJ for the evening and SHCM doing the entertainment with his sock puppets....

That should be wild! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, the evening should just fly by :rolleyes::unsure:

Sorry to see Christmas as not been good to you Dave :( but on the plus side... you're not going to court with an assault charge against you in the new year or worse the other guy could of have had a knife :o ....keep smiling mate !

Hi Dave,

I'm new to TOC and am sad to see your poor Rav is looking poorly. Looks like the boys on here will get you all sorted though.... My Rav Rowan is still nursing two teeth marks on the bonnet where someones horrid horse tried to eat him! :angry: So I am in total appreciation to where you are coming from and how gutted you must be feeling... And please don't sell your Rav... :(

Good luck with the fixing....

Rowan :D

Sorry to see Christmas as not been good to you Dave :( but on the plus side... you're not going to court with an assault charge against you in the new year or worse the other guy could of have had a knife :o ....keep smiling mate !

Thank you all for your kind words, you have cheered this plonker up no end :) :)

As for changing the Rav, well if you remember a while back on another thread about the amount of cars I have had

I told you my wife will divorce me if I get rid of the Rav (that could be worth thinking about :lol: ). Any way she

called my bluff yesterday by asking what I would change it for ? That stumped me, still cant give an answer, other

than maybe a 4.3. But as the diesel 4.3's are very expensive, I cant see that happening any time soon so looks like

Nemo is here for a while yet. When Kingo gets back to me with price of bumper I will decide wether to do it myself or

get insurance involved. Worry is that if I do it and then find other damage, so will wait and see.

So there I was today at Hadrians wall flashing my butt at you lot again and none of you were in sight :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats the second sunday in a row. I was down collecting my niece and two great nephews who are coming up for new year.

Her poor husband had to stay ay home and look after the pub. Oh dear life is so hard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad you're feeling Better about things Dave.

So there I was today at Hadrians wall flashing my butt at you lot again and none of you were in sight :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well of course not :rolleyes: . The lads were :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:, I was camouflaged as a sock and Anchormatey may have had his fleece disguise on. Mind you, you did crack the lenses on the lads binoculars at 500 yards :lol:

Thats the second sunday in a row. I was down collecting my niece and two great nephews who are coming up for new year.

Her poor husband had to stay ay home and look after the pub. Oh dear life is so hard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a choice! Hogmanay or New Year in a pub. Some people get all the luck :lol:

Well of course not :rolleyes: . The lads were :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:, I was camouflaged as a sock and Anchormatey may have had his fleece disguise on. Mind you, you did crack the lenses on the lads binoculars at 500 yards :lol:

I was in the flock of sheep speed dating with flossy... :lol: :lol:

Also I hear the young lad above had to be stretchered away with severe post traumatic stress disorder, following the lens cracking incident, and is now receiving counselling and 24/7 care following the sight he saw....Not spoken yet just has the 1000 yard stare :nerd:

ah, would that be one baa for "no", two baas for "yes" and three baas for "Yes Yes Yes..............again please"? I know the drill! :D.

There's a serious (?) point here. Flossy's bleeting, could blow our cover. She needs to be taught to baa in a Cumbrian accent, to blend in with the rest of the flock :D

Also I hear the young lad above had to be stretchered away with severe post traumatic stress disorder, following the lens cracking incident, and is now receiving counselling and 24/7 care following the sight he saw....Not spoken yet just has the 1000 yard stare :nerd:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Yes, that "Devils in Skirts" (Carry On Up The Khyber) manoeuvre, has a lot to answer for. Highly dangerous weapon. Should be banned under international treaty IMHO. :D.

Anyone for Tiffin by the way?

Thank you all for your kind words, you have cheered this plonker up no end :) :)

As for changing the Rav, well if you remember a while back on another thread about the amount of cars I have had

I told you my wife will divorce me if I get rid of the Rav (that could be worth thinking about :lol: ). Any way she

called my bluff yesterday by asking what I would change it for ? That stumped me, still cant give an answer, other

than maybe a 4.3. But as the diesel 4.3's are very expensive, I cant see that happening any time soon so looks like

Nemo is here for a while yet.

:thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup:

Hey, your going to give my RRRR'S a complex :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, your going to give my RRRR'S a complex :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it's good enough for Mel Gibson....... :unsure::lol::lol:

Dave, what have you done!! :o

Anyway, looks like you're felling a bit better now, and have come to your senses re selling up.

Hope you get it sorted with the minimum of fuss.

BTW, what a great offer from anchorman. No, not helping you fix your bumper for you, but flossie :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links