Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Compressor

kangzy

hi guys,

looking to buy the typhoon induction kit for my compressor (thanks to hoovers post) as i have just had my new custom exhaust a sorted at apdear price of £420 but cant complain it sounds awesome.. ive just a couple of question really.

called up scott and obviously there are 2 types to buy..either the normal k57i kit or the typhoon kit... so far after vigorous testing the typhoon kit comes up top with an extra 9bhp compared to the k57i.. my question is what makes the typoon kit that much more effective?? (sorry if this topic has been covered already)

and... after reeding numerous post by many of you compresor owners.. some of you have fitted the normal typhoon kit(meant for the t-sport) to your compressor. is there any difference between the new typhoon kit for the compressor to the normal typhoon kit for the ts.. apart from the extra black wiring??

many thanks..

and happy new year to you all!!

Shaun

Dunno about power increases but have a look on youtube for compressor with typhoon kit and youll really love the sound it makes. Didnt think there was any difference between the TS and the Compressor typhoon kits, as i was gonna change from a TS to compressor sometime in the near future and use the one i have on it.

i'm confused have they released a typhoon kit for the compressor :huh:

though that sounds nice, may have to invest in one :D

well after talking to Scott they have or are about to release the typhoon kit for compressor.. testing on compressor (thanks to hoovers car...cheers mate) showed that there was a 21bhp gain for the 57i kit and the about 24bhp for the typhoon kit.

both use the normal kit meant for the ts (part number: 69-8751) but with different instructions.

just ordered mine..£199. fingers crossed!

My car goes really well now,I am very surprised at BHP gain,but not complaining :D and also at my MPG has also increased

all in all a very good mod.

If anybody needs any help contact (SCOTT) at K&N 01925636950.

HOOVER :thumbsup:

My car goes really well now

why wat was wrong wit it before stu?

Hi Nothing wrong with the car before, just surprised by the difference the Typhoon kit makes to the performance of the car.

well after talking to Scott they have or are about to release the typhoon kit for compressor.. testing on compressor (thanks to hoovers car...cheers mate) showed that there was a 21bhp gain for the 57i kit and the about 24bhp for the typhoon kit.

both use the normal kit meant for the ts (part number: 69-8751) but with different instructions.

just ordered mine..£199. fingers crossed!

do you know , Are they going to re-work one for the standard CTS? 24bhp is really good. the supercharger must really help!

newishstuff002-1.jpg

Hi, This is my induction on my Compressor, I made it myself, all the cable ties in thepic have now been replaced with metal supports and I have a cold air feed from unde the car!!

Hi Nothing wrong with the car before, just surprised by the difference the Typhoon kit makes to the performance of the car.

Is it a big difference compared to the old powertec you had on?

looking at the part number its the same kit for the t-sport ,which i had fitted to my compressor but like you say its tight on the wiring i had mine dyno,d with the typhoon on and it was 218 bhp so must of lost some bhp somewhere or should of had higher results with typhoon on :(

looking at the part number its the same kit for the t-sport ,which i had fitted to my compressor but like you say its tight on the wiring i had mine dyno,d with the typhoon on and it was 218 bhp so must of lost some bhp somewhere or should of had higher results with typhoon on :(

hi there mate, did you by any chance dyno it to find out wat u were running before u put the typhoon kit on??

hi there mate, did you by any chance dyno it to find out wat u were running before u put the typhoon kit on??

no i didn,t but would,ve of been the best way really .just started to run car on v power and reset ecu and definetly improved running and pick up,a bit pricey but when you spend all that money on a performance car don,t think you should skimp on the fuel if you want the best out of the car.

Guest mightyandrew

hi

I spoke to Scott at (K&N) last week been talking about the K&N filter for the compressor he told me both 57i kit and typhoon kit compatible with the compressor he told me you will notices the different after installing the K&N filter and gaining about 20 -24BHP. Scott told me to order it from demon tweeks (speak to Nick Smith from demon tweeks) because it shipped out directly from K&N warehouse which you will receive it a lot quicker. So I decided to get a typhoon kit and ordered mine last week. It came 2day (Monday afternoon) I installed it straight away. When I road test it with the typhoon kit installed OMG it sound much nicer because you can heard the supercharged whine outside the car and inside the car it sound much better now :lol: . Also I notice the different in power gain. :D

I’m very happy about the BHP gain and the sound making now wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…… that’s the supercharged :D :P

hi

I spoke to Scott at (K&N) last week been talking about the K&N filter for the compressor he told me both 57i kit and typhoon kit compatible with the compressor he told me you will notices the different after installing the K&N filter and gaining about 20 -24BHP. Scott told me to order it from demon tweeks (speak to Nick Smith from demon tweeks) because it shipped out directly from K&N warehouse which you will receive it a lot quicker. So I decided to get a typhoon kit and ordered mine last week. It came 2day (Monday afternoon) I installed it straight away. When I road test it with the typhoon kit installed OMG it sound much nicer because you can heard the supercharged whine outside the car and inside the car it sound much better now :lol: . Also I notice the different in power gain. :D

I’m very happy about the BHP gain and the sound making now wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…… that’s the supercharged :D :P

did you get a section of wiring loom with this kit for tyhe air flow sensor as this is where it pulls on the wires .have you got part number for kit i think its the same kit as for the tsport

Guest mightyandrew

hi i didnt get a section of wiring loom for the air flow sensor, wot i did is i unwarp the insulator tape on the air flow sensor wiring and stretch a bit of wire to the tycoon kit, the kit is same as the tsport part no: 69-8751

10012008420.jpg

10012008422.jpg

heres a picture with the typhoon kit installed on my compressor

ye installed mine as well last week.. did you still feel the lift afterwards?

Guest mightyandrew
10012008420.jpg

10012008422.jpg

heres a picture with the typhoon kit installed on my compressor

ye installed mine as well last week.. did you still feel the lift afterwards?

i havent push the car yet when i installed the kit cos ive been busy preparing my uni exams... so when i free i will test it again but can u feel the lift???

I must be honest but the effect of the lift is so soft on a Compressor I can't feel the difference with or without an induction kit fitted.

Much better sound with the induction kit though :thumbsup:

I must be honest but the effect of the lift is so soft on a Compressor I can't feel the difference with or without an induction kit fitted.

Much better sound with the induction kit though :thumbsup:

the thing is chris before i had the induction it on.. i could really feel the lift and it would kick it quite hard esp in gear 2. but now the induction kit seems to have smoothed things off.

wierd. maybe my car was different.

i am sceptical that you get 21-24hp increaese for the following reasons.

1. Standard filter is a closed system so the air Has to go through the filter. with the K and N you've got an open system that can take hot air from around the exhaust manifold.

2. 10% power gain from a filter is unbelievable.

3. when you are driving with the standard filter you get a ram pressure increase. with a K and N - you don't.

i am sceptical that you get 21-24hp increaese for the following reasons.

1. Standard filter is a closed system so the air Has to go through the filter. with the K and N you've got an open system that can take hot air from around the exhaust manifold.

2. 10% power gain from a filter is unbelievable.

3. when you are driving with the standard filter you get a ram pressure increase. with a K and N - you don't.

your not the only one - trying to organise a rolling road day so we will soon see......... i've read that some filters increase airflow by decreasing filtration which aint good news.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links