Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5eFHE

Iceman_Chapman

• 1 year later...

You can also use the 5EFHE with the 4EFTE harness and ECU, the CT9 turbo and manifold from the 4EFTE, with a set of 370CC injectors from a N/A Supra with a AFC for fine tuning. Using a base timing of 5 degrees this combination is very reliable as a daily driver and a blast to drive. This is the combination I am currently running in my Tercel. The other option is to have an exhaust manifold made, use either a Mitsubishi 16G or 20G turbo with either an SDS or Megasquirt stand alone computer system and you can make 190 to 210 at the wheels on 93 Octane using the 440CC injectors from a MR2 driven daily using 15 to 16 PSI of boost. Since not all 93 Octane fuels are the same additional safety may be provided by adding a bottle of 104+ Octane booster. Please note the engine is still internally stock.

to give the 5efhe some extrra poke to match the 4eftes standard 133bhp shouldent be too hard

manifold,,, free flowing exhaust and chip should be enough to get to that figure

hey artmull i was woundering were in south florida is the best place or where i can pick up the 5efhe motor or at lest the top end i live in plantation/davie and i have checked everywhere around here and have had no luck please help

to give the 5efhe some extrra poke to match the 4eftes standard 133bhp shouldent be too hard

manifold,,, free flowing exhaust and chip should be enough to get to that figure

I would disagree with this.

Normally aspirated tuning is quite expensive for little returns. The exhaust manifold can be improved, the pipes are the right diameter but the wrong length.

But that, and a chip will not give 25bhp+ on a non turbo car.

Andrew

Andrew how much would a 5efhe cost from yourself for the lot to swap into a starlet

also how much for the 4efte with loom and wiring?

5E-FHE's are pretty hard to come by as they are quite rare.

I normally ask around £ 400 for a secondhand engine with average miles, supplied with an ECU and fuel pump and a partial loom. You will find that most of the loom will be OK but you will need to add one or two wires.

For a 4E-FTE its best to buy a front cut. You'd probably spend £ 1500, but you a lot of useful extras, eg a spare radiator, suspension, body panels etc.,

Andrew

hey toyotaseraco.uk....how many km do you guys get on a stock good condition 5efhe? and a 4efte?

hey toyotaseraco.uk....how many km do you guys get on a stock good condition 5efhe? and a 4efte?

km? do you mean horse power?

sera's are 115bhp and i've had mine ( following a volvo at 120mph)

Tim

Seras give 110ps (metric horsepower) which translates to 108bhp .

im sorry i meant kilometer/ liter. or miles per gallonf. or even better how many kilometers/ full tank of petrol.

another question i had was with the 5efhe sera repair manuals you recived.. did you buy them from the dealer? if so how much? also is it ok if you can post the part # for it. The toyota dealer here can special order TRD and other stuff. Just as long as i have the part #. It is in english right?

the 5E-FHE manual is book 63026 but its japanese only.

how far can you drive before you need to fill up your tank with the 5efhe motor? on a full tank of gas i get 512 kilometers with a 5efhe(using 5efe injectors and 5efe ecu & harness). this translates to 320miles per tank of gas. is this what others are getting? or more? my fear is the mixmatching of 5efe stuff and 5efhe stuff is hurting my fuel economy.

how big is a tercel tank? is your driving a mix of town and country driving. i get arond 370km per 30/32 litres in town and country driving. on a long run i get an extra 100km.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links