Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 4age Bike Carb Conversion

RedNeck 92 Gti-16

Just about every place that i find people have done this conversion, they all say the same thing. That motorcycle sourced, quad carbs converted on to your car. Out perform the twin webber application by far, although the route of twin 40's etc seem to be the most popular.

Am i on to something, here? I mean, a good set of webbers can cost between £200 and £500, but you can buy a set of bike carbies for a measley £100. Omittedly, there will be the problem of fabricating a manifold, but thats no biggy.. I'm up for doing this conversion.

Anybody have any experience here? All input appreciated :yahoo:

m_e60846679d1cf7eb7a3f8bb931d6d02d.jpg

This is the car, its a 1992 Twinny Gti. Championship winning car in 2007..

m_0412c17d8c1c3c8ad4c017b2fb7e8b14.jpg

If the bike carb conversion goes ahead and ends up working...

m_e21fa1917f3228d585c166347d0eeb91.jpg

This'll get a dollop of the same flavouring. Thanks again!! :P

i'm trying a similar thing, i'm doing a R1 throttle body conversion to my 4A-FE engine. Bogg bros will fabricate the manifold for £190 i just have to send them the throttle bodies and the gasket for the cylinder head to intake manifold, but then i'm going to do a resistor pack to get the injectors to work with the ECU, then custom ECU jobbie. Let me know how your carb converson goes, i've heard good thing abou them on other vehicles like corsa's and such like.

Just about every place that i find people have done this conversion, they all say the same thing. That motorcycle sourced, quad carbs converted on to your car. Out perform the twin webber application by far, although the route of twin 40's etc seem to be the most popular.

Am i on to something, here? I mean, a good set of webbers can cost between £200 and £500, but you can buy a set of bike carbies for a measley £100. Omittedly, there will be the problem of fabricating a manifold, but thats no biggy.. I'm up for doing this conversion.

hi think of going this route let me know how it all goes, power gains, fuel consumption etc

seen a 4a-ge in banzai with 1800cc thanks to 7a-fe crank and custom pistons. throttle bodies with sealed cold air feed and was putting out 250BHP!!! wouldnt like the fuel bill though........

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I am a newbie on here but have a 4A-GE engine with a RAW supplied trac-pac in my Tiger kit car.

It is running on twin 45 Dellorto's and an Omex ECU at the moment but I have just bought a set of CBR carbs to play with. I would be interested in seeing how you are doing you inlet manifold....post some pics once you get started. :)

Cheers...Mark

would it not be easier and better to put 20v ITB's on it ??

• 1 year later...

Hi iv just read this post. iv just finished fitting a set of gsxr throttle bodies to my 4age. you cn check out my post on club ae82 website

http://www.ae82.net/showthread.php?1991-Suzuki-GSX-R-Throttle-bodies

it runs well enough on standerd ecu an injectors. bit of a miss on light trottle but will have to check fueling before i do anything else. also a short vid on you tube with sound of it.

go for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links