Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Windscreen Wipers - Rubbish Or Just Mine?

Starmonkey

Okay, so I've had my Auris for just under a year and the wipers have always been rubbish. They clear lovely when they go up :) , but drag water across on their way back :( . I therefore get lovely vision when it rains for about half a second.

I've asked my local dealership to replace them twice, but each time they just clean the windscreen and give the arms a wiggle about. As luck would have it, it's never raining when they return the car.

Am I the only person who has wipers that constantly smear? Driving at night is really iffy.

I've tried to get replacements at Halfords, but Auris replacements are not listed.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know which replacements I should get? Oh yes, I have tried all sorts of cleaning methods (vinegar, lemon, etc) but it's definitely the wipers.

Thanks up front.

Okay, so I've had my Auris for just under a year and the wipers have always been rubbish. They clear lovely when they go up :) , but drag water across on their way back :( . I therefore get lovely vision when it rains for about half a second.

I've asked my local dealership to replace them twice, but each time they just clean the windscreen and give the arms a wiggle about. As luck would have it, it's never raining when they return the car.

Am I the only person who has wipers that constantly smear? Driving at night is really iffy.

I've tried to get replacements at Halfords, but Auris replacements are not listed.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know which replacements I should get? Oh yes, I have tried all sorts of cleaning methods (vinegar, lemon, etc) but it's definitely the wipers.

Thanks up front.

I changed over to Valeo Silencio X-TRM'se http://www.valeoservice.com/html/unitedkin...2646D6A198B8E63

xtrm.jpg

Although I've not experienced any problems with the original fitments I'm not going to replace them with Toyota parts due to cost. Digiman do you happen to have the product code numbers for the sizes of Valeo you fitted?

Many Thanks.

I had a similar problem,but i think it was due to the fact that the washers were squirting the water below the wipers. I took the car back twice, and on the third time they fixed it. Apparently, the angle at which it squirts water at the screen is fixed, there is no adjustment. The actual washer has 3 different sorts. i think its one at 5 degrees, one at ten degrees and one at fifteen degrees. Tell your garage you want the angle changing. Mine now works ok. :)

Hi guys - thanks for the responses. If anyone does know the actual product code, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks again.

I needed to look this up as I have been asked before and driving an Auris I was curious. You couldnt think this one up so here goes.

The washer nozzles are fixed and do not adjust. If the washer jet does not hit the right area, you have to change the jet!

85381-12340 is -2 degrees (lowest on screen)

85381-12330 is 0 degrees (mid point on screen)

85381-12350 is + 2 degrees (highest on screen)

A trip to your dealer is on the cards I think, get it sorted under warranty, I told you it couldnt be thought up! :blush:

Kingo :thumbsup:

From here

HTH

Although I've not experienced any problems with the original fitments I'm not going to replace them with Toyota parts due to cost. Digiman do you happen to have the product code numbers for the sizes of Valeo you fitted?

Many Thanks.

The Valeo wipers i use is on passenger side UM600 (400mm) & and on drivers side UM702 (650mm) this is on a Left hand drive.

This is very strange but I sent an email to Valeo about the items Digiman listed as I could not find a dealer to supply them. Valeo told me that these wipers were not suitable for an Auris and infact they did not produce a modern wiper yet for the Auris range. Weird?

Digiman if you are reading this are the UM600 and 702 the same lengths as the original fitment?

Have you priced genuine ones?

I will post the prices tomorrow

Genuine blades are £50 a pair :eek: ..........Shocked myself on that one

You can buy replacement rubbers for Auris........£14.95 per pair delivered

Toyota have a range of "Optifit" blades which fit most models and are specific for cars over 6 years of age, they come out at £15.99 a pair delivered and are great blades. I cant justify the Auris blades :eek:

This is very strange but I sent an email to Valeo about the items Digiman listed as I could not find a dealer to supply them. Valeo told me that these wipers were not suitable for an Auris and infact they did not produce a modern wiper yet for the Auris range. Weird?

Digiman if you are reading this are the UM600 and 702 the same lengths as the original fitment?

It is the same length on that pair as it is on the OEM Wipers.

post-47097-1201268515_thumb.jpg

post-47097-1201268528_thumb.jpg

post-47097-1201268538_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for you input Digiman. I see it's still snowing in Sweden.

Looks like they're the ones I need.

Trico Neoform might be a good repalcement for OEM wipers too, same beam blade design as the Valeo Silencio X-TRM.

NF650 & NF400 is the ones to use.

post-47097-1201454895_thumb.jpg

Toyota have a range of "Optifit" blades which fit most models and are specific for cars over 6 years of age, they come out at £15.99 a pair delivered and are great blades. I cant justify the Auris blades :eek:

Just got mine for £11.99 both Pass and driver as i complained about them being rubbish and only lasting 6 months !!! getting my new washer jets next week too, my wipers are crying as they wont get their regular wash and are jealous the windscreen will get all the screen wash from now on !!! come on toyota sort it out !!!

I've had my 1.6 TR for two weeks now. Along with the squeaky brakes, the washers seem to spray the screen wash under the Wiper Blades. Which replacement washers should I ask my dealer for?

• 3 months later...

Hello Digiman!

I bought today Valeo wipers (60 and 40cm), they are good but there is one thing wrong...

The "lockers" (those in the 3rd picture with text VALEO) are too long. When I try to turn them

and make locked, they go over, to the metal part and get stuck, so they don't lock. How to make

them fit, or maybe it's because of the wrong model?

(Is it bad to drive with them unlocked? The blades are pretty tight and haven't gone anywhere, but those

lockers are made so I think it's not the best solution to drive without using them?)

Hello Digiman!

I bought today Valeo wipers (60 and 40cm), they are good but there is one thing wrong...

The "lockers" (those in the 3rd picture with text VALEO) are too long. When I try to turn them

and make locked, they go over, to the metal part and get stuck, so they don't lock. How to make

them fit, or maybe it's because of the wrong model?

(Is it bad to drive with them unlocked? The blades are pretty tight and haven't gone anywhere, but those

lockers are made so I think it's not the best solution to drive without using them?)

Is it the UM600 and 702 that you have?

If they are the ones you have, maybe you have not fitted them correctly.

Yes they are them, maybe it's just me doing something wrong :/

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have just changed my wipers to Bosch Super Plus and found them to be excellent. But I cannot for the love of all that's holy, figure out how to remove/change the rear 12" wiper.

From this pic can you tell me what I have to squeeze, twist or pull.

dscf1515ef7.th.jpg

I've looked through the manual and can't find anything. Also the forum threads only go into changing the fronts, unless I missed it.

Is it a Toyota only part? Does the whole assembly down to the nut that holds it on have to be replaced?

Thanks in Advance..............

Went down to Local Toyota and it is a replace the rubber only for about £4, or you change the entire arm right down to the nut if you need to renew due to weak springs.

The rear blade detaches from the top of the arm, it just pops off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links