Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leaks On Side Windows

GIDDLEPIN

One of the most common causes of water in the passenger/driver foot wells is the little plastic guide half way up the door pillars (see pictures).

To check if this is the culprit just get a hose pipe and spray in the area of the guide and you should see water running down the inside of the glass.

They are supported by a metal bracket that can be easily bent, I have done this to show what it is like in the second picture and the third picture shows what it should be like.

If the plastic guide is missing and the metal support remains, this can still cause a distortion to the rubber seal and should be bent out of the way making a nice even seal against the window.

stmeetforAygo025.jpg

Wrong position

stmeetforAygo026.jpg

How it should look with nice straight seal

stmeetforAygo027.jpg

I remember seeing a part number for the plastic tabs (I'm sure it was on this site...) - but I can't find it for the life of me! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The piece of metal is still there on my MR-S, so I've bent it out to stop the leak and it works gret. I just need to buy the plastic cover for the flexible metal strip...

Okay - weirdest thing ever... As I've said above, no water is coming in and running down the window now - but there is nor water in the footwell, where there never was before! I can't work this out for the life of me. If this car wasn't so goddamn good looking I would've got rid of it months ago! ;)

• 1 year later...
I've noticed one of these is missing on my car, does anyone know where I get one from?

Thanks,

James.

Hi James

The only place I can think of is MrT's ;)

Ok cool, I'll have to give them a call.

This guide was very useful though, as I couldn't figure out where the water was coming in. Then I saw that the metal was bent back and had been trapped against the seal! Cheers for the help.

I've attached a parts guide that I found, although I'm not sure which one it is on here. Do you have any ideas? I'm not sure it would even be on here due to the size!

Thanks.

Toyota_MR2_Mk3_Parts_List.pdf

Ok cool, I'll have to give them a call.

This guide was very useful though, as I couldn't figure out where the water was coming in. Then I saw that the metal was bent back and had been trapped against the seal! Cheers for the help.

I've attached a parts guide that I found, although I'm not sure which one it is on here. Do you have any ideas? I'm not sure it would even be on here due to the size!

Thanks.

Glad to be of help James and thanks for the parts guide, I'll put it in the "Hints & Tips" section :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links