Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Deer!

anchorman

I had these photos sent to me recently. They have done the rounds so some will have seen them but this is an astonishing example of just how much damage an animal can do to a car if you hit it hard enough. This BMW sports car has aparently hit a deer at 140 mph and it has entered through the tiny kidney shaped grill and lodged in the engine bay - under the plastic covers!. I would like to know more about whether the car was repaired or written off so if anybody knows please advise.

This is not a prank so if you cannot stand the sight of blood or love animals do not scroll down the page. You have been warned.............

untitled.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

deer, deer, what a mess.

Now, where's the saddle part for the fillet?? It's probably cooked to rare as I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

lucky for the deer it didnt suffer, that is gross.......imagine if it had hit a person at the same speed, n there was me thinking that german roads had maximum speed limits too (even the autobahns do now, don't they?) :(

I think some urban ones do and the others have a recommendation but it isn't enforced.

How the hell was there not more damage to the front of the car. Did it jump towards the car or something! That's got to be a young deer, as an adult would've done more damage and not got 'scooped' up.

Pretty STAGgering really, what a RUTT to get into, :yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup:

Aye - I've seen venison smoked; roasted; seared; vacuum packed; but never canned!

Bet it was chasing a low flying Grouse!! Trying tae wing it oe'r the road wi-oot saying a prayer furst; an took the smile aff the beemer! Waurs thae horns gone but? Oh sorry - the horns are now an added value extra at a price!! :yahoo: Typical BMW!

• 2 weeks later...

For a living I own a light haulage company

about 10 years ago I had a job delivering truck parts to the army who were on exercise in Ullapool, they'd managed to snap some drawbar trailer eyes and the trailers were stuck on the beach I was about 30 miles away on some twisty road in June at 1am, it was that sort of 1/2 light, the sort where it's not really daylight but your headlights don't do much.

I was trying to get there ASAP so was giving the van a bit of welly, I came around a bend and there were about 5 or 6 deer stood in the road, :eek: I braked and swerved and amazingly I missed the lot, I slowed down the rest of the way, having seen that picture i'm glad I missed them, I wasn't doing 140 BTW, transit vans don't go that fast ;)

Worst bit was i'd done my best to get there as quick as possible, next morning I got a phone call asking where the :censor: parts were, the squaddie i'd given them to had put them on the back of a truck and hadn't told anyone they'd arrived

I wasn't doing 140 BTW, transit vans don't go that fast ;)

They do so and Astra vans do 160mph!!!

Pretty STAGgering really, what a RUTT to get into, :yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup:

maybe that poor old deer was blind and would have had no eye deer the bmw was coming. or it could have been on its way home from a stag night :lol:

Obviously it wisnae a Glasgae deer !! The Beemer wud be in flames an the deer stood on looking!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links