Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelt Warning Sound

Grave

Warning !!! Do not disable the sound if you don't know what you're doing !!!

This post I found in another thread and it's written for the Avensis i think.

This gets rid of the noise but not the light!!

This is how you do it

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

Turn power off

Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

If you don't want to play with your live then leave the sound on!!!

This is how I did it on my Auris:

Turn power off

The display shows B-on

Release the trip-reset button and press it again.

The display shows B-off

Turn power off and release the seatbelt.

After you have fasten the seatbelt you can press the trip-reset button to switch between B-on and B-off.

I didn't found it here so I posted it. Hope it helps others.

grtz

Not being funny or anything, surely a noise indicating your seatbelt is off, is a good thing! Stops you getting fined and dead if you have an accident.

I think all cars should have them and not be able to turn them off. That's my opinion as I'm fed up of seeing plonkers driver around with no seatbelt on!

Not being funny or anything, surely a noise indicating your seatbelt is off, is a good thing! Stops you getting fined and dead if you have an accident.

I think all cars should have them and not be able to turn them off. That's my opinion as I'm fed up of seeing plonkers driver around with no seatbelt on!

If you're to stupid to know that you're not wearing a seatbelt then don't drive. The sound stops after 2 minutes anyway.

If you can't drive with a seatbelt for medical reasons then this is helpfull.

If you have things on the passenger seat that's to heavy then this is helpfull.

If you have heavy items on the seat, then you should put the seatbelt round it really to stop it moving about.

Medical reasons, yes I understand that, but the seat belt could be fasterned before sitting in the seat! That's one way around it.

Yet again my opinion, but if for medical reasons someone can't wear a seatbelt, surely it's not safe for them to drive in case of an accident. for example, when a women is pregnant and gets close to full term a lot say they can't wear a seatbelt. this is either because of comfort or the belt isn't long enough. Surely though regardless of why someone can't wear a seatbelt, if you can't wear it you shouldn't drive. I'm only thinking of the persons safety in this subject and no other reason. I even think taxi/cab drivers should be made to wear them.

If you have heavy items on the seat, then you should put the seatbelt round it really to stop it moving about.

Medical reasons, yes I understand that, but the seat belt could be fasterned before sitting in the seat! That's one way around it.

Yet again my opinion, but if for medical reasons someone can't wear a seatbelt, surely it's not safe for them to drive in case of an accident. for example, when a women is pregnant and gets close to full term a lot say they can't wear a seatbelt. this is either because of comfort or the belt isn't long enough. Surely though regardless of why someone can't wear a seatbelt, if you can't wear it you shouldn't drive. I'm only thinking of the persons safety in this subject and no other reason. I even think taxi/cab drivers should be made to wear them.

Everyone should be able to decide if he wants a sound or not. Everyone knows seatbelts are there for safety and that you should wear them. My girlfriend lives 300 meters from me, the store is another 100 meter. I don't wear seatbelts then. But if i go any further then that i always wear them.

Well all I can say is, that I hope you're never in the situation where you say to yourself "I wished I had put on the belt". Regardless of the distance you travel, you should wear it.

If somethimes you only have to travel 300 - meters, why don't you just walk.

The sound is there to satisfy the Euro NCAP rating, all part of the passive safety features, that is why it is programmed "ON" The more safety features you have, the more points you get, what do points make?............Star ratings, that's what ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

If somethimes you only have to travel 300 - meters, why don't you just walk.

Most of the time if i go to my GF we don't stay at home. But whatever. People who don't like the sound can use this. I changed the First Post to warn people.

Well, it might sound a little weird however I'm trying to find a way to keep it beeping. Is it possible to do that? I don't want it to stop after a while when the seatbelt is off.

My girlfriend lives 300 meters from me, the store is another 100 meter. I don't wear seatbelts then.

Do you have a feature that stops crashes happening within 400 meters of home? I knew a couple of dead people who could have used that.

Used to hate wearing seatbelts.After getting my corolla with the warning buzzer it really irritated me at first.However it did train me to wear my belt which is good for two reasons.First it prevents me picking up needless fixed penalties.Second and most important it could save my life.Now whatever car I get in as my job as a mechanic I belt up automatically warning buzzer or not.Gotta be a good thing.

can be annoying especially if like me you have to move cars about a fair bit. yes use them on the road, but as said if you need a buzzer to tell you to put on you seat belt you shouldn't be driving. do you need a buzzer to remind you to put on your handbrake when parking?

can be annoying especially if like me you have to move cars about a fair bit. yes use them on the road, but as said if you need a buzzer to tell you to put on you seat belt you shouldn't be driving. do you need a buzzer to remind you to put on your handbrake when parking?

And a Buzzer to remind you to put on your lights when it's dark. Or a buzzer if you drive to hard... A buzzer when you cross a full line...

Or disable every button on the radio when you drive.

• 1 month later...
Warning !!! Do not disable the sound if you don't know what you're doing !!!

This post I found in another thread and it's written for the Avensis i think.

This gets rid of the noise but not the light!!

This is how you do it

Turn power off

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

If you don't want to play with your live then leave the sound on!!!

This is how I did it on my Auris:

Turn power off

The display shows B-on

The display shows B-off

After you have fasten the seatbelt you can press the trip-reset button to switch between B-on and B-off.

I didn't found it here so I posted it. Hope it helps others.

grtz

It doesn't work for me... Do i have to wait 10 seconds after trip-reset, or only 5 because I allready spent

5 secs to hold the trip-reset button?

Counter must be on " ODO " ( whole km driven ), not on trip A or B

Read carefully,

Turn power off

The display shows B-on

The display shows B-off

Notice- If you don't want to play with your live then leave the sound on!!!

Counter must be on " ODO " ( whole km driven ), not on trip A or B

Read carefully,

Turn power off

The display shows B-on

The display shows B-off

Notice- If you don't want to play with your live then leave the sound on!!!

Yes, I did understand that... The question was about after what time do I fasten the seatbelt. First press

trip-reset for 5 seconds and then after 10 seconds the seatbelt, or press trip-reset for 5 seconds

and after that there would be only 5 seconds after which I must to fasten the belt...?

Turn power on, ( within 5 seconds ) immediately after turning ignition ON, not after 5 seconds!! press and hold the trip-reset button.

Then after 10 to 15 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Just to remeber !! If you don't want to play with your live then leave the sound on!!!

Like kingo said, every car manufacturer I know has a seatbelt warning buzzer. It not because they overly care about their occupants, its all for NCAP ratings.

And the buzzer isnt their as a reminder, its no coincidence manufacturers choose the most annoying of noises, the point is to make the buzz annoying enough to make the only way of shutting it up is to wear your belt.

Why do people want to turn the seat belt warning buzzer off, if you put children in child seats would you NOT fasten them in. The car manufactures have put the seat belt buzzers in for safety reasons or do people who disable the seat belt buzzer think they know better!!! :censor:

Why do people want to turn the seat belt warning buzzer off, if you put children in child seats would you NOT fasten them in. The car manufactures have put the seat belt buzzers in for safety reasons or do people who disable the seat belt buzzer think they know better!!! :censor:

I put my belt every time when starting the engine. On some short distances (drive to garage) I think, do I have to put it now or not? And sometimes the answer is no. Why should I use the buzzer, if I have no problems with putting the belt, it's just annoying me when I don't WANT to put my belt on.

I put my belt every time when starting the engine. On some short distances (drive to garage) I think, do I have to put it now or not? And sometimes the answer is no. Why should I use the buzzer, if I have no problems with putting the belt, it's just annoying me when I don't WANT to put my belt on.

Did it work? turning of the sound?

What :o - the answer should always be YES. It is against the law to drive ANY distance without a seatbelt but more importantly most accidents happen close to home, so by not using you seat belt for short drives to the garage is foolhardy.

May you live long and prosper - just buckle up

Leave the sound on I say.........

..... the dipped headlights in the Avensis are so poor you can't see that far ahead of you in the dark!

ToyotaTommo: Auris is a whole different thing than Avensis, and I have got Xenons ;)

Flumpsfriend: I meant things like my car's standing 10 meters from my garage's door

and I have to reverse it. Of course, maybe I should still have my belt on, but there is

many many things, which aren't done. We are lazy to use blinkers, we pass other cars

when it's not allowed, we don't stop everywhere where we should etc etc... Of course,

it is not a good reason that we do things wrong, letäs not do anything right.. I'm just

trying to say that maybe it isn't the worst thing if you reverse to your garage without

using your seatbelt :rolleyes:

Grave: Haven't tested yet, but I will let you know when I know! :)

• 6 months later...

Good thread thanks! Often move the cars about at home and there is no need to buckle up, its a cul de sac and even if I did crash then nothing would hurt at all!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links