Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Problem

celica 1

please read this if your thinking your car is one of the dodgy engines .. it tells you all about it and that in a nut Shell its down to old oil as you will see ... if the link dont work will some one please let me know asap and ill sort it . cheers chaps russ

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.p...ost&id=7847

or this

index.pdf

Good read! Does anyone know exactly what is classed as excessive? It doesn't seem to say in the PDF...? I understand that a litre every few hundred miles is far too much, but whats the lower limit? I get through a couple of litres between service intervals, which I still think is a little unreasonable compared to every other car I've owned (which have consumed none), and would be interested in pursuing this if I have a case with Mr T!

• 3 weeks later...

my brothers celica has a slight oil burn problem.. it has used up the gallon bottle of oil he bought in under 6 months. He doesnt check it very often. Its a x reg 1.8 140 VVTI

My last fiesta had bad piston rings and was bad enought to burn 1 liter in 70 miles, at high revs motorway, or 200 miles for my town commute so I hope he doesnt have same problem.

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links