Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Diagnosing Headlights Not Working

hopwon

Hi, both my headlights stopped working yesterday at the same time. The bulbs are OK, the fuses are OK. The main beams come on when I flash but wont stay on if I push the steering column switch all the way forward.

Could it be a relay?

Has anyone seen this before?

Hi,

it could be the switch itself - that's where I'd start looking anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to make it my task this weekend! Are the steering column switches something that can be repaired in your experience or is a case of visiting the scrap yard for a new one.

you can usally take the switch off and strip it and clean up the contacts they get dirty. sometimes need to replace the switch if has melted from bad connection. good luck

you can usally take the switch off and strip it and clean up the contacts they get dirty. sometimes need to replace the switch if has melted from bad connection. good luck

Thanks Gareth

I did see in the shop the other day the lights just started working and then stopped after the dash was put back together. At first I thought it was a loose connection under the dash but we took the thing apart again and checked everything we could under there and it didn't make a difference. You theory sounds right.

I REALLY am taking the think apart tonight and I will let you know.

Thanks for the help!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links