Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roadster Adventure

GIDDLEPIN

On the 28th of April Anne and I will be embarking on an epic journey from Sproatley to Corfu in Slapa and to say we are looking forwards to it is an understatement ;)

So for those that are interested I thought I would start a thread with information on our journey followed by comments and pictures after the event.

The trip has been organised on another forum, due to one of their members replacing his Roadster. Wanting to show his appreciation for all the help he received, he is offering free accommodation to its club members. He runs one of the best Tavernas on the island and also a very successful travel business focussed on Corfu and other Ionian islands.

THE ACCOMMODATION----CLICKY

The journey starts on Monday 28th with a short hop to stay at another members house who lives 15 minutes away from the Dover ferry, this will give us a nice fresh start for the next leg.

SPROATLEY TO DOVER

Sproatley-Dover.jpg

Tuesday we meet up with the other 7/8 Roadsters to catch the 12:00 ferry to Dunkerque and from there the 377 mile drive to an overnight stay in Strasbourg

DUNKERQUE TO STRASBOURG

Dunkerque-Strasbourg.jpg

Wednesday will be the part I'm looking forwards to and that is the drive from Strasbourg to Venice through Germany and Austria.

STRASBOURG TO VENICE

Strasbourg-Venice.jpg

After the long drive to Venice we then have a 22 hour ferry crossing to Corfu where the fun should begin :thumbsup:

Sounds like fun les :thumbsup: Looks like a really nice place to hang out. I'm sure that you will take some pictures for all us to see.

jerry!!

Sounds like fun les :thumbsup: Looks like a really nice place to hang out. I'm sure that you will take some pictures for all us to see.

jerry!!

Got an extra memory card for the EOS that will give me over 1300 pictures and another for the Cybershot that should give about 500, so I might take a picture or two ;) :lol:

Anyone like to take bets on how many miles Les lets me drive???????????????????????

:rolleyes:

Soooooooooooooooooooo looking forwards to this B)

Just got the itinerary of events :eek:

30 days is going to go very slooooowly :yes:

29th - Leave UK on midday ferry, arrive in Strasbourg around 8-9pm

30th - Leave Strasbourg 7-8am, arrive in Venice 10hrs later, Leave Venice on 7pm ferry

31st - Arrive Corfu 5pmish and go to Villa's

1st - I'm sure most will want a day's sleep or at least a non-driving day, so I suggest a meet up in Kassiopi for an evening meal. We can all park on the harbour front - ideal for a group photo.

2nd - Blat up to mount Pantokrator (Highest mountain on Corfu 1000m). Photos and round the North island blast! This is a familiarization trip to introduce you to the finest Greek twisty roads! Lunch at Taverna Agni - Drinks on the house!!!!

3rd - Speedboat day out. Speed boats are being donated by George and Alex Boats, FREE OF CHARGE (Only the cost of fuel to pay for.):

4th - Day off

5th - Mainland Trip (Optional) 1 hour early morning ferry to the mainland. Blast down to Lefkas (Lefkatha) Lunch at Vassiliki - opposite Fiscardo, Kefalonia. Drive back and catch evening ferry back to Corfu.

6th - Day off - spent on a sandy beach at Glyfada.

7th - Farewell BBQ at Nigel's

8th - Leave Corfu at 6am ferry?(i think)

9th - Arrive Venice and spend lazy day driving through alps back to Strasbourg

10th - Leave Strasbourg, Ferry at 4pm then Arrive UK at 6pm and depart for home

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Anybody on Toc with a MK1-3 MR2 is also invited to this event with all the above benefits, ie, free accommodation etc....... ;)

I have to admit, I am jealous, I love all things Greek.

It looks like you will have fun.x

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice! You 2 have a wonderful holiday :thumbsup:

Likewise. I wish I could go - another time maybe.

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links