Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Net Guard To Rav 4.2 Model

chatman

Pictorial on fitting the Net/Dog Guard into the rear of the RAV4.

Time: 5 minutes

Ease: Very Easy to Fit

Firstly you need to un-clip the caps on the roof lining location holes. There is one on the left and one on the right.

DSCF0677.jpg

Then feed the spring loaded metal bar into each side, once in it will click into place.

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0683.jpg

Then fasten the hooks to the retaining points on the boot floor, and pull the straps tight...

DSCF0680.jpg

Once in place you cant then use the roller blind second part of the parcel shelf, as this cant access through the holes of the net. Make sure any valubale items are not left in the boot as they will now be seen.

DSCF0681.jpg

DSCF0682.jpg

post-54968-1207240803_thumb.jpgpost-54968-1207240706_thumb.jpgpost-54968-1207240706_thumb.jpgNow I know why mine doesn't fit.

I dont have pop up clips. All I have is blanking plugs.

I take it I can get replacements from Toyota?

post-54968-1207240803_thumb.jpgpost-54968-1207240706_thumb.jpgpost-54968-1207240706_thumb.jpgNow I know why mine doesn't fit.

I dont have pop up clips. All I have is blanking plugs.

I take it I can get replacements from Toyota?

Ive just recently changed my 4.2 Rav and when i had the net fitted i used the hooks/brackets that came out off the rear seats at bottom and it fitted fine! also gave the dog more room!

McTavish

Bought two of the supports today. £7.14 each. They say I needed four but two will do just now

• 11 months later...

Why not use one of the cheap universal ones that fit on the rear head restraint pillars?

My dogs would try to eat the net if i had one in my car

I have a tow bar fitted...so if my Dog eats or attempts to...he gets a nice run home tied to this.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got one of them guards that fit to the head rest so theres no damage to the roof liner, and they are a solid fixing to the back of seat custom made to rav4 £59

And if i brake hard i have a less risk of a dog coming at high speed towards the back of my head and making a windscreen pizza :yes::yes::yes:

• 5 years later...

Hi all...

Could anyone tell me where the forward tiedown points are on a 2008 xtr (no spare tyre) are please, I have scoured the boot space and rear seat area but can't find any trace of them. I'm hoping to fit a net/dog guard of this type but it's impossible without these anchor points.

I've got a floor type cargo net at the moment to stop the shopping going walk-abouts, but i've had to fix the forward hooks to the lower section of the rear seatbelts, not ideal I know but it's the only place I can find.

I hope the lack of said tiedowns is not another Toyota silly thing like the rear door light... ;-)

Dave

I'm not sure if the 4.3 came with a separation net like the 4.2 that this 6 year old thread refers to. In my owners manual it clearly shows the locations where the net can be located , have you got one for the 4.3 model and what does it say? I found it doesn't stop a dog getting into the drivers footwell as you are driving along the M1.

On your final point , not sure what you mean about the rear door light but why doesn't the front interior light come on unlike the other 2 when the drivers door is opened? This has to be a silly thing , there is a mod but.....

Hi Paul,

I've had a look in the owners manual and it shows a net type fitted, but the lower fixing straps are shown going to the rear tiedowns (the ones next to the rear door) so the net would basically divides the rear cargo space diagonally from roof to rear door, strange but true!

I guess I'll have to find 180 quid for half type Toyota dog guard. :jawdrop:

The problem with the rear door light on the 4.3 is that when the door is open the light illuminates your legs and none of the boot area.

Dave

I have a rav 4 2005, I bought a dog guard full length from eBay .. It fits into the top points like the pictures show. Have some brackets at the bottom that need to be bolted to something but can't work out what .. Any ideas or photos ?

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• 1 month later...

Are you still in need of photos I can grab some if needed, There is two brackets needed.

Bought two of the supports today. £7.14 each. They say I needed four but two will do just now

I took my dog guard out last night and my roof clips broke. Anyone know the part numbers for both sides?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links