Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor 256bhp?

Onk

I'm new to the forum, currently have 05 MR2, looking to get something slightly more practical with good bit of poke. Also like Toyotas so have decided on the T Sport Compressor.

I test drove one today and the salesman told me that with a bit of jiggery pokery just following a sequence of some kind, joe bloggs can tune his Compressor to approx 256 BHP without actually having to pay anything. :D

Has anyone heard similar? Is it true? If so, how do you do it and is it reversible?

Thanks for your help.

i would say its boobies tbh , some people think that the ecu reset gives more power , all it does is reset it to the normal power level after it has went o safe mode - after say its had a tank of normal unleaded ,

I may not be an expert on this forum so I may get proven wrong here

The salesman may be refering to the "ECU mod"

It isn't really a performance mod as such as when you put less then 98 octane fuel in the car, the ECU sets to a lower performance range. When you put 98 fuel again, the ECU doesn't correct automatically

The rumour is that it actually drops the power by 20bhp

a quick search on this forum will find the procedure

turn key so ignition lights iluminate but dont start engine

press full throttle until ecu light on dash flashes 5 times i think - circa 30seconds

release full throttle and start vehicle

hey presto

Interesting, not sure what the Toyota salesman was on about then? I'm sure he said 256 BHP. Might call him tomorrow and ask!

So do you have to run a Compressor on high RON then?

can use normal unleaded but whats the point , might as well buy a T3

press full throttle until ecu light on dash flashes 5 times i think - circa 30seconds

hey presto

Thanks, I couldn't remember it! :lol: it's been a while since i done it to mine

Always ran mine on Shell v-power 99 octane so can't go wrong. I always carry a octane booster in the boot just in case I get caught short

hey presto

does this apply the the n/a cts? will regular unleaded make as much of a difference?

yours shouldnt need it but you never know

tbh i dunno , have neevr tried it ,

all i use is sainsburys super , tried ultimate once with a millers dose in its neck and noticed a difference - mass order of octane booster is under way :)

i might give it a go after iv put a few fills of super in it, see if theres any difference. prob wont be.

if uve been using 95ron you will definatley get a gain , tbh if i had a cts id be using 97ron minimum

Will make sure I have octane booster then just in case, otherwise I'll stick to high RON.

So, can there be any truth behind this power hike Toyota dude spoke of? I guess it should be fairly easy to get to 240 BHP as that is waht the Exige 240R is and that's the same engine.

The Compressor requires 98ron or higher, but there is a legal requirement in the UK that all cars must be able to run on 95ron.. in the Compressor handbook it states that although it will run on 95ron.. prolonged use will cause damage to the engine (knock or something.. can't remember off hand, sorry).. I always use V-Power whenever possible.. think I have only used lower than 98ron on two occasions.

different charger and ecu tho if i have read correctly on tinterweb , no clutch on charger too me thinks

i have an email here tho from oguru clutch ( typo - and charger maker) that says clutch can be changed to proper pulley tho ) same engine as you say and the internal should take it

surely should be able to do a genuine 240 on std boost with intake , and exhaust fully modded

For sure, and I was just reading on one of your other streams that you can get 28 bhp from a K&N alone!

You'd be nearly there without having to do much!

Any other cheap hikes to be had for little cash?

i have a typhoon and i very much doubt 28bhp gain

Interesting, not sure what the Toyota salesman was on about then? I'm sure he said 256 BHP. Might call him tomorrow and ask!

So do you have to run a Compressor on high RON then?

yes - its mapped for 98+! if you use normal 95 you risk detonation.

there is a company called GIAC in UK that remap ECU for VW and Audi and porsche, they do gain more than 30 hps after the remapping the ECU

and their company is distributed all round UK and Europe.

for VW Gold GTI (MK5) after the remap 36.8hp gain

therefore it is possible,

I'm new to the forum, currently have 05 MR2, looking to get something slightly more practical with good bit of poke. Also like Toyotas so have decided on the T Sport Compressor.

I test drove one today and the salesman told me that with a bit of jiggery pokery just following a sequence of some kind, joe bloggs can tune his Compressor to approx 256 BHP without actually having to pay anything. :D

Has anyone heard similar? Is it true? If so, how do you do it and is it reversible?

Thanks for your help.

I've heard there's gains of around 20bhp fittin a decent inducton kit like a K&N typhoon, ordering mine next week so i'll see if that makes a different only want this so can hear the super charger whine more than anything lol.

I think there's post's on here bout remapping or chipping can be done but not reccomended, loadsa problems i think, there is something called an apexi fc think it's like a replacement ecu or something.

someone put on here the other day bout bein able to get intercooler for these lookin around 35bhp gain, have to look in to that.

other things maybe manifold, cams, upgrade throttle body???????

a friend of mine who works at porsche was tellin me bout putting a smaller pully on the super charger which will allow this to work harder, another thing i need to look in to.

i'm quite impressed with the power from standard tho, i don't think the offical 0-60 time of 6.9 is right, my mate got a nissan 200sx runnin bout 240-250bhp an left him at lights the other week until i missed 3rd gear an he caught back, haven't quite got used to quick shift yet lol

really recommend a compressor tho was out in Wales last weekend an the car is brillant on twisty roads, just so much fun if your a driver, an there just so rare an not a lot of people know what they are

mike

yeah apexi FC can help

i saw a corolla tsport from japan before, that added an Apexi FC and HKS E managment computer, and remap his tsport ECU by himself

he used to open his site for public preview, providing software to remap ECU and updating the setting of his car, but now it require authority access.

Thanks for your help.

I've heard there's gains of around 20bhp fittin a decent inducton kit like a K&N typhoon, ordering mine next week so i'll see if that makes a different only want this so can hear the super charger whine more than anything lol.

I think there's post's on here bout remapping or chipping can be done but not reccomended, loadsa problems i think, there is something called an apexi fc think it's like a replacement ecu or something.

someone put on here the other day bout bein able to get intercooler for these lookin around 35bhp gain, have to look in to that.

other things maybe manifold, cams, upgrade throttle body???????

a friend of mine who works at porsche was tellin me bout putting a smaller pully on the super charger which will allow this to work harder, another thing i need to look in to.

i'm quite impressed with the power from standard tho, i don't think the offical 0-60 time of 6.9 is right, my mate got a nissan 200sx runnin bout 240-250bhp an left him at lights the other week until i missed 3rd gear an he caught back, haven't quite got used to quick shift yet lol

really recommend a compressor tho was out in Wales last weekend an the car is brillant on twisty roads, just so much fun if your a driver, an there just so rare an not a lot of people know what they are

mike

the ecu for the compressor isnt remapable.. tried that!

and yea deifnately the most effective way of gaining power from the supercharger would be a lightened smaller pulley..

thats prob my next engine mod...

so much for warrunty then eh...lol!

Thanks everyone for all the useful comments.

Drove a CTS today for comparison to compressor, still prefer the compressor (even though the compressor I drove was probably running on 95 RON as at dealership), but the 'lift' on the CTS that everyone talks about was pretty cool!

So now I am definitely on the hunt for a good compressor!

Once in possession I will certainly consider typhoon, and maybe pulley for SC.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links