Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blob Watch....

Boss Hogg

The aliens are coming. . . .

No not really, but bet i had you fooled!

After reading the varying figures in the 'What mpg are you really getting' thread. I thought it would be interesting, yes my life is that quiet at the mo!, to see if i can increase mind by radically altering my driving style. I usually have a very heavy right foot, every electronic gadget on, phone on charge, heater or aircon on full, and get about 320 out of a full tank. Not the most impressive. The driving is all city, into and out of Birmingham, very stop start.

So, we have done away with all but the most important electrics, as in lights at 5 in the morning, theoretically placed an egg under the accelerator, and generally calmed down.

Full mpg figures when i fill up next but currently 'blob watch' is....

Showing full after 109 miles.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boss Hogg

• PaulGP

• zakelwe

• aygo-bloo

I only know how to drive economically when my petrol bar is flashing and I dont where a petrol station is :lol: but in the itnerest of science (and aliens :unsure: ) I think I should do a test mpg, results would be interesting!

SJx

I have managed to do over 300 miles on half a tank in mine so far (all m-way mind!)

I too have tried being a bit more frugal and noticed a fair improvement! Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

1st blob gone at 118 miles!

What petrol are you using?

I recorded a blob watch on my last fill with v-power & got 131 miles from the 1st blob. Total was 370 miles on 27.3 litres (still 2 blobs showing). Works out just over 61mpg - car now on 900 miles. Mainly A/B roads & little town (always under 70mph).

:cheers:

How the hell do you people get so far on so little in your Aygos, my 1st bar always seems to go at 70, and the the 2nd at 130. No matter if i drive like ive got miss daisy or not.

Don't get me wrong, its averaging high 40's and im perfectly happy with that, it will touch 55 on the motorway, but do you lot fill you cars with helium and tailgate vans to reduce the air resistance or something???

How the hell do you people get so far on so little in your Aygos, my 1st bar always seems to go at 70, and the the 2nd at 130. No matter if i drive like ive got miss daisy or not.

Don't get me wrong, its averaging high 40's and im perfectly happy with that, it will touch 55 on the motorway, but do you lot fill you cars with helium and tailgate vans to reduce the air resistance or something???

My last was 116 to first blob looking for that 400 mile tank again and i dont hang around !

...... but do you lot fill you cars with helium and tailgate vans to reduce the air resistance or something???

D'oh! Our secret's finally out! :fear:

70 on the first bar does seem very low. Which petrol are you using?

I'm keeping a check on my second full tank of v-power. Would recommend it on the results from the first tankful.

Have you had a look at the thread - what mpg are you really getting?

I can't believe there's a thread like this.

Are you lot just trying to rub it in how economical your cars are?!

:lol:

Just for comparison, i get roughly 270miles on 40litres :(

I can't believe there's a thread like this.

Are you lot just trying to rub it in how economical your cars are?!

:lol:

Just for comparison, i get roughly 270miles on 40litres :(

Horses for courses!

I just wanted a basic car to get me from A to B - having moved from London down to the countryside. Does the job and a lot more.

Very happy with mine!

you get more fuel economy if you only half fill the tank too, as there's a lot less weight to lug about ! ( hard to scientifically judge half a tank though, would screw up the blob watch a bit too ! )

you get more fuel economy if you only half fill the tank too, as there's a lot less weight to lug about ! ( hard to scientifically judge half a tank though, would screw up the blob watch a bit too ! )

Good shout!

could just go down to the flasher & put in 15 - 20 litres asap. Wait for the flasher again & then work out your mpg.

For the record :

Petrol is the standard BP stuff, being using it for a while so the car should be used to it by now. Used to put the premium stuff in the roadster but been in two minds about paying more for a car that i bought to cost less.

Driving has been into work in the small hours and back mid afternoon on 30 to 40 mph roads. So not much traffic and the god of traffic lights has been smiling on me! A few days off now, so more shorter journeys will not help.

Only me in the car, and i am a bit lighter than the avatar suggests!

my first bar is always between 70 (town driving) - 90 (mway driving)

NO MATTER how i drive. and usually to the flashing light its about 290 miles.

my first bar is always between 70 (town driving) - 90 (mway driving)

NO MATTER how i drive. and usually to the flashing light its about 290 miles.

Ha Ha, I am not alone. Thank god for that.

I'm keeping a check on my second full tank of v-power. Would recommend it on the results from the first tankful.

Just bog standard unleaded, from BP or Total, when if first got it i was getting much more but has now settled at about 350 a tank and has now done about 1500miles.

Its still an awfull lot better than the hyundai coupe that i had before though which averaged about 28mpg.....

Just bog standard unleaded, from BP or Total, when if first got it i was getting much more but has now settled at about 350 a tank and has now done about 1500miles.

Its still an awfull lot better than the hyundai coupe that i had before though which averaged about 28mpg.....

First blob has gone at 101 miles this time (30 less than last time) & doing the same driving??? Will keep an eye on it.

I weigh 11 stone and have had the first blob go after less than 80miles on the motorway once, now with a bit of practice (it is an auto so changes at about 2k (10,20,30,40mph)when on the flat and seems to keep the revs quite high when going uphill on a small throttle opening) I can make the first blob last to 150miles though usual is 130, quarry trucks are literally a pain in the Rse on the local A roads if you just want to go along at 50mph, which is like most other people, any faster and you just seem to have to wait longer at the next junction, guess I am a boring driver.

I weigh 11 stone and have had the first blob go after less than 80miles on the motorway once, now with a bit of practice (it is an auto so changes at about 2k (10,20,30,40mph)when on the flat and seems to keep the revs quite high when going uphill on a small throttle opening) I can make the first blob last to 150miles though usual is 130, quarry trucks are literally a pain in the Rse on the local A roads if you just want to go along at 50mph, which is like most other people, any faster and you just seem to have to wait longer at the next junction, guess I am a boring driver.

What do you do to make the first blob last 150?

I think most people on this thread & others re: mpg etc - seem to be getting around 400 miles a tank. I'm more than happy with that. Being so new, I'm justing keeping a record on the first few tankfuls - will probably not bother after a while. It is nice to compare with others out there!

What do you do to make the first blob last 150?

I think most people on this thread & others re: mpg etc - seem to be getting around 400 miles a tank. I'm more than happy with that. Being so new, I'm justing keeping a record on the first few tankfuls - will probably not bother after a while. It is nice to compare with others out there!

Ah, you see I'm not. Hence the reason for switching everything off and driving like me nan.

Still not got rid of the second blob yet.......

Just Filled up, rapid beeping on the guage at 315 miles, and 43.6MPG for this tank. About 110miles at rapid motorway pace, and the rest on pootleing around leeds to and from work/supermarkets etc, with just me in the car.

has nobody thought that some people may fill the car up a bit more? eg, right to the top of the filler neck? i usually get around 130 miles on the first blob, but i do fill it right up

I always fill to the brim then 1 click extra. I am 99% sure that petrol stations have a sub 1% tollerance on the pumps so if you fill it to the top, you are basically getting the same amount of petrol wherever you go.

I allways fill up all the way to the top, untill I litterally see the petrol beneath the rim of the filler.

I live about 8mi from the nearest cheap petrol station, so by the time I'm home the level has gone down

and by filling up as much as possible I get the most out of filling up where I do; same petrol is more than

5 € ct cheaper there, so the more I take along, the more I (kinda) save...