Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Suffered Premature Tyre Wear

Kadett

Our own experience and reading around the forums appears to indicate the Continental front tyres on an Aygo wear at about 10.000 miles.

Our 2006 Sport now requires replacement of the third set of two-tyres at only 19.000 miles; i.e. replacing 2 fronts with the 2 rears and 2 new ones fitted to the rear.

If you consider your tyres are not lasting the distance please post a reply - also take the issue up with your local Toyota, dealer stating this is not acceptable for a vehicle of such low power.

We have had our car examined and the worn tyres sent to continetal for investigation. We will keep you posted of the outcome.

Thanks

Its because they are continentals. They are grippy tyres and wear more than say a michilin. If you want your tyres to last longer buy some Michilin's or something. Also it depends on your driving style and what you do in your car. Try and take these things into consideration. Also make sure you haven't hit any kerbs to keep the tracking straight as this will cause premature tyre wear and also tyre pressures.

I have a 2006 Aygo Sport from new and have covered almost 38k with still the original rear set of Continentals and they still have enough thread left on them to use legally. My original front set were duly replaced after my Aygo had it's 20k miles service.

I feel that the secret to their long life, is firstly ensuring that the tyres are regularly checked for correct pressure and secondly, driving style has a lot to do with it. I'm not advocating that you should drive like a weekend driver :rolleyes: , far from it most of my driving is done at motorway speeds, but I as a rule avoid harsh braking and harsh acceleration at the lights, for instance which seems to help my car's tyres last that much longer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links